Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: The Unofficial Suggestions Thread

Thought I'd bring this back to life before it's lost in the forum.

After gaining some experience with the UGC, I have a few ideas.

Bigger platforms:

The current blocks have nice grabbable edges. I'd like to see a few bigger ones. Turning walls on their sides doesn't let you hang off the edges.

Alignment tools:

Using the free rotation is not the best I've seen. 3D modeling programs have this down cold. Without an object snap or confined rotation tool, aligning objects is a pain. Autodesk has a good setup in AutoCAD and Maya. Ok. I know it's not fair to compare the UGC to Maya, but you get the idea.

Fire and Fog:

A volume similar to the traffic volume with settings to create fire or fog. It's in the game. Why can't we have it in the UGC? I understand that these kinds of effects can be used to choke the system, so maybe make them really heavy on the therm.

There are many things on my wish list, but I think these would be the most useful to the most people.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 71 of 92 (199 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

A logic box that modifies the properties of another box would be real nice.

Good revival bee tea dub.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 92 (191 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Don't know if this has already been said, but I think the mission reviews could be better.

First off, it would be nice if new missions wouldn't display a rating until about 5 or so ratings have been given. Means people won't be too biased or wary trying out a new level if the first person doesn't like it.

Second, it'd be good if we could have a comments section, so people could leave remarks on how things could be improved, or bugs fixed etc.

I support the motion to make enemy paths automatically trigger jumping when two points on a path are on different levels/roofs etc.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 92 (183 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

It'd be nice if we could use:

* Numerical functions for minigames.

* Variables saving for counters/timers.

* Re-triggerable switches/checkpoints.

* Transition screens.

* Direct angular velocity.

* A set of predefined voice acting.

* Double or triple capacity.

* Nix / Ice Kuo / Devourers / Ice Titans.

* Camera modifiers / close ups.

It would be UGC HEAVEN :Stupid:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 92 (173 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

How about a Triangle, Circle, X, or L1 option alongside the Square Remix and R1 Play options that let you view more missions by this author?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 92 (158 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

A small one: A way to warp straight into a mission after adding it to your queue so you don't have to physically travel to the start location. Let's say if the mission starts in the swamp Nix showed you, you can place a waypoint over it and a message will ask you whether or not you want to start the mission right away. You can then chose whether or not to warp there and automatically start the mission or to venture there yourself.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 92 (153 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

What about making the ugc feature more user-friendly.

For example, if you press square on a setting in a logic box like "who/what", a detailed explanation will appear like "NPC's and destructable

objects in this group will recieve this much damge" and "NPCs and explosive objects in this group will inflict this much damage"

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 92 (140 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Also, if you put the cursor or whatever it's called on an object. It will display its attributes like breakable, activatable, collectable, detonatable, and if it could be set on free velocity or whatever its called. With this and my post above, you wont have to test stuff frequently.:Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 92 (138 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

jc56jc wrote:

Also, if you put the cursor or whatever it's called on an object. It will display its attributes like breakable, activatable, collectable, detonatable, and if it could be set on free velocity or whatever its called. With this and my post above, you wont have to test stuff frequently.:Thumbs:

Or make all objects able to detonate and move freely.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 79 of 92 (124 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

In my opinion, it will be a great idea for extra content to have civilian skins. A random generation of a skin would make it easier and less complicated than scrolling through the civilians. GTA did it, and I liked it.

Also the ability to see the rating and descriptions of UGC missions on the minimap. I don't like traveling a long way to find a bad or unappealing mission.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 92 (121 Views)
0 Kudos