Games

The Last of Us

The Last of Us

19 Jun 2013
By: YungNW5 Member 64 Posts
Level 2

New game plus or survivor mode?

7 Replies 12186 Views Created 19-06-2013
After completing this game im itching to give it a second run through but stuck at the option of doing new game plus on normal difficulty or go for a new run through on survivor difficulty?
Any ideas?
What did you guys do?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (12,186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: New game plus or survivor mode?

New game + on a higher difficulty? Purely because you can get all upgrades and that. 

Assassin's Unite - Event NightAssassin's Creed IV Black FlagPS4Killzone ShadowfallFFXIV A Realm Reborn
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (12,175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

It only lets you do a new game plus on the difficulty you completed the game on i.e i completed it in normal so i can only do new game plus on normal difficulty
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (12,172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Don't you change it in settings though? I am not sure that works hopefully someone can confirm. 

Assassin's Unite - Event NightAssassin's Creed IV Black FlagPS4Killzone ShadowfallFFXIV A Realm Reborn
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (12,168 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

You can't. New game plus is restricted to the difficulty you completed it on or below. :smileysad:

I'm doing survivor mode now and I think its better than when I played through normal - hardly no ammo so you have to think

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (12,151 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Oh jeez. :/

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (12,127 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

VironZZ wrote:

You can't. New game plus is restricted to the difficulty you completed it on or below. :smileysad:

I'm doing survivor mode now and I think its better than when I played through normal - hardly no ammo so you have to think

I'm doing survivor at the moment and it is awesome, the tension is unbelievable when in a room full of clickers. I played on hard the first time and just moving up this one level seems like a massive jump in difficulty.

It's not so much the lack of ammo (I'm actually not too bad for that atm) it's more the lack of other supplies, hard to get enough to make the things you need when you need them. I just let Bill or whoever is with me at the time use their ammo and just punch those that do come my way.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (12,112 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

first run was on Hard.

im halfway through second run on Survivor.

then will probably go for Survivor + too...

Survivor is a lot harder... but im enjoying it. like the challenge,

my tips would be, Bricks and Bottles are your friends against clickers, dont even think about wasting a shiv on them..
If you are surrounded by runners, Run away, you can make quite a bit of space easily, and land a few punches on them without being mobbed immediately..
stick close to NPCs, they dont seem to kill the infected all the time, but letting them deal a bit of damage to the infected helps make it easier to bring them down. Bill and his shotgun helped alot during that chapter

if your spotted and there are a lot of enemies, jsut restart the ecounter... this game autosaves alot, so it can pay to just go through again and save supplies.. youre gonna need them!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (12,098 Views)
0 Kudos