01 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff

Twisted Metal

27 Replies 475 Views Created 01-02-2012

My first impressions weren't good because the controls suck really bad. I couldn't finish my first game because the controls were unbelievable mess. It might be a good game but the controls are really bad so I can't play this game. How hard it would be to make this kind of key mapping R2 = gas, L2 = reverse, L1 = Turbo, R1 = Fire, [] = Weapon switch, X = Jump/(Hold to strafe, like in CTR), /\ = sec weapon switch, O = handbrake. I switched from  [] = gas to R2 = gas but the weapon firing switched also. WTEFF?

Please make more control options, these current ones suck really bad.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28 (475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: Twisted Metal

Im guessing you have never played twisted metal before? Dont forget its not just about the driving but the destruction, once you get used to the controls they are fine its just learning them. As for you i suggest the rac controls R2- Gas, L2- Reverse, L1- Tight Turn, R1- Brake then the various other buttons. Anyways keep practicing and it will be fine. Im getting more frustrated trying to find a game with these stupid match making issues
DeludedGaming the best gaming site around
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28 (461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

They aren't the average gamers best friends and I can see many others turning it straight off and not giving it a chance. I cant remember the original games being this 'fiddly' tho :Confused:

But give it half an hour and you start to get the feel for it. As for the full game, maybe it will have more customisation options? Maybe that's why the ''demo'' mysteriously became a ''beta'' so Jaffe can take on board more feed back?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (459 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ytevo79 wrote:
They aren't the average gamers best friends and I can see many others turning it straight off and not giving it a chance. I cant remember the original games being this 'fiddly' tho :Confused:

But give it half an hour and you start to get the feel for it. As for the full game, maybe it will have more customisation options? Maybe that's why the ''demo'' mysteriously became a ''beta'' so Jaffe can take on board more feed back?

The previous games were still pretty fiddly but as always new layouts that are different need to be learned. Socom II had the left anolouge to strafe left and right but look up and down & the right anolouge to move forwards and backwards and look left and right (think i got these the right way) I dont mind the controls :smileyvery-happy:

These were the controls for PS2 game Twisted Metal: Black so they are basically similar but still good thing once you get the hang of them

Triangle Buttonrear view
Circle Buttonbrake
X Buttontight turn
Square Buttongas
Square Button (twice)turbo
D-Pad Upforward
D-Pad Downreverse
D-Pad Left or Rightsteer
L1 Buttoncycle weapons left
R1 Buttoncycle weapons right
L2 Buttonfire weapon
R2 Buttonfire machine gun
Left Analog Sticksteer
Right Analog Stickgas, brake
R3 Buttonturbo
L3 Buttontight turn
Start Buttonpause
Select Buttonchange view or weapon display
DeludedGaming the best gaming site around
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28 (456 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

You guys managed to play the beta? Ive had matchmaking error every time Ive tried online n the challenge mode keeps crashing on the load screen lol luckily the tutorial works so I can at least get used to the controls n give it another try tomorrow. Its been a long time since I played Twisted Metal Black Online so Ive already got this pre-ordered. Hopefully the beta starts working so I can get used to TM again.....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (440 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

born2destroy wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:

The previous games were still pretty fiddly but as always new layouts that are different need to be learned. Socom II had the left anolouge to strafe left and right but look up and down & the right anolouge to move forwards and backwards and look left and right (think i got these the right way) I dont mind the controls :smileyvery-happy:

These were the controls for PS2 game Twisted Metal: Black so they are basically similar but still good thing once you get the hang of them

Triangle Buttonrear view
Circle Buttonbrake
X Buttontight turn
Square Buttongas
Square Button (twice)turbo
D-Pad Upforward
D-Pad Downreverse
D-Pad Left or Rightsteer
L1 Buttoncycle weapons left
R1 Buttoncycle weapons right
L2 Buttonfire weapon
R2 Buttonfire machine gun
Left Analog Sticksteer
Right Analog Stickgas, brake
R3 Buttonturbo
L3 Buttontight turn
Start Buttonpause
Select Buttonchange view or weapon display

Ahh I only remember the PS game and the controls would have been simplified for non analogue stick controllers? They just seem out of place in this gen and need some getting used to :smileyhappy:

MadchesterManc wrote:
You guys managed to play the beta? Ive had matchmaking error every time Ive tried online n the challenge mode keeps crashing on the load screen lol luckily the tutorial works so I can at least get used to the controls n give it another try tomorrow. Its been a long time since I played Twisted Metal Black Online so Ive already got this pre-ordered. Hopefully the beta starts working so I can get used to TM again.....

Challenge mode plays fine, but I cannot get online and get matchmaking errors. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28 (431 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You can also go into the options and change the control layout if you want, I changed to a the more usual racing style that's used these days, much better.

As for the game itself I managed to do the training etc but I couldn't get into an online game at all.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28 (419 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Got onto online at last today. It seems to work better now.

It's good fun.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (410 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Animavore wrote:

It's good fun.

Sweet, will try this again after work.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (400 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

The-Sea-Trout wrote:

Animavore wrote:

It's good fun.

Sweet, will try this again after work.

It still might take three or four tries but last night it wasn't coming on no matter how many tries I tried. I played three seperate games since that post and all only took 1-4 goes so it wasn't a one-off fluke earlier.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28 (397 Views)
0 Kudos