60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Un-Official Oblivion Questions Thread - May Contains Spoilers-

662 Replies 31,623 Views Created 07-05-2007
Ok i thought this would be good because all over the place i see questions about oblivion , including me, so i thought i would make this so everyone can put there questions in here and get them answered.

You can include anything you like, How to do things, Quests (put that in white so its not a spoiler), anything you are stuck on post it here.

Ok :gr8:

ill start off ....... where do you find s'kreeva so i can pay half the price for my fines?

thanks in advanced guys :gr8:
0 Kudos
LABELS:

[AAO] Against All Odds Co-Leader
Rangers Football Club fan & proud
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Lukediddle

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lukediddle
Accepted Solution
Strength I think... Whenever you level up, and chose which points your stats go on, take a look at what each stat improves. One of them improves encumberance, and iirc it's strength. It is Strength But if your a thief, then the best thing to do is get an alteration spell "feather" on self. geta good one. You can also enhance armour with feather too, which is really handy, But i really reccomend getting the feather spell. Very useful on MANY occasions :gr8:
0 Kudos

Re: Un-Official Oblivion Questions Thread

/16

greenport

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
greenport
Accepted Solution
does anyone know where to get 20 dragon tongue and 20 redwort flower?

or how long you have to wait to back to the same flowers to repick them?

:cry: :( :cry:
0 Kudos

/16

andy_mc_rfc1

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
andy_mc_rfc1
Accepted Solution

go into the official oblivion progress thread and ViperHawk was asking about that in there and someone told him where they grow it. Hope this helps

PS The thread is down the thread a bit

Andy Mc :gr8:
0 Kudos

/16

Sheikah

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sheikah
Accepted Solution
Question: How do I get rid of being denied at the alter when praying for a cure of status effects? My bounty has been cleared. I even deliberately tried gaining a bounty then paying it off again to see if I could use the alter. I think it's a bug, is there a way to fix it?
0 Kudos

/16

andy_mc_rfc1

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
andy_mc_rfc1
Accepted Solution
Question:

How do I get rid of being denied at the alter when praying for a cure of status effects? My bounty has been cleared. I even deliberately tried gaining a bounty then paying it off again to see if I could use the alter.

I think it's a bug, is there a way to fix it?

i have the same problem so it will be intresting to find out :gr8:
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Trivious

• Beta Tester
88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Trivious
Accepted Solution

Please give some feedback on this to see if works for you. :gr8:

I know the Inn i'll have ago thanks :gr8:
0 Kudos

/16

[Princessa]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Princessa]
Accepted Solution

If you've only committed one crime (I'm assuming this is for reentry into the mages' guild) then you'll only have to get one of these things not both, surprising but true even though you get told to collect both. The easiest is dragon tongue plants so head to fort redwater where you can pick nearly 20 in one go, it's hard to describe where it is and pretty annoying to locate but it's along the panther river, from the start of the river you need to be around the area of the third fork. I don't know how long you have to wait but I waited around a day and a half hoping they'd come back and some had regenerated by then.
If however, you have committed more than one crime you will have to get both, and redwort are far more annoying, mostly you have to go around hoping magical shops will sell them (ususally one or two at a time) :)
0 Kudos

/16

Zah_81

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zah_81
Accepted Solution
Question: How do I get rid of being denied at the alter when praying for a cure of status effects? My bounty has been cleared. I even deliberately tried gaining a bounty then paying it off again to see if I could use the alter. I think it's a bug, is there a way to fix it? i have the same problem so it will be intresting to find out :gr8: Andy think I remember you saying you were doing Dark Brotherhood Quests right? Not sure about you Sheikah but I think (now I could be wrong here and I can't find where I read it) that when your infamy is above your fame you can't pray at chapels. You should be able to get cure disease potions for most types of diseases or do some good quests (you evil people lol) to get your fame above your infamy Edit: I found it on the Oblivion Wiki, scroll to "What Infamy Affects" section and it is the second one down: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Infamy
0 Kudos

/16

Phily_50

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Phily_50
Accepted Solution
best way to get cash?
0 Kudos

/16

[MK WONE]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[MK WONE]
Accepted Solution
Join the thieves guild, do the first couple of missions till you get told about a bloke who you can sell stolen stuff to, then during the nights break into shops and steal stuff, Personally i go for imperial city and go for the hank and smash, the best deffenses and that potion place, abviously try and go in as light as possible so you can nab more stuff. Failing that join the area and win fights. scavenge dungeons. Quiet frankly theres so many different ways to do it
0 Kudos

/16

andy_mc_rfc1

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
andy_mc_rfc1
Accepted Solution
Andy think I remember you saying you were doing Dark Brotherhood Quests right? Not sure about you Sheikah but I think (now I could be wrong here and I can't find where I read it) that when your infamy is above your fame you can't pray at chapels.

You should be able to get cure disease potions for most types of diseases or do some good quests (you evil people lol) to get your fame above your infamy

Edit: I found it on the Oblivion Wiki, scroll to "What Infamy Affects" section and it is the second one down:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Infamy

so all i have to do is get a cure diseases potion and ill be able to pray at the chapel?? thats fine i just nicked the potion :lol:

and im now the listener in the dark brotherhood :D
0 Kudos

/16
80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[UKTheDarkPotatoe]
Accepted Solution
Should I add my Oblivion Life forum's entire story to the Story thingymabob?
0 Kudos

/16

Zah_81

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zah_81
Accepted Solution
so all i have to do is get a cure diseases potion and ill be able to pray at the chapel?? thats fine i just nicked the potion :lol: and im now the listener in the dark brotherhood :D No, I meant cure your diseases with a cure disease potion - you'll still not be able to pray until your fame is above your infamy, you evil person :lol:
0 Kudos

/16

andy_mc_rfc1

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
andy_mc_rfc1
Accepted Solution
Should I add my Oblivion Life forum's entire story to the Story thingymabob?

what do you mean your oblivion life??
0 Kudos

/16

andy_mc_rfc1

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
andy_mc_rfc1
Accepted Solution
No, I meant cure your diseases with a cure disease potion - you'll still not be able to pray you evil person :lol:

awwww :cry: how am i going to do the knights of nine and quests like that then??
0 Kudos

/16

Zah_81

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zah_81
Accepted Solution
awwww :cry: how am i going to do the knights of nine and quests like that then?? Take it you are loving Oblivion then? Haven't seen you on Resistance for a while. To get your fame up? Yeah Knights Of The Nine will work, you could do the Arena at the Imperial City, close random Oblivion Gates or maybe join the Fighter's Guild (or Mage's or Theif's but Fighter's is better) and do their quests. Most sidequests work too, well more or less any quest as long as you aren't killing innocents ;) Btw what are your fame and infamy sitting at just now?
0 Kudos

/16

andy_mc_rfc1

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
andy_mc_rfc1
Accepted Solution
Take it you are loving Oblivion then? Haven't seen you on Resistance for a while.

To get your fame up? Yeah Knights Of The Nine will work, you could do the Arena at the Imperial City, or maybe join the Fighter's Guild and do their quests. Most sidequests work too, wellm ore or less any quest as long as you aren't killing innocents ;)

Btw what are your fame and infamy sitting at just now?

fame : 6
infamy : 36

kinda alot of work to be done :lol: .. god i hate being evil, but its good :gr8:
0 Kudos

/16

Sheikah

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sheikah
Accepted Solution
Take it you are loving Oblivion then? Haven't seen you on Resistance for a while. To get your fame up? Yeah Knights Of The Nine will work, you could do the Arena at the Imperial City, close random Oblivion Gates or maybe join the Fighter's Guild (or Mage's or Theif's but Fighter's is better) and do their quests. Most sidequests work too, well more or less any quest as long as you aren't killing innocents ;) Btw what are your fame and infamy sitting at just now? Thief's guild quests lower your infamy a lot unfortunately. It's why my infamy is so high.
0 Kudos

/16

[drumstiqer]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[drumstiqer]
Accepted Solution
I completed the KotN story a while ago
So I kinda am a noble knight character

but once I woke up and the dude of the Dark Brotherhood came to me and gave me a quest, so I tried it but when I killed the dude the Gods turned mad at me and all my armour and weapons were taken from me. Because the gods won't let me do crimes...
So I thought 'this dark brotherhood isn''t working for me' so I killed the dude who invited me in the brotherhood...

but now I heard that when I put my divine armour off and then kill someone or commite a crime, the gods won't be mad...

but is it possible for me to get in the Dark brotherhood although I killed one of them a while ago?

Cause the brotherhood really sounds like a lot of fun :)
0 Kudos

/16

[LiamR]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[LiamR]
Accepted Solution
I completed the KotN story a while ago
So I kinda am a noble knight character

but once I woke up and the dude of the Dark Brotherhood came to me and gave me a quest, so I tried it but when I killed the dude the Gods turned mad at me and all my armour and weapons were taken from me. Because the gods won't let me do crimes...
So I thought 'this dark brotherhood isn''t working for me' so I killed the dude who invited me in the brotherhood...

but now I heard that when I put my divine armour off and then kill someone or commite a crime, the gods won't be mad...

but is it possible for me to get in the Dark brotherhood although I killed one of them a while ago?

Cause the brotherhood really sounds like a lot of fun :)

You killed the messenger? No DB for you..
0 Kudos

/16

greenport

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
greenport
Accepted Solution
does anyone know where there are any jewellery stores apart from the one in the imperial city. :o
very light and very valuable stuff, what would I want with that? ;)

also where can i get a good helmet?
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel