04 Nov 2012
Playstation Staff

Cortez' Terribly Twisted Tuesdays - Every Tuesday at 7.30pm

[ Edited ]
22 Replies 1,264 Views edited 04-11-2012

logotwistedmetal.png

Hey guys!

Some of you may know me from my Red Dead Redemption Fun Nights, while others may know me from the Capcom Europe Forums, but starting next Tuesday I'll be running Twisted Metal Fun Nights every Tuesday at 7.30pm!

Before I go into the usual rules and regulations of treating each other with respect, I'd like to tell you how my Fun Night will work. So, allow me to explain:

The Fun Night itself will begin on Tuesday 13th November

This will give people time to free their busy work schedules up and also, everyone loves to be notified in advance, so consider this your notification!

How the point system works

Each player will gain points depending on where they place on the kill board (Leaderboard) each week.

Points will be allocated depending on how many players participate each week.

For example:

16 players

1st place - 16 points

2nd   - 15 points

3rd    - 14 points

4th    - 13 points

5th    - 12 points

6th    - 11 points

7th    - 10 points

8th    - 9 points

9th    - 8 points

10th  - 7 points

11th  - 6 points

12th  - 5 points

13th  - 4 points

14th  - 3 points

15th  - 2 points

16th  - 1 point

8 players

1st place - 8 points

2nd   - 7 points

3rd    - 6 points

4th    - 5 points

5th    - 4 points

6th    - 3 points

7th    - 2 points

8th    - 1 point

The Twist

• The person to place 1st each week will win the privilege of selecting which map they'd like to play the following Fun Night.

• The person to place last each week will select a vehicle of their choice. This vehicle will be off limits to all other players the following Fun Night, giving them the fighting chance they need to rack up those points on the Kill Board(the menu doesn't allow for you to do this, so I trust you guys to respect these unique rules :smileyhappy:)!

• The person to be killed the most each week will choose which weapons everyone uses on the following Fun Night.

twistedmetalcontrols.png

I know a lot of people have found it hard adjusting to the controls of Twisted Metal, but they're very simple so allow me to break them down for you!

squ.png Accelerate (Double Tap for Turbo)

circ.png Brake (Double Tap to Reverse)

x.png Tight Turn (Hold to Handbrake Turn)

tri.png Switch between Standard and Alternate Fire

l1.png/r1.png Switch Weapons

l1.png + r1.png Jump

Up - Freeze

Down - Rear Fire

Left - Mine

Right - Shield

tri.png + l1.png Headlights On/Off

tri.png + r1.png Open Doors (Juggernaut only)

R3 - Changes Target

Select - Changes Camera

Movement During Flight - The Left Stick is used for moving Forward, Back, strafing left and strafing right, while the Right Stick is used for moving Up, Down, looking left and looking right.

awards.png

Every 6 months your points will be tallied and the person with the most points will receive a little something. This may be in digital form or physical, but I'll be trying to arrange prizes for this (with the mods), so stay tight chap and chapettes! :smileywink:

Now, this is intended to be a fun experience for everyone, so don't be afraid to join in with the fun as people of all skill levels are welcome and free to participate in this weekly fun night. Plus, you never know, I may just have a little something for you via a PM, depending on how well you play, how fun you make the game for others and other little random things like that, not mentioned! :smileyvery-happy:

Now for the boring bit...

Rules

1. Treat everyone with respect and in a friendly manner.

2. NO CHEATING. I trust you and know you wouldn't, so that's ok.....RIGHT? :smileywink:

3. Swearing at each other is an absolute no-no, so please feel free to PM me if you are having trouble with someone and if it persists, that person may no longer be allowed to participate in future events....However, it shouldn't come to this, so just enjoy blowing each other up! :smileyhappy:

4. Add me (CaptainCortez) to PSN, so you can join my games without any problems.

Finally, before getting started, make sure your console is connected to the internet, and works fine online!

Not sure how to do this? Read on Clowns!

On the following two links you'll have simple explanations on how to set up a wired (or wireless) connection and which settings you should change, in order to get the best perfomance out of both your console, and internet connection:

1. http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/network/detail/linked224956/item97804/Connect-to-the-Internet/

2. http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/network/detail/linked224956/item85599/Choose-the-right-Interne...

Please Note: You may also need to change the settings on your router, and usually you'll need to allow your PS3's MAC Address before it will let you play online. Please check your router manual on how to do this.

If you have any further questions, or would like a more detailed explanation, then fire away in the specially dedicated "Technical Help" section, located on the forums, here:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/bd-p/147

See you all in two Tuesday's time!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (1,264 Views)

Playstation Staff

Re: Cortez' Terribly Twisted Tuesdays - Every Tuesday at 7.30pm

Jings Cort, you have put a lot of effort into this. Well it starts in a weeks time, on the same day Black Ops 2 comes out but hopefully we can get a good room going.
yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (1,212 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Haha, yea.

It took me a couple of hours yesterday, where I was jumping between photoshop, google and the forums, trying to find and make decent images for the post (including all of the little square, x, o, L1 button images) and it's unfortunate it's starting on the same day as Black Op's 2 releases, but hopefully 8 people at least will participate in this. :smileyvery-happy:

I'm planning on doing a God of War Ascension Fun Night when that releases too, as I'm a huge God of War fan and still have Sunday evenings free, so when that's up, I'll have submitted an article to every issue of the Community Magazine, should have a Dead Space 3 Q&A with Steve Papoutsis arranged after its release, will hopefully have enough interest to keep this going and be running a God of War Fun Night.

I've also got Black Op's 2 on pre-order but mainly for 8 player Zombies!

Hopefully see you next Tuesday, Yas? :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23 (1,196 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This is just a reminder that I'm running this tomorrow night, so don't forget to add me on PSN (CaptainCortez) and I'll hopefully see you all tomorrow! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23 (1,033 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Aw, sweet, I thought this had been forgotten about.

Count me in.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23 (998 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Haha, nah I've not forgotten about this. I was just hoping I'd see more replies in this thread, but feel free to tell as many people as you know about it and hopefully we can make up those numbers for a 16 player online battle! :smileywink:

See you tomorrow!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23 (976 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I'll join in.I imported it at launch,but because of the issues I gave up on the online side after two weeks.Also the lack of EU numbers meant high pings.

Not very good at it,because i've put s little time into it. 

I had hoped Sony would of put this up as a free plus game,think it would of helped the online more.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23 (960 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Well, I'll be creating a private game most likely, so hopefully we won't have that issue! :smileyhappy:

Remember to add me, else I can't invite you in.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23 (948 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Why not just put a password on the lobby and post it publicly in the OP?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23 (942 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

That's an option too, but I'll be playing about with things around 4pm tomorrow, so keep an eye on this thread, because if it turns out it's better to put a password on the lobby, I'll be posting full details here. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23 (932 Views)
0 Kudos