Games: Role-Playing Games

The Elder Scrolls

The Elder Scrolls

Level 4

Re: Skyrim 1.7 Patch (Europe) and no news on Dawnguard

lfcrule1972 wrote:
I have only recently started Skyrim so the DLC wait is not really an issue for me yet, I get the occasional freeze (two or three now I think) but generally at lvl 21 and nothing major to worry me so far.....

As a fan of the Fallout games I am expecting that to worsen when my game save gets to around 10mb ish if past performance is anything to go by :smileysad:

This was kind of fixed in a previous patch.

My advice is to disable auto save , it seems to make the game less buggy (for me anyway). But dont forget to manually save every now and then otherwise you will throw your controller at the floor in disgust if it freezes after a couple hours of play (yes , it still does this every now and then i am afraid)

cheers.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Cheers - I am now 240+ hours into the game, level 38 and did disable Autosave, seems to work fine for me with only the occasional freeze and nothing to get heated about.

isn't there supposed to be an announcement about PS3 DLC (or not) this week ?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (458 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

lfcrule1972 wrote:
Cheers - I am now 240+ hours into the game, level 38 and did disable Autosave, seems to work fine for me with only the occasional freeze and nothing to get heated about.

isn't there supposed to be an announcement about PS3 DLC (or not) this week ?

who knows???

Bethesda keep things very close to their chest it seems , i have given up hoping for any news , if it comes....it comes. cheers

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (456 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I had a look around the official Bethesda forums and was disappointed to see the lack of official response from them on the question of PS3 DLC......

I remember the issues with Fallout freezes and most topics being closed by the Mods, it's real shame but I really think the DLC for us in never going to happen !

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (428 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Good news , a glimmer of hope as on nearly all the gaming sites today thee is news of bethesda saying they are close to releasing some dlc for us , fingers crossed gang!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

they're releasing the dlcs this month   :smileyvery-happy:  1st being dragonborn

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (192 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Yeah I read that a while ago, I think there is also a week where the DLC will have a discount as well. Keeping my eyes peeled for news of when this hits the PSN, will grab it with the discount and then play it after I have finished AC III, NFS Most Wanted and Lego LOTR. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (152 Views)
0 Kudos