08 Aug 2010
By: KILLER_KID Member 235 Posts
Level 2

Dynamic Theme Creator Software

17 Replies 4,591 Views Created 08-08-2010

Hi i was just wondering like everyone else, would sony release the Dynamic Theme Creator they use to make themes?

Regards,
KILLER_KID
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (4,591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: Dynamic Theme Creator Software

yea, that'd be nice.

Ever tried using animated gifs?

O|¯|_ orz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (4,563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

:Lol: yeah ive tried animated gifs but if i remember correctly, it didnt work :smileysad: I dont think they would release whatever they use for the dynamic themes as i think it might be a bit difficult for the average person to make them, it would have to involve a knowledge of PS3 scripting, etc. Having said that, it would be great if they did and i would definately give it a good go :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (4,560 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

id say simply if they released a dynamic theme creator they would loose alot of money, because no one will pay for them on the store
Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (4,534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

King_Nothing6 wrote:
id say simply if they released a dynamic theme creator they would loose alot of money, because no one will pay for them on the store

I don't pay for things like this anyway so some basic dynamic theme creator would be good to me.  Just something that could change static images would be good, make a giant gif type file .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No I don't have no xbox, wii or other console, so every game is a PS3 exclusive as far as I'm concerned.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (4,515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

According to Sony and various Developers creating Dynamic Themes is a lot more complex than the standard themes. I remember a article saying that it takes about 2 weeks to create a Dynamic Theme by the developers (eg heavy rain, etc).

Fix R18+ Ratings
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (4,254 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I like complex!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (4,044 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

They'll never release it publicly  - The community would create themes 10 times better than the ones they try sell us,  as with static themes.

Montage Mik - PS3-Theme.com
"The man in the Hood plunges Blade into spine ......Look over your shoulder ,Cause you're Next in line ! "
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (3,520 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Dynamic Themes

With normal themes your essentially just replacing images. Dynamic themes require 3D models, scripting, animations, and more.
You're essentially creating a in-game cutscene, because of this complexity there are too many things that can break.
In a normal theme it's very 1,0.
Replace image..... yes
find new image.... yes
done.

Once you start messing around with a 3D scene, there's more things to check for. I agree the community would be able to think of some awesome ideas, it's turning those ideas into a theme that gets complicated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (2,935 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Dynamic Themes

it's not so much about dynamic theme creators being available, it's about custom dynamic themes being allowed in the first place... The community usually takes care of the tools themselves eventually.

Yeah they would be more difficult and time consuming but there's people out there who would relish the chance to try their 3d skills on doing just this. For some it's practicing skills they're studying and intend on using when they move on to jobs. It's just another front where Sony has been more closed off than they should be.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (2,844 Views)
0 Kudos