Games

The Last of Us

The Last of Us

Level 4

Re: The Last Of Us in the making since 2006 ?

trailer is fantastic in so many ways

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 306 (983 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Anyone think the man in it looks like an older version of Nathan Drake ?
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 306 (973 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

[ Edited ]

Happy_Gilmore96 wrote:

If you go to their channel it will say the account was made on 12th July 2006

http://www.youtube.com/user/thelastofus

6 years of planning ? Should be good then :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah 2006 and the game started production in 2009 (I guess to coincide with the UC3 engine?) according to the original rumour but that had the wrong developer. If its a smaller team it will need longer to make but I'm guessing since UC3 was released most of that team will have joined in leaving a select few still working on what ever UC3 needs.

So if its been revealed, and its had 2+ years (about the going rate for a good AAA title) in production we should be playing it sometime next year. Maybe around the time Uncharted was released in November?

Plus Sony will of trademarked the name, and made the channel up so no one else could pinch it.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 306 (968 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I don't understand why people are getting so excited about this as there is no gameplay footage so it's just one of hundreds of trailers out there.But after saying that Naughty Dog making what looks like a Zombie game does make my mouth water.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 306 (956 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

[ Edited ]

IrishViper1 wrote:

I don't understand why people are getting so excited about this as there is no gameplay footage so it's just one of hundreds of trailers out there.But after saying that Naughty Dog making what looks like a Zombie game does make my mouth water.

Well it will be using the Uncharted 3 engine and what we saw in the trailer was an in game cutscene straight from the PS3, not prerendered :Thumbs: and you know how they fade into the gameplay and your left waiting for the cutscen to end because its that good :smileyhappy:

Who needs gameplay when its Naughty Dog?

And Fungi faced badies :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 306 (952 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

thank god we´re finally getting a post-apocalyptic zombie game. Man I´ve been waiting for someone to do something so inventive for a while

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 306 (833 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Supernatural / I am Legend makes for a great combination; I just hope it's not FPS.

Genre: Survival Horror

It's good to be a Fanboy; when there's a great product behind your reason for being one.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 306 (797 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

LarasAider wrote:

Supernatural / I am Legend makes for a great combination; I just hope it's not FPS.

Genre: Survival Horror

I would say it will be in 3rd person like in uncharted.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 306 (764 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

I hope so; I can't get to grips with FPS at all.

It's good to be a Fanboy; when there's a great product behind your reason for being one.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 306 (750 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Uncharted gameplay is old-school on steroids and I like it because it's good at what it does.

But, for this I hope for something a little different, more unique and creative in terms of interaction and the overall scope.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 306 (644 Views)
0 Kudos