31 May 2012
By Mike939
Playstation Staff

Dawnguard trailer

14 Replies 566 Views Created 31-05-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3PjBSicSVqI 

Looks good.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (566 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Dawnguard trailer

Yeah It looks alright.. What a suprise for it being vampire based... it seems everything is these days...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (562 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Definitely looks like a daedric realm. With the vamps, I'm guessing Molag Bal's (reported creator of vampires). In addition to what I think is Bal's realm, I see a forest that looks newish and the two fortresses (the Dawnguard fortress looks like a lot like Skingrad. Just saying), plus a third new building that looks like a glowing castle. This will surely be a large expansion.

That said, looks like vampires are going to finally not suck (lol indeed).I played a vamp often in Oblivion in characters that weren't goody two-shoes (and feel sorry for baddie one-shoe) and wanted MOAR POWR. I also liked the clan quests in Morrowind. They were gimped in Skyrim up until now and even as a stealth character, being a vamp just wasn't any fun.

Should also be fun to play the opposite side as well. I might make a character named Buffy and hope there's a wooden stake weapon in the game. Or just take on the vamps with my crusading Dunmer (seems a slight shame to waste him by not making him a vamp but he's lawful-good all the way).

Crossbows are there, that's kind of upsetting yet it fits the theme. I'm always worried that the series is going to go Steampunk. They were in Morrowind anyway, so I know it's a silly concern.

I think it's obvious that we're going to get a lot more TES vamp lore fleshed out. Maybe even run into the first vampire, Lamae. I also see Molag Bal several times in the trailer, which is a good sign.

I believe my favorite part is the dragon diving and breaking through the ice (have to hope that means dragon tactics are changed for the vanilla game as well). It's either that or the detail of the moths fluttering around the Elder Scroll (see, BethSoft hasn't forgotten us nerds yet).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (540 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

seraphim_falconu wrote:

Definitely looks like a daedric realm. With the vamps, I'm guessing Molag Bal's (reported creator of vampires). In addition to what I think is Bal's realm, I see a forest that looks newish and the two fortresses (the Dawnguard fortress looks like a lot like Skingrad. Just saying), plus a third new building that looks like a glowing castle. This will surely be a large expansion.

That said, looks like vampires are going to finally not suck (lol indeed).I played a vamp often in Oblivion in characters that weren't goody two-shoes (and feel sorry for baddie one-shoe) and wanted MOAR POWR. I also liked the clan quests in Morrowind. They were gimped in Skyrim up until now and even as a stealth character, being a vamp just wasn't any fun.

Should also be fun to play the opposite side as well. I might make a character named Buffy and hope there's a wooden stake weapon in the game. Or just take on the vamps with my crusading Dunmer (seems a slight shame to waste him by not making him a vamp but he's lawful-good all the way).

Crossbows are there, that's kind of upsetting yet it fits the theme. I'm always worried that the series is going to go Steampunk. They were in Morrowind anyway, so I know it's a silly concern.

I think it's obvious that we're going to get a lot more TES vamp lore fleshed out. Maybe even run into the first vampire, Lamae. I also see Molag Bal several times in the trailer, which is a good sign.

I believe my favorite part is the dragon diving and breaking through the ice (have to hope that means dragon tactics are changed for the vanilla game as well). It's either that or the detail of the moths fluttering around the Elder Scroll (see, BethSoft hasn't forgotten us nerds yet).

I think the new vampires are going to be a problem. I don't know if I want to be one of them or a werewolf:smileysad:

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (530 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Cant wait 4 dawnguard after seeing this trailer!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (476 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

No one has even mentioned if it's even coming to PS3 yet.

Just don't get your hopes up Bethesda always finds away to disappoint me when it comes to us Ps3 user.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (463 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

PaulTheRebel wrote:

No one has even mentioned if it's even coming to PS3 yet.

Just don't get your hopes up Bethesda always finds away to disappoint me when it comes to us Ps3 user.

it was mentioned a while ago that we get it 1 month after xbox does......keep up :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (458 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

They say about around a month but no one has mentioned a release date?

Also we haven't received Patch 1.6 yet. but the other consoles have.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (454 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I looked it up on GameStop and it said were still going to get it. Also be patient it will be coming out soon.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (448 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

They've released this bit of news on Dawnguard for the PlayStation 3 version. 

"We are not satisfied yet with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3.

We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse.

We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC.

We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality."

Source: Bethblog

Battlelog - The Battlefield Sunday Event: Sundays 8pm
and Battlefield 4 DLC Wednesdays, at 8pm
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (428 Views)
0 Kudos