27 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff

The Eyes Of Vermaak Episodes

13 Replies 674 Views Created 27-02-2012

Hi there, for the past few weeks, I've been working on an original idea for this mission, I've already published a few missions, so I decided to dedicate this thread to the series. This is for those who enjoy narrative missions! :Thumbs:

About this mission: The time line takes place during the inFAMOUS 2 main storyline after the death of Bertrand. It mainly focuses on Vermaak 88's aka Icemen's plot, I was dissatisfied with their ending, and so which is one of the reasons why I created this series, to cover both the Vermaak 88's and the Militia's story, along with the introduction to new characters. A couple months ago I made a Boss fight battle mission entirely just focused on UGC-made itself, I ran my share of test on it and figured out the Boss Fight is possible, so it will be included in this series as well. The goal is to make it as complex and exciting as possible, making every text/cutscene make sense logically and using all the UGC tools and room I could possibly use at my disposal. Finally I plan to make the series somewhat long only because there is plenty to cover and to fully set the mood for the player.

Published:

The Eyes Of Vermaak Ep. 1, The Unwanted Attention: In this mission, there will be an introduction, setting the background of the mission. It starts late at night in Gas Works. During the intro, you will see Cole narrating his thoughts to the player and he will be doing this at some turning points in the series, after the intro you will immediately initiate a strange event and you will be involved in a great mystery with Zeke and Kuo, and you will have to investigate. The mission is located in Gas Works between the Industrial Gases and the Steel Industry Building on top the roof where the Helicopter Pad is located.

The Eyes Of Vermaak Ep. 2, Big Things In Small Package: In this mission, there will be more specific objectives and not as much fighting as the last one, more narrative really, along with a few twist in the story. The idea is to explain to the player what the plot is all about and why these things are happening. The mission is located on Zeke's Roof in Gas Works.

The Eyes Of Vermaak Ep. 3, Lockdown Part 1: In this mission, there will be a lot of fighting and a sufficient amount of narration, it is also a very special mission that GREATLY manipulates the Cutscene Tool, and as a result I was able to pull off a Car Joy Ride, though a few minor glitches with moving vehicles, it is very fun a lot of combat here for a reason. This mission is also located on Zeke's Roof in Gas Works.

Mission Status: Right now I'm working on The Eyes Of Vermaak Ep. 3, Lockdown Part 2, it will begin from the last part almost immediately after the last mission. Reason why it's named almost the same thing as the last one, is simply because it's not necessary to change it.

That's about all I could sum up so far in the series, hopefully I can get Mission Status deleted soon so that it will actually be finished and I'm doing my best to make it authentic as possible, when I finish the mission I will upload it ASAP!

Please Enjoy, GaNk1n1t. :Smile:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (674 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: The Eyes Of Vermaak Episodes

I have the first queued & I'll give it a try.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (633 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I was wondering if the follow-up missions are actually loading, it's because of most missions I played with follow-ups can't be downloaded or there is an error. So I wanted to know if my missions here are actually following-up in the correct order and are loading properly. Also some npcs in cutscene may look weird because they are different citizens which make it really awkward, try to mind that. :Shame: Thank you.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (606 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I played the first and at the end the link to the second worked fine, I just didn't follow it, (I was limited for time.)  I'm about to queue up the second now and I'll make a point of following through to the next one at the end, to check that's working.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (577 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks for checking, I'm glad it works. :Smile:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (570 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, I just finished another mission, a follow up from The Eyes Of Vermaak Ep. 3, Lockdown Part 1.

Try out The Eyes Of Vermaak Ep.3, Lockdown Part 2: In this mission, there is much more narration then Part 1 and a bigger turning point in the series, it's fairly adquate combat unlike Part 1 and it's narration is much more deeper than most other episodes. Basically after this mission it opens a new chapter for Cole as he getts more anxious to solve the mystery. This mission is located at the entrance/exit of the Gas Works Bridge, next to the Industrial Gases. Enjoy :Thumbs:

Mission Status: I'm now working on The Eyes Of Vermaak Ep. 4 (Full name hasn't been finalized), it's coming along very well, I'm getting great feedback from people who have played on this series. I will continue to work on it with great enthusiasm and joy! :BigGrin: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (545 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I played the second installment today.  It succesfully linked to the third, so I can confirm the mission links are working.  I now have part 3 queued up for next time I'm on.  I love the extreme closeups of the face of the boss bad guy.  Very mysterious & intriguing.  Makes me want to play further just to see the big reveal at the end.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (540 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thank you, a lot of things happen that i plan to implement :Smile:. I'm glad you liked it! I'm very pleased the follow-ups work.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (538 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I played Ep3 Pt2.  I put some detail in the review.  After I opened the gate and returned to help the rebels, I defeated the militia and nothing else happened.  There may be an issue with the logic.  I travelled back over the bridge by grinding the wires, then I jumped up onto the building on the bridge.  I defeated all the militia from there.  That's when the mission just stopped.  Any idea what might have happened?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (519 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

RetroSteveUK wrote:

I played Ep3 Pt2.  I put some detail in the review.  After I opened the gate and returned to help the rebels, I defeated the militia and nothing else happened.  There may be an issue with the logic.  I travelled back over the bridge by grinding the wires, then I jumped up onto the building on the bridge.  I defeated all the militia from there.  That's when the mission just stopped.  Any idea what might have happened?

Hello, I'm sorry that Ep. 3 Pt. 2 isn't working properly :xCry:. I back tracked and looked at every Monitor and Group, seen if any group was mixed in with other objects, unfortunately I couldn't find anything wrong with it in particular (but I haven't given up). What I did to hopefully undo the problem was replace the Monitors with new ones and made sure every group is aligned with the Monitor, I also made a few adjustments to hostility and map markers so that certain Logic boxes trigger no matter what, I then tested it multiple times along with the checkpoints and they worked properly whether you died during the mission or not, then I re-uploaded. (I hope it works)

I'm going to break down what's suppose to happen now in the mission:

In the beginning of the mission, you're suppose to head to the bridge guarded by the group "Militia 1", as you approach the gate you will enter a volume (whether grinding the cables, or running) triggering an objective and the Militia 1's hostility, you will then need to incapacitate or defeat all the Militia 1 on the bridge gate, afterwards the gate switch will be "Activated" allowing Cole to interact with it, if you attempt to interact with the gate switch without incapacitating or defeating all the Militia 1 then you will not be able to interact with the gate switch, because I "Deactivated" the switch at the beginning of the mission, after you open the gate on the bridge you will then trigger cutscenes, then you will have to head back to the Rebels and help them. When you enter the battlefield you will see "Militia 2"  group attacking the Rebels, but among the Militia 2 group is a single group named "Militia 3", that particular Militia triggers two vehicle trucks using physics that enter the battlefield carrying one Militia each truck along with an objective, after Militia 3 triggers those Logics, he dies preventing the trigger from repeating itself. When all Militia 2 is incapacitated or defeated it should trigger a cutscene and that is where the mission stopped for you I assume? The only possibilities I can come up with that prevented you from progressing the mission was either, I may have overlooked the Logic boxes and I need to correct it, the vehicles that carry the rest of Militia 2 may have stopped moving and you couldn't find the rest of Militia 2 (maybe), or the mission itself maybe glitched at the time.

I hope this helps and I think it may be fixed, because I did test it multiple times and it successfully triggered properly. I apologize once again for this, because I absolutely HATE it when missions don't work properly, it ruins the mission experience and kills the fun. But anyways thanks again for trying this mission out and letting me know about this problem, if you haven't completed the mission yet and if you have time, try it again, I'm confident it will work for you :Thumbs:. I will continue to watch Ep. 3, Pt. 2 closely and hopefully I really did fix it. :Shame: (Didn't realize I made this post pretty long I apologize for that as well)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (506 Views)
0 Kudos