28 Mar 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

transfer old psn data to new psn account

[ Edited ]
1 Reply 2,559 Views edited 28-03-2012

my ps3 got stolen day after christmas. so i lost my ps3. but not the games lolthe police told me not to use my psn at the current time till they let me know what to do in future notice. so i got a new ps3 2 weeks after my break in. but kept to what police said. so made a new psn as i wanted to play my games online. its been a few months and no response from police so i phoned them with crime refrence and they said case was closed. good policing uk could of let me know. but hay ho.                    my questionis from this on my old ps3 i had a lot of gaming on it online and off. which is from ps3 come out till december 2011i woundered is it posible i can get my game stuff back by putting it onto my new account. like DC universe and cod bf3 games that save your stats online. or even all my games. i doont care about my tropies or the stuff i bout on old one. its more off all the games i have ever played and have now lost all the progress that i worked for. can you ring sony and they transfer it all to my new psn. or is there some thing you can do as i dont want old account just in case its unsafe lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2 (2,559 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: transfer old psn data to new psn account

[ Edited ]

The only way you would be able to redownload your old games and DLC would be to put your old account onto your new ps3 and download them from that account. As for anything like stats that were stored on online servers, they'll be locked to your old account so you can't transfer them to another account.

When the police told you not to put your old account onto your new ps3, it just sounds like the police haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

You could try and put your old account onto your ps3 by creating a new user. Then when signing up to the psn on the new user, choose the option for using existing account then type your password and email from your old account. If they haven't changed the password you might be lucky enough to get it back. If you do manage to gain access to it change your password straight away. 

If that fails you could try contacting Sony customer support to get your old account back. They'll ask you a few security questions when you contact them. 

www.alphazone4.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2 (2,552 Views)
0 Kudos