09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Voting Open Now!

41 Replies 1,141 Views Created 15-02-2011

The Community Awards - Voting Open Now!

It's time to vote for the winners of the 2010 PlayStation Community Awards!

Our finalists are waiting for your vote. All you need to do is head to one of the voting threads below, view the finalists and select the member, thread, event or clan which you feel is most deserving of the award.

Vote - Thread of the Year 2010

Vote - Newbie of the Year

Vote - Best Community Event 2010

Vote - Most Helpful Member 2010

Vote - Most Creative Member 2010

Vote - Best Community Member 2010

Vote - Funniest Member 2010

Vote - Best PSN Online ID 2010

Vote - Friendliest Online Gamer 2010

Vote - Best Clan 2010

In order to vote, you must have been a registered community member for over 2 weeks and viewed the forum 500 times. To cast you vote, simply Kudos the post which contains the name of the game or service you would like to see win the award.

Voting is open NOW and closes on February 28th 2011.

It's over to you...

MB

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

kingskin

99%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kingskin
Accepted Solution

Diddymow wrote:
OPC being nominated in the first place is a joke. Completely unfair to have the official community clan up for an award. 

I completely agree.

Not to be sceptical(sarcasm), but the year you start the official clan you re-instate the awards, with a clan in the running all the members can vote for. Most clans have a criteria that members have to reach to enter, ie age, game etc. OPC can be entered by any idiot, making your potential membership enormous by default.  I think the award is meaningless if OPC win!

Re: Voting Open Now!

photo getdaddyabeer_zps4fd9678c.png
Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

Diddymow wrote:
OPC being nominated in the first place is a joke. Completely unfair to have the official community clan up for an award.

Aye.

You know how I feel being up against staff in the Newbie thing ;)

Beta Tester
/16

MusterBuster

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MusterBuster
Accepted Solution

ArsenalMark wrote:

Aye.

You know how I feel being up against staff in the Newbie thing ;)

LiquidRunner's status as a finalist is being debated. His actual date of registration is unclear, I need to talk to him about it.

If this is the case, his Kudos will be removed and voting will be re-opened for 24 hours. I'll let you know.

MB

0 Kudos

/16
94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Having_a_bad_day
Accepted Solution

Diddymow wrote:

Who nominated the clans in the 1st place?  I also agree its a joke.

0 Kudos

/16

Plugpin

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Plugpin
Accepted Solution

Having_a_bad_day wrote:

Diddymow wrote:

Who nominated the clans in the 1st place?  I also agree its a joke.

Only if you consider what most clans have done for the site over the years. Events, tournaments and helping new members find a place in the community. Bit of a kick in the teeth when an award finally comes around tailor made to reward the efforts of those clans and the community clan, which by definition "is open to absolutely everyone who is a member of our community. Even if you're already a member of another clan, feel free to make an alternate account and join us" comes along to take the glory..... 'nough said really.

All we want is recognition.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
SPLITTERS!!JOIN THE REVOLUCION
Beta Tester
/16

V00D00CHARL1E

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
V00D00CHARL1E
Accepted Solution

Its a shame people think like this, I used to be a member of another clan, but family commitments made it difficult to join in the sceduled games. When I was invited to join in OPC on MAGMondays, there was no pressure to join in every week, the ethos was just about having fun.

For me, gaming is about fun, my family does, and always will come first, but its nice to join in with regulars when I get a chance.

Some people take it all a bit seriously.

Good luck to whoever wins each award... and hopefully we can meet up for a friendly sometime

0 Kudos

* Earn cash back on your game purchases @ Quidco or find the cheapest prices online @ Gamecrawler *
/16
94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Having_a_bad_day
Accepted Solution

V00D00CHARL1E wrote:

Its a shame people think like this, I used to be a member of another clan, but family commitments made it difficult to join in the sceduled games. When I was invited to join in OPC on MAGMondays, there was no pressure to join in every week, the ethos was just about having fun.

For me, gaming is about fun, my family does, and always will come first, but its nice to join in with regulars when I get a chance.

Good luck to whoever wins each award... and hopefully we can meet up for a friendly sometime

Yeah thats what we are like nothing serious and your right gaming is about being fun.  As for a friendly I am sure something can be sorted out.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

V00D00CHARL1E

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
V00D00CHARL1E
Accepted Solution

Having_a_bad_day wrote:

V00D00CHARL1E wrote:

Yeah thats what we are like nothing serious and your right gaming is about being fun.  As for a friendly I am sure something can be sorted out.

Sounds cool *group hug*

0 Kudos

* Earn cash back on your game purchases @ Quidco or find the cheapest prices online @ Gamecrawler *
Beta Tester
/16

hashegotabeard

• Beta Tester
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hashegotabeard
Accepted Solution

V00D00CHARL1E wrote:

I can obviously only vouch personally for VLR but can be pretty confident the bolded statement applies to every clan up for the award in question. It's the defining pillar of VLR, and we've been doing in since 2008 (most clans up for nomination have been going even longer!).

Again, I won't speak on behalf of other people but I'd hazard a guess that there's no resentment towards OPC as a clan or towards it's members but more the fact the sites very own clan is in the running for an award. If each clan held awards for best clan within their respective clan sites or threads you'd expect nothing but a win for that clan so I'd guess many see it as unfair. It might be something to look at pending the result?

I've played with, against and represented the OPC on several occasions so certainly hold no grudges. I think there was also plans in the pipeline for friendlies already afoot. Having known the majority of clans here in some form I'm sure they'd have no qualms with you guys.

"Some people take it all a little too seriously". They did, didn't they? But it's their loss, and may have even lost them votes.

I liked to thank everyone for their support of VLR, regardless of the final outcome, and the best of luck to all those who have won and where nominated. A special thanks to those that contribute to this site and aren't recognised too. Search the sub-forums and there's an undiscovered community of great gamers that just don't get the exposure for their efforts. Keep up the great work everybody!

Beta Tester
/16

redrebel

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
redrebel
Accepted Solution

moriarty1975 wrote:

redrebel wrote:

MusterBuster wrote:

Voting cloes at 23:59!

Are we sure? because the OPC seem to have been given the winners symbol on their kudos button at the time of writing: 4pm

That medal thing just means it has a certain amount of kudos (think it shows up after 80 kudos?)

ah cool, you don't see that often, thought it was the winners symbol from last year

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

MusterBuster

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MusterBuster
Accepted Solution

redrebel wrote:

MusterBuster wrote:

Are we sure? because the OPC seem to have been given the winners symbol on their kudos button at the time of writing: 4pm

That symbol means that the number of Kudos for that post has exceeded 50.

Nothing more.

I think it was a mistake bringing this award back - it always causes more unrest than worth. Perhaps next year we'll switch it up an make it an award that the community team simply give, with no voting from the community.

MB

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

V00D00CHARL1E

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
V00D00CHARL1E
Accepted Solution

MusterBuster wrote:

redrebel wrote:

MusterBuster wrote:

Nothing more.

At the end of the day, the award for best clan always goes to the clan with the most support. If your clan's events are closed and exclusive, or if you require certain specifications to be a member, you're always going to have limited support in events like this.

Regardless, I think it was a mistake bringing this award back - it always causes more unrest than worth. Perhaps next year we'll switch it up an make it an award that the community team simply give, with no voting from the community.

MB

But isn't that the whole point of a clan MB, to prove that you are better than the other team? Although there may be a few niggles at each other, I would like to think it was all pretty light hearted.

In all fairness, it makes no difference who wins, just as it makes no difference who won a match last night. Just a touch of ego massaging ;)

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MusterBuster

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MusterBuster
Accepted Solution

V00D00CHARL1E wrote:

MusterBuster wrote:

redrebel wrote:

MusterBuster wrote:

Nothing more.

I think it was a mistake bringing this award back - it always causes more unrest than worth. Perhaps next year we'll switch it up an make it an award that the community team simply give, with no voting from the community.

MB

But isn't that the whole point of a clan MB, to prove that you are better than the other team? Although there may be a few niggles at each other, I would like to think it was all pretty light hearted.

In all fairness, it makes no difference who wins, just as it makes no difference who won a match last night. Just a touch of ego massaging ;)

I phrased that post quite badly ;)

I've editted.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

V00D00CHARL1E

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
V00D00CHARL1E
Accepted Solution

Nice idea MB

0 Kudos

/16

jenxy_

75%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jenxy_
Accepted Solution

No bad idea MB, HoPE is a new clan, we are growing and were planning on kicking butt next year, so keep it the way it is  pleeeaasseeee :smileytongue:

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution
I agree with MB, in all honesty for the Clan thing.

It's not really an award - it's just a contest for which clan has the most amount of members, since members of each clan will obviously vote for their own clan.

Will be much better, if it's just decided by staff, and given to the clan they believe has been most giving and helpful to the community. Just my opinion ofcourse.
0 Kudos

/16

leggy1975

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
leggy1975
Accepted Solution

ArsenalMark wrote:
I agree with MB, in all honesty for the Clan thing.

It's not really an award - it's just a contest for which clan has the most amount of members, since members of each clan will obviously vote for their own clan.

I wouldnt say thats true. From our "clan" (VLR) we only generated 30 or so votes so 2/3 came from the OPF community and other clans

Personally I think the "rivalry" if you can call it that is good for the community. No-one has fallen out because of this and if anything its opened up the OPF community further to other new members, sites and fun nights. None of the clans running for the award are serious gaming clans in fact they are quite the opposite

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

toigoi

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
toigoi
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

hashegotabeard

• Beta Tester
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hashegotabeard
Accepted Solution
Hi toigoi, welcome to the forums!

I'm afraid voting ended for the Awards on Monday 28th, Feb and therefore your vote won't be counted this time around. However, stick around the forum and you'll have a chance to vote again, when the Community Awards return, around the same time next year. Who knows, you my even be up for one yourself!
0 Kudos

/16
94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Having_a_bad_day
Accepted Solution
And the winner is...............................?
0 Kudos

/16

leggy1975

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
leggy1975
Accepted Solution

Having_a_bad_day wrote:
And the winner is...............................?

u?

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel