By Solid_Altair

Solid_Altair

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

RPG Missions List (not rocket launchers)

11 Replies 399 Views Created 30-09-2011

First, a very good series, by Seth9977. You can progress on powers and also gather followers. There is an enemy body count to get you new powers and very well set up objectives and a boss battle. The mission titles are: inFAMOUS RPG Part 1: The Uprising and inFAMOUS RPG Part 2: Taking Whats Ours. For some weird reason I couldn't post the links here.

By Jcroman4000 is a mission of just straight combat focused on progression, power by power. The title is Infamous RPG Challenge

Here is a good turned based combat testing which I hope will lead to some cool missions. I couldn't find the link, but you can search for inFAMOUS RPG (combat demo)

These are the only ones I found. I hope people make more. I am making a turned based RPG combat beta myself. I hope I'll be able to pull it off and even connect it with a story and stuff.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

bnfdhfdhfd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bnfdhfdhfd
Accepted Solution

I played a turn-based RPG mission when the game first came out, but I don't remember what it was called. It was somewhere in front of the cabaret. I think it was called JRPG something-something-something.

0 Kudos

Re: RPG Missions List (not rocket launchers)

/16

Solid_Altair

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Altair
Accepted Solution
I think the turn based RPG I've mentioned had something like JRPG in its description, but not in his tittle. It was also not in front of the cabaret, if I remember correctly. So, I'll look for this mission you mentiend. If I find it, I'll add to the list. Thank you.
0 Kudos

/16

Solid_Altair

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Altair
Accepted Solution
I could find the JRPG stuff when I looked for it recently,
0 Kudos

/16

Solid_Altair

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Altair
Accepted Solution
My turn-based RPG is finally ready.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=f3f58f6f-fb36-48...

inFAMOUS TactiCole (RPG-1)

Cole looses his powers when arriving at New Marais. Zeke and Kuo step up for him and you must lead them in a Turn Based RPG. Test you Tactics in inFAMOUS TactiCole.

Extensive use of the cutscene tool, btw.
0 Kudos

/16

RetroSteveUK

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RetroSteveUK
Accepted Solution

Sounds interesting.  Queued.

0 Kudos

/16

GameForce

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GameForce
Accepted Solution

Solid_Altair wrote:
My turn-based RPG is finally ready.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=f3f58f6f-fb36-48...

inFAMOUS TactiCole (RPG-1)

Cole looses his powers when arriving at New Marais. Zeke and Kuo step up for him and you must lead them in a Turn Based RPG. Test you Tactics in inFAMOUS TactiCole.

Extensive use of the cutscene tool, btw.

Hmm, I'll have to check this out; if not to see how a turn-based mission would work, then definitely to see how cutscenes look.

0 Kudos

/16

Epouhe

58%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Epouhe
Accepted Solution

Queued your Tacti-Cole mission. I'm excited to see how it works.

0 Kudos

/16

Solid_Altair

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Altair
Accepted Solution
My crazy RPG mission received some very informative reviews about an specific bug. I took a look into it and was surprised to see that the mission-braking was caused by the very last thingy I added (thinking it would be a harmless addition). Well, it's fixed now.

Thank you very much for the feedback! And I hope you're gonna try the mission, again. Now that it's fixed.

If you haven't tried it yet, here it is: http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=f3f58f6f-fb36-48...

Also, feel particularly invited to Remix this mission, since it contains a hardly earned base for a Turn-Based RPG in inFAMOUS 2. If you wanna do it, tell me and I'll add some Creator Comments to help to compensate for the partial disorganization of the code. It's a sea of logic boxes. I tried to make it organised, but the many changes the code required ended up makin things a little messy.
0 Kudos

/16

GameForce

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GameForce
Accepted Solution

Anybody who doen't know that RPG probably does't stand for rocket propelled grenade in this context probably has no business in this thread anyway. -_-

0 Kudos

/16

GameForce

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GameForce
Accepted Solution

I gave it a 5 out of 5. It wasn't the funnest thing I've ever played (turned based missions are very hit and miss with me), but it's damn well the most original mission I've seen in a long while.

0 Kudos

/16

Solid_Altair

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Altair
Accepted Solution

I'm very grateful for the informative, constructive and motivating feedback about Tacticole 1. I'm already working on Tacticole 2, though I can't say it will be out very soon.

I've finally bought and played Festival of Blood. It's awesome. After Tacticole 2, I intend to make an RPG mission on Festival of Blood, based on Vampire: The Masquerade (though it won't be turn-based).

Besides, does anyone know any mission on Festival of Blood that is based on Vampire: The Masquerade?

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel