Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 176

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

20 Jan 2012
By mont348

mont348

  • MVP
  • Online
98%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

Patch 1.04 almost ready.

25 Replies 1,193 Views Created 20-01-2012
"We’re hoping to finalize this next week, and submit it to the console manufacturers for certification, as well as release on PC."

Hopefully some noticeable improvements to the PS3's performance just started noticing slowdown issues myself and a completed miscellaneous quest not registered as complete.

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/01/19/news-on-the-creation-kit-and-game-updates/
0 Kudos
LABELS:

Nested replies sux what were they thinking?
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
02
/16

storm_myke

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
storm_myke
Accepted Solution

 

The 1.4 patch for Skyrim includes many performance-enhancing updates for the PlayStation 3. A few important things to note:

1. To ensure the fastest jump in performance after applying the patch, be sure to first create a new manual save by entering the save menu and choosing “save game.” You should then restart your PlayStation 3 before continuing to play.

 

2. If you encounter strange behavior while playing immediately following application of the patch, do not be alarmed – this is a temporary effect of Skyrim scripts correcting themselves after the update. Once this process runs its course, be sure to make a new save and restart your PlayStation 3.

 

 

 http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1345112-important-information-on-patch-14/

 

I'd also re-install game data and cross fingers....

View solution in original post

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

05
/16

Devastator9

  • Offline
79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Devastator9
Accepted Solution

mont348 wrote:
"We’re hoping to finalize this next week, and submit it to the console manufacturers for certification, as well as release on PC."

Hopefully some noticeable improvements to the PS3's performance just started noticing slowdown issues myself and a completed miscellaneous quest not registered as complete.

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/01/19/news-on-the-creation-kit-and-game-updates/


yeah i read about that, very happy, it looks like it might solve some problems with quests that i have had, (i shall probably still have to restart, but at least in the future those quests i had issues with i won't the second time around).

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

03
/16

seany_boy2k8

  • Offline
94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
seany_boy2k8
Accepted Solution

your linky no worky

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.


PSN: seany_boy2k8
Xbox tag: Seany_Blitz
Award Winner
15
/16

Kermit1970

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
97%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution
Here's the full list. There could be some spoilers in there

 

Spoiler

It’s been a few weeks since our last update on Skyrim’s status, so we wanted to share details on what we’re working on.

The Creation Kit and Steam Workshop are nearly ready. We’re currently working with members of Valve and our modding community to do some final testing, and we’re on track for a public release near the end of the month. We think Skyrim modding is one of the game’s best features, and we have the best modders of any game. It’s been a lot of exciting work for us, and we can’t wait to unleash it.

Skyrim’s 1.4 update is currently undergoing testing on all three platforms. The update will include fixes and optimizations for the most common issues people have been reporting (see below). We’re hoping to finalize this next week, and submit it to the console manufacturers for certification, as well as release on PC.

Our current update plan for the PC is to first release our updates as “beta” versions through Steam. This is something you’ll be able to opt into through Steam and back-out of if needed. This is an extra safety check for everyone going forward and should expedite and improve our updating process for our PC users. We’ll have more info soon on how this will work.

Echoing what we said back in December, we’ll continue to look into issues that are being reported and subsequent updates will follow. You have all supported Skyrim in a huge way, and we’ll be supporting all of you, and continue to make the game better.

After the break, check out the current changelog for 1.4.

 

Current 1.4 Changelog (all platforms unless noted)

NEW FEATURES

  • Skyrim launcher support for Steam Workshop (PC)

BUG FIXES

  • General optimizations for memory and performance
  • Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequin’s in player’s house. (PS3)
  • Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
  • Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
  • Memory optimizations related to scripting
  • Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
  • Fixed crash in Haemar’s Shame if player had already completed “A Daedra’s Best Friend”
  • Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
  • Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
  • Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
  • Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
  • Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
  • Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player’s home
  • Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player’s house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
  • Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
  • Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
  • Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
  • Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
  • Fixed memory crash with container menu
  • Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
  • Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor’s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
  • Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail
  • Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks

QUEST FIXES

  • The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity”
  • In “Breaching Security”, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
  • Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if “Season Unending” was an active quest
  • Fixed issue where starting “Season Unending” after finishing “Joining the Stormcloaks” would prevent “The Jagged Crown” from starting properly.
  • Fixed issue progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests.
  • In “Arniel’s Endeavor”, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
  • In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
  • Fixed rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible
  • In “The White Phial”, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
  • “The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
  • Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing “A Night to Remember”
  • Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing
  • In “Darkness Returns”, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
  • In “Under New Management”, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
  • “Onmund’s Request” will now start properly if player has already found Enthir’s staff before receiving this quest
  • Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
  • “Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
  • Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
  • In “The Coming of the Dawn”, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
  • Fixed rare issue in “The Mind of Madness” where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
  • Fixed issue in “Pieces of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon’s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
  • “Blood’s Honor” will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
  • Fixed rare issue where “Dampened Spirits” would not start properly
  • Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
  • Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine would block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”
  • Fixed numerous issues with “Blood on the Ice” not triggering properly
  • In “Blood on the Ice”, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
  • In “The Cure for Madness”, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
  • Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly
  • Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting “Boethiah’s Champion” no longer prevents quest from starting.

 

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

Beta Tester
10
/16

ytevo79

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
Armour and clothing can be displayed on mannequin’s in player’s house? News to me never even seen a mannequin

And thank god the Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity” Been trying to glitch inside to see if I actually got it or not.
0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

05
/16

Devastator9

  • Offline
79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Devastator9
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:
Armour and clothing can be displayed on mannequin’s in player’s house? News to me never even seen a mannequin

And thank god the Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity” Been trying to glitch inside to see if I actually got it or not.


if you only have the whiterun house then you would have never seen the mannequins, as far as i know, only marketh, solitude, and windhelm have mannequins (possibly riften also, but i can't remember).

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

Beta Tester
10
/16

ytevo79

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
Yes I do only have that house and explains it then :) I like living there its the nicest town and almost central to everywhere. I've 123000 gold so I might as well splash out on the other homes then.

Oh, while we're on about money I've heard you can invest in shops? I guess I haven't got to a certain part of the game yet that enables this so don't tell me if it contains any major spoilers ;)
0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

05
/16

Devastator9

  • Offline
79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Devastator9
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:
Yes I do only have that house and explains it then :) I like living there its the nicest town and almost central to everywhere. I've 123000 gold so I might as well splash out on the other homes then.

Oh, while we're on about money I've heard you can invest in shops? I guess I haven't got to a certain part of the game yet that enables this so don't tell me if it contains any major spoilers ;)


no spoilers.... just look in your perk list (under speech), it doesn't earn you money in the sense of hourly money (like you get from your wife), but it grants extra money to the vendors (i think its about a 1000 gold).

Need to work on saving more money... got 60000, so on my way to the 100000 for the trophy.

I own all houses except the one in windhelm (which i can't buy because the quest taht is linked to it won't start for me and is possibly glitched.... which is kinda annoying because from what i have heard it is the best house).

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

06
/16

Mike939

  • Offline
96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution
'Bout time! After my playtime hit about 160 hours it's started to freeze:(
0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.


*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Beta Tester
10
/16

ytevo79

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Devastator9 wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:
Yes I do only have that house and explains it then :) I like living there its the nicest town and almost central to everywhere. I've 123000 gold so I might as well splash out on the other homes then.

Oh, while we're on about money I've heard you can invest in shops? I guess I haven't got to a certain part of the game yet that enables this so don't tell me if it contains any major spoilers ;)


no spoilers.... just look in your perk list (under speech), it doesn't earn you money in the sense of hourly money (like you get from your wife), but it grants extra money to the vendors (i think its about a 1000 gold).

Need to work on saving more money... got 60000, so on my way to the 100000 for the trophy.

I own all houses except the one in windhelm (which i can't buy because the quest taht is linked to it won't start for me and is possibly glitched.... which is kinda annoying because from what i have heard it is the best house).


 

I've been hovering between 40k and about 60k for a few weeks now as I always seemed to bump into someone who could train me, and at the higher levels it gets quite expensive.

 

But as with any game that you earn money in, you always end up swimming in it towards the end so concentrating on my skills was more important then getting 100000 gold, I knew that trophy would come in time ;)

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

05
/16

Devastator9

  • Offline
79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Devastator9
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:

Devastator9 wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:
Yes I do only have that house and explains it then :) I like living there its the nicest town and almost central to everywhere. I've 123000 gold so I might as well splash out on the other homes then.

Oh, while we're on about money I've heard you can invest in shops? I guess I haven't got to a certain part of the game yet that enables this so don't tell me if it contains any major spoilers ;)


no spoilers.... just look in your perk list (under speech), it doesn't earn you money in the sense of hourly money (like you get from your wife), but it grants extra money to the vendors (i think its about a 1000 gold).

Need to work on saving more money... got 60000, so on my way to the 100000 for the trophy.

I own all houses except the one in windhelm (which i can't buy because the quest taht is linked to it won't start for me and is possibly glitched.... which is kinda annoying because from what i have heard it is the best house).


 

I've been hovering between 40k and about 60k for a few weeks now as I always seemed to bump into someone who could train me, and at the higher levels it gets quite expensive.

 

But as with any game that you earn money in, you always end up swimming in it towards the end so concentrating on my skills was more important then getting 100000 gold, I knew that trophy would come in time ;)



leveling and money are my key focuses at this stage.... i am half way through level 47, and like i said around the 55000-60000 gold mark, so i am trying to do things to level up whilst selling stuff to earn money (and i have accumulated A LOT of weapons and potions to sell!!), so yes those two trophies will arrive with time. Then i can restart with a new character to do the thieves guild questline again (as i mentioned before i sold the theives guild armour thinking i wouldn't need it anymore... guess i was wrong!!), and once that is done i will have platinumed skyrim (most recently got the oblivion walker trophy... turns out a quest i thought was glitched wasn't... thank god for the skyrim wiki page!!).

 

The amount i am playing it it shouldn't take long, today i only played it for 3 hours... which is easily the least amount of time i have put into the game in one day for at least a week!!

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

Beta Tester
10
/16

ytevo79

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Haha I finished my last 2 Deadric quests off last, night and the trophy didn't pop! :o I checked in the stats page and was sure I had 15 artefacts and confirmed I had done 15 quests! I reloaded my save and did what I thought I had to do and still nothing.

 

I went back to Breezhome to get the rest of the artefacts and to do that final quest with them all on me, the PS3 can't get out on glitching on me then, right?

 

But as I was checking them off I realised I was missing an artefact (Clavicus Vile's Masque) shock horror! :o After checking good old wikia I found that it was the second to last quest I had just done and that I made the wrong choice at the end.

 

Now I use 3 saves alternating always saving over the older save. Luckily my oldest save was halfway through the quest I messed up so I only had to finish it off and then onto the last one and I got my trophy :)

 

 

A Daedra's Best Friend

 

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THIS QUEST YET..

 

Spoiler
As with most of the other quests killing grants you the artefact, so I killed the dog, Barbas and walked away with the Axe thinking that was done and dusted. But you had to save him in order to get the mask. I'm just so glad I was the second to last quest and I realised so soon..
0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

05
/16

Devastator9

  • Offline
79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Devastator9
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:

Haha I finished my last 2 Deadric quests off last, night and the trophy didn't pop! :o I checked in the stats page and was sure I had 15 artefacts and confirmed I had done 15 quests! I reloaded my save and did what I thought I had to do and still nothing.

 

I went back to Breezhome to get the rest of the artefacts and to do that final quest with them all on me, the PS3 can't get out on glitching on me then, right?

 

But as I was checking them off I realised I was missing an artefact (Clavicus Vile's Masque) shock horror! :o After checking good old wikia I found that it was the second to last quest I had just done and that I made the wrong choice at the end.

 

Now I use 3 saves alternating always saving over the older save. Luckily my oldest save was halfway through the quest I messed up so I only had to finish it off and then onto the last one and I got my trophy :)

 

 

A Daedra's Best Friend

 

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THIS QUEST YET..

 

Spoiler
Spoiler
As with most of the other quests killing grants you the artefact, so I killed the dog, Barbas and walked away with the Axe thinking that was done and dusted. But you had to save him in order to get the mask. I'm just so glad I was the second to last quest and I realised so soon..

 



i guessed right on that particular quest!! I didn't guess right on another 1 though, which i was unable to go back to (the ring of nibella), but for once a glitch helped me and i was able to get both items from the ill lit by moonlight quest... that enabled me to get the trophy, otheriwse i would have had more issues on my restart!

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

Beta Tester
10
/16

ytevo79

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Yeah I read about that one.

 

 

 

EDIT: Just realised we're taking this a bit off topic lol so I've started a small talk thread so we can share out stories about the game in there ;)

 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/The-Elder-Scrolls/Skyrim-Small-Talk/td-p/14819731

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
09
/16

Cimbrer

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
94%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cimbrer
Accepted Solution

They've released the final patch notes for the 1.4 update. 

 

"As an update to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 users, we’re submitting 1.4 to the console manufacturers this week. When these updates are available, we’ll let everyone know."

 

Read all the info here: Bethblog link

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

MVP
11
/16

mont348

  • MVP
  • Online
98%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution
It looks likely next week been getting some awful lag now, the update can't arrive quick enough for me.
0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.


Nested replies sux what were they thinking?
05
/16

IrishViper1

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

A patch for the PC version has just been released so hopefully the PS3 patch will hit soon.

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

02
/16

KAngermann

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KAngermann
Accepted Solution

                Haven't had slowdown issues since lev 35,...39 now. But the amount of broken mini quests and misc quests is disturbing. Decided to do the book finding quest line for awhile. Ran into a bug that doesn;t allow me to advance into the dungeon far enough to get said book. Looked it up online and found out its a common occurence. Shame such a fantastic game can give such great moments,....and then give us gaming's greatest fails.

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

02
/16

BasketSnake

  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BasketSnake
Accepted Solution
I really can't be bothered to look it up but I believe there's 16 daedra quests meaning you don't need Clavicus.
0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

02
/16

storm_myke

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
storm_myke
Accepted Solution

there are 15 deadric quests,the 16th deadra is Noctural which is related to the thieves guild line. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Quests_%28Skyrim%29

 

 

Spoiler

 

you need the Masque of Clavicus vile not the axe if you want the trophy

 

 

 

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.

MVP
11
/16

mont348

  • MVP
  • Online
98%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

 

The new patch should be with us sometime over the next 24 hours it's apparently live for Xbox 360 users and a moderator on the Bethesda forums says it "should" be available today.

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.04 almost ready.


Nested replies sux what were they thinking?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel