Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Is the official strategy guide worth buying?

MalevolentEntity wrote:

rancidpunk wrote:
I'd say the skyrim wiki would be a better bet. After a little time it will have more info than any strategy guide, plus pointers towards avoiding any bugs present in the game.

this, yeah the uesp skyrim.com, i use if i'm ever stuck.

but whats the point in buying guides, its just like your mummy holding your hand and walking you through the game.

go off and play it have fun isnt that what games are supposed to be about.

in my opinion when i spend 50 dabs on a game i want it to be a fun challenging experience, and exploring this type of open world, for me is part of the fun!

thats a dumb comment...you are doing the exact thing i am doing,only you are going online when you get stuck and i am using the guide when i get stuck,yet the people who buy the guide you are happy to say they are having their mummy holding their hands and being walked through the game

not everyone buys the guide to have their hands held..its up to them to take what infomation they want from what is printed in the guide,just like its up to you to take what infomation you want from the walkthru's online

I buy guides for two reasons (i have 100+) 1)-a companion for the game i buy and 2)because it would be annoying if i had to go downstairs,turn on the computer and then look it up instead of just looking it up in the book on the arm of my chair

I hate people like you who are annoyed with other people on how they play the games that they buy,it doesn't matter if they use a guide,it doesn't matter if they put it on very easy,it doesn't matter if they put in cheats it just matters if they enjoy the game,let them play the game how they want,they paid for it

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 24 (341 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

okay maybe 'Hate' is a too strong a word,but it still cheeses me off

another thought about the guide are the maps,not even sure the uesp has those,in some cases they are clearer then the ingame maps

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24 (335 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

as stated above its well worth the extra cost.

I arent usually into these games but i got both in a bundle and alls i can say is i'm hooked.

the game alone is addictive bu with the addition of the guide i'm finding things and getting tips on things that i would never have found on my own as this game is immense!

I have the .pdf version somewhere if you want it but to be honest it isnt the same as reading the book.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24 (322 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

oooh, someone is tetchy!!!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24 (310 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

yeah,you!!  if you are that bothered on how people play their own games

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24 (290 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

dude, I was expressing my opinion, I wasnt ranting like other posters, ( u) lighten up its xmas
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

NO you lighten up!!!

Spoiler

:Stupid:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24 (268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24 (255 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

dude thats not very festive, and poor santa, he's just thinking on henry the brown nose reindeer!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24 (251 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

@metallicorphan Why are you so ***** off? If u can't play its your problem. Are you 12?
Manish Max Naik
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24 (242 Views)
0 Kudos