13 Nov 2009
Playstation Staff

update 3.01 broke my ps3

7 Replies 1,064 Views Created 13-11-2009
ok i bought call of duty modern warfare 2 on tuesday  it asked me to update to 3.01 all went succesfull played on codmw2 for about 20 mins shut down the ps3 then later i power it up and it freezes at ps3 intro screen had to hard reset holding power button just kept crashing at same place kept having to shut it down then it finally got past the intro screen but didnt bring any xmb icons up so had to shut down again and again finally got the xmb to show proper so thought ide try to restore settings and format hdd then it restarted and just did same again  its somtimes lets me get to xmb and start a game but after a couple of minutes or even less just freezes and i have to shut down by holding power button   was working perfectly fine before i did the 3.01 update and it seems theres been alot had same thing happened to them too i hope it hasnt broke my ps3 and that its just a matter of a new update from sony  fingers crossed
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (1,064 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: update 3.01 broke my ps3

... Yeah mine just broke with Blu-Ray drive failure...  I also suspect update v3.01. 

Lets hope there's a fix for this.  (MW2 just sits and waits!)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (1,057 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i forgot to had my ps3 is a 80gb  model no: CECHK03
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (1,040 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

glad to hear its not just me!

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=147&thread.id=45916

I turned mine on yesterday, (before i bought MW2) updated it to latest update version and it wont get passed a certain bit, times out and then freezes!

Come on Sony - pull your finger out! All my other games work ok, its just this one

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (1,023 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Join the club mate sorry to say it but a lot of other people have the same problem including me. A month and a half since mine died. =( =( double sad!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (998 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

ok rang up sonythis morning told them ide tried format  restore and the hidden menu stuff  wich they didnt belive me till i told her exact what ide done then she said would i be happy with a refurb as its still under warrenty well its not like i have much choice its either keep this 1 that just freezes up constantly (update 3.01 fault) or accept a refurb so they sending a man with a pink carry case she said  monday to pick up my 80gb dead  ps3 (update 3.01 fault) and swap me for the refurb

she said on phone i will get a refurb of the exact same model  80gb model no:CECHK03  HOPES AND PRAYS i dont get a 04 model with no iplayer icon  will update you on monday when i get it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (971 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i got bored waiting so just went and bought a slimline
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (798 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

n0doubledy wrote:
i forgot to had my ps3 is a 80gb  model no: CECHK03

Dis is wat gives me scares mate...mine is same series N I am on fw 3.00 not updating it coz of this mess:Frown: dat means no online games:Frown:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (763 Views)
0 Kudos