Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Invaders From Space (Deluxe Edition)

Definitely one of the best missions I've played in quite some time. I kept trying until I got the perfect score on Hard. I'm not entirely sure you meant for the tactic I used to be possible, so I put my strategy in the spoiler tag beneath.

Spoiler
I hanged from one of the pillars in front of Cole to avoid being hit by rockets, and shot at the invaders from there.

Zeke's Treasure Hunt and Strategic Battle with a New Enemy were great as well. Was it just me, or are enemies biased to attack Jose? He took way more damage than Wolfe did.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 82 (575 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Invaders From Space (Deluxe Edition)

There were all sorts of ways to cheat at Invaders from Space Deluxe, and I managed to eliminate most of them, but some of them had to stay because of technical issues.  The way you used is one of them, but it's all in the game I guess.  If someone's smart enough to think of a way to make it easier, good luck to them.

There's no bias in the Strategic Battle mission, just random choices.  The next time you play it could be biassed against Wolfe, it's just dumb luck.

Thanks for playing. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 82 (563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i n J U S T I C E

* inJUSTICE - LINK

"The militia have found an alternative way to defeat Cole. They hope to sue him for damages after being beaten down in battle, but is there more to this devious plan of theirs than just lawyers and justice?"

My first attempt at a full narrative mission.  As always, there were a few issues with the 100% temp bar towards the end, and I had to make a couple of presentation compromises to make space for the last few cutscenes, but that aside, I'm happy with it.  A little feedback on the stealth sections would be appreciated.  I'm not sure if I've made them too hard, and therefore frustrating.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 82 (561 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Jet Grind Challenge

* Jet Grind Challenge ... Mission Link

A Japanese skater called 'Beat' from Tokyo-to has heard about Cole's mad power line grinding skills and set up a special challenge. A homage to the Dreamcast game 'Jet Grind Radio'. (Credit to BlazeDraco for inspiring the idea for this mission.)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 82 (544 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Jet Grind Challenge

I got inJustice and Jet Grind queued, finally get to play some UGC again. :BigGrin:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 82 (539 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Jet Grind Challenge

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that .. I had a suggestion about this mission over on the Sucker Punch forums, which I'm going to implement, but I haven't yet.  Towards the end of the course there's a propane tank with a waypoint on it.  you have to shoot the tank to reveal the star.  I need to add a mission brief to explain this, as it's been causing confusion.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 82 (536 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: I n J U S T I C E

[ Edited ]

Hi Retro, I recently played your mission inJustice and I mistakenly forgot to leave a review on that particular mission, for those who don't wish to spoil this mission do not click this spoiler here. :Smile:

Spoiler

The mission was generously long for a whole mission and I enjoyed your character RetroSteve and how the story unfolded, totally original in it's own sense and very entertaining. When you make more missions I highly advice you include "RetroSteve" in your upcoming missions as I really liked him. Stealth wasn't too hard or too easy, it was adequate, having the cops patrol the area was better then not moving at all so they can cover more ground, I'm guessing you were trying to conserve how many cops you placed in the area so it can fit the space of the mission maybe perhaps a few on the cathedral roofs could have made it more difficult. But anyway you did a great job on it, keep up the good work!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 82 (526 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: I n J U S T I C E

Sweet.  Thanks for the comments.  I'm glad you liked the character in the mission.  I used my own name as a bit of a parody really, kind of taking the mickey out of myself.  It did cross my mind to use the character again in another mission, which is why I used the bucket drummer character - it's the only citizen that keeps the same appearance every time the mission plays through.

The next mission I'm going to work on is another narrative, and one of the characters is a conduit that nobody takes seriously, so the guy in the shack might get another outing if I can weave him into the story.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 82 (515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The Pac Man of New Marais

The Pac Man of New Marais ... Mission Link

"An enhanced follow up to the 'Puck Man' UGC mission; a tribute to the classic retro game Pac-Man. Complete with pac-dots, power pills & ghosts. Look out for a secret collectable bonus too!"

This is the reboot of Puck Man I've been wanting to do for a while.  This is a complete rebuild, which takes advantage of new UGC tools that have been released since Puck man was made, and a few extra skills I have under my belt since then.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 82 (512 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: The Pac Man of New Marais

[ Edited ]

Queued and, great I look forward to that narrative mission. :Party:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 82 (509 Views)