Reply
Level 6
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim Tips thread

Read the legend of red eagle, it's a good quest.
k photo kz2.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 51 (586 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim Tips thread

Easy ways to increase your smithing are when you go through a dungeon, pick up all the armour of bandits, like the hide and leather etc, then go to the work bench and upgrade them all, your smithing will go up in no time. You'll need leather and leather strips so just always take pelts when you kill a wolf then go to the tanning rack thing.

 

Alternatively, I find mining iron ore then making it into iron ingots/buying them, and then making ***** loads of iron daggers gets my smithing up loads. 

 

Doing this gets your overall level up alot faster and you can make much better armour than you'll be finding at earlier levels and you can improve on your weapons, getting smithing to level 60 means you can upgrade enchanted weapons and armour which is very useful!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 51 (585 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim Tips thread

[ Edited ]

seany_boy2k8 wrote:

 

 


ytevo79 wrote:

An important tip that gets hugely overlooked especially by noobies to this sort of game;

 

***SAVE OFTEN***

 

Dont be bored to read books. Some of them are skill books and increase your skills. Going to backtrack to a few I missed last night as I was tired and couldn't be bothered to read :smileysad: Saying that I don't think they were skills of some sort anyway.


 

 

you dont have to actually read the whole book just press X and if its for increasing a certain skill it will do automaticly just press back and leave it


 

 

Yes I know that, but you still have to pick it up and ''read'' it (by pressing X). You cant just stare at it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 51 (552 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim Tips thread


ytevo79 wrote:

seany_boy2k8 wrote:

 

 


ytevo79 wrote:

An important tip that gets hugely overlooked especially by noobies to this sort of game;

 

***SAVE OFTEN***

 

Dont be bored to read books. Some of them are skill books and increase your skills. Going to backtrack to a few I missed last night as I was tired and couldn't be bothered to read :smileysad: Saying that I don't think they were skills of some sort anyway.


 

 

you dont have to actually read the whole book just press X and if its for increasing a certain skill it will do automaticly just press back and leave it


 

 

Yes I know that, but you still have to pick it up and ''read'' it (by pressing X). You cant just stare at it.


 

yea u have to press read but you dont have to read thats my point lol no excuse not to be bothered :smileytongue:


PSN: seany_boy2k8
Xbox tag: Seany_Blitz
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 51 (547 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim Tips thread


seany_boy2k8 wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:

seany_boy2k8 wrote:

 

 


ytevo79 wrote:

An important tip that gets hugely overlooked especially by noobies to this sort of game;

 

***SAVE OFTEN***

 

Dont be bored to read books. Some of them are skill books and increase your skills. Going to backtrack to a few I missed last night as I was tired and couldn't be bothered to read :smileysad: Saying that I don't think they were skills of some sort anyway.


 

 

you dont have to actually read the whole book just press X and if its for increasing a certain skill it will do automaticly just press back and leave it


 

 

Yes I know that, but you still have to pick it up and ''read'' it (by pressing X). You cant just stare at it.


 

yea u have to press read but you dont have to read thats my point lol no excuse not to be bothered :smileytongue:



But most of the books that aren't skill books offer background history, or stories but I get bored of reading them. With skill books as soon as the page opens it upgrades your stats and you can put it back down straight away. I was referring to all the books I pick up (as you don't know what is skill and what isn't) and that fact that I was tired at the time.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 51 (538 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim Tips thread


Richteabiscuit wrote:

Easy ways to increase your smithing are when you go through a dungeon, pick up all the armour of bandits, like the hide and leather etc, then go to the work bench and upgrade them all, your smithing will go up in no time. You'll need leather and leather strips so just always take pelts when you kill a wolf then go to the tanning rack thing.

 

Alternatively, I find mining iron ore then making it into iron ingots/buying them, and then making ***** loads of iron daggers gets my smithing up loads. 

 

Doing this gets your overall level up alot faster and you can make much better armour than you'll be finding at earlier levels and you can improve on your weapons, getting smithing to level 60 means you can upgrade enchanted weapons and armour which is very useful!


 

 

where do you go to mine stuff? I went into the mine thats near riverwood but thats just full of bandits.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 51 (508 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim Tips thread


Spotter5 wrote:

Richteabiscuit wrote:

Easy ways to increase your smithing are when you go through a dungeon, pick up all the armour of bandits, like the hide and leather etc, then go to the work bench and upgrade them all, your smithing will go up in no time. You'll need leather and leather strips so just always take pelts when you kill a wolf then go to the tanning rack thing.

 

Alternatively, I find mining iron ore then making it into iron ingots/buying them, and then making ***** loads of iron daggers gets my smithing up loads. 

 

Doing this gets your overall level up alot faster and you can make much better armour than you'll be finding at earlier levels and you can improve on your weapons, getting smithing to level 60 means you can upgrade enchanted weapons and armour which is very useful!


 

 

where do you go to mine stuff? I went into the mine thats near riverwood but thats just full of bandits.


 

There are ore locations dotted around in various mines and locations, just carry a pick axe with you :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 51 (501 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim Tips thread

oh right! : D
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 51 (492 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim Tips thread


metallicorphan wrote:

when Sam in Whiterun Inn asks you for a drinking competition make sure you are not about to finish playing for the night :xLol:


 

Although the, eventual, reward for the night of drunkedness is more than worth it! It's got me out of a few tricky situations.

 

Another tip:

 

If you have a companion, who uses a bow, give them just one of your best type of arrow. Not only will they use that type all the time, with no need of extra arrows, but you can also pick them up from slain bodies and increase your own arrow count.

.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 51 (478 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim Tips thread

Take a shower and have a decent meal before playing Skyrim, as you may end up hungry and smelly in the morning.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 51 (429 Views)
0 Kudos