84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The Unofficial Suggestions Thread

91 Replies 669 Views Created 13-06-2011

As it goes, the UGC is still in development and, even though it such a great feature, still missing things that are either essential, awesome or damn right great ideas. So instead of having a large list of topics with different problems (or things missing from UGC), add your suggestions for new features and additions in this thread, here's a list to start off with.

- The ability to link missions together.

- Monitor distance of object / cole from object

- Report / Flag mission

- Mission Names must be changed, so no missions will be called "New Mission", or "Ring Race", or "Kill Em' All", etc.

- The ability to use Coles camera

- Allow enemies to jump (Ice Soldiers / Monsters) across rooftops. 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Battleman36

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Battleman36
Accepted Solution

A rechargable red LED battery. Just like infamous 1, if you guys remember. When Zeke asks Cole to recharge the batteries so he could watch TV. Or when He tries to break out of empire city and he had to recharge the battery to open the gate. you could then add another logic into the monitor that says, When Group _ is recharged, add group _ to the world.

0 Kudos

chRe: The Unofficial Suggestions Thread

/16

zonte94

52%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zonte94
Accepted Solution

1. A  modifier that can make enemies invulnerable to certain abilities of Cole. Ex: Make Group 1 invulnerable to all Blasts.

2. More music, specifically the one with the initial Beast fight.

3. As wreck_em said, the ability to force people to wear a certain skin during a ugc mission. this, however, will require the skins to take up memory and/or make them free as dlc.

4. Changing volume triggers to no auto reset when you first install them.

0 Kudos

Re: The Unofficial Suggestions Thread

/16

zAnxiety

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zAnxiety
Accepted Solution

A suggestion from me is the ability to use a logic modifier to change the caption of a Timer/Counter.

0 Kudos

/16

raprappar

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
raprappar
Accepted Solution

The limit should change in a way that it only monitors the current objects loaded to the world and if at some point an object is removed, the limit should reflect this too. This way we can have more room and this will also give us the ability to optimize our missions by removing unecessary objects in a checkpoint.

Old bosses from infamous 1, I really miss alden and kessler.

0 Kudos

/16

Mylo_Cordana

99%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mylo_Cordana
Accepted Solution

It's nessessary that the loadable catagories be re-sorted.  I could load over a dozen objects in one catagory, but if I want a few enemies or story characters in my mission, they take up an entire catagory each and severely limit what else I may add.  Place all story characters (such as Zeke, Kuo, John, etc.) in one catagory.  Sort all enemies to another, or confine them based on faction (all Militia in one catagory, all Corrupted in another).

Ice Soldiers, Corrupted, and all NPCs capable of jumping great distances should do so when ordered via Script Command to travel to a point on a rooftop.  If an Ice Soldier is order to travel to a roof top, he will worthlessly run into the side of the building.  Make him jump up there when ordered to ravel to the point.  Better yet, allow us to order jump-prone NPCs to jump so they may travel to any point without a problem.

Give me the ability to place two points and string an electric cable on which Induction Grind may be preformed between them.  Give me the ability to place vertical electric cables on the sides and buildings and adjust there length.  This is nessessary for travel missions.

/16

Battleman36

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Battleman36
Accepted Solution

Mylo_Cordana wrote:

It's nessessary that the loadable catagories be re-sorted.  I could load over a dozen objects in one catagory, but if I want a few enemies or story characters in my mission, they take up an entire catagory each and severely limit what else I may add.  Place all story characters (such as Zeke, Kuo, John, etc.) in one catagory.  Sort all enemies to another, or confine them based on faction (all Militia in one catagory, all Corrupted in another).

Ice Soldiers, Corrupted, and all NPCs capable of jumping great distances should do so when ordered via Script Command to travel to a point on a rooftop.  If an Ice Soldier is order to travel to a roof top, he will worthlessly run into the side of the building.  Make him jump up there when ordered to ravel to the point.  Better yet, allow us to order jump-prone NPCs to jump so they may travel to any point without a problem.

Give me the ability to place two points and string an electric cable on which Induction Grind may be preformed between them.  Give me the ability to place vertical electric cables on the sides and buildings and adjust there length.  This is nessessary for travel missions.

I agree with everything you just said!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

thaPredator

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thaPredator
Accepted Solution

Things I would like to see that may already have been mentioned:

*Floors - The ability to creat floor structures, nothing currently in the UGC works. The closest I got was stringing together multiple swamp shacks and using the roofs as a floor, but no bad guys could walk across them

*The ability to scale objects - Especially if you give us flooring. I would hate to have to put together 50 cubes to make a large floor

*The ability to mirror objects - Shouldn't be too hard

*The ability to control what objects Cole can and can't lift and blow away with his powers.

0 Kudos

/16

e-flat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
e-flat
Accepted Solution

Thought I'd bring this back to life before it's lost in the forum.

After gaining some experience with the UGC, I have a few ideas.

Bigger platforms:

The current blocks have nice grabbable edges. I'd like to see a few bigger ones. Turning walls on their sides doesn't let you hang off the edges.

Alignment tools:

Using the free rotation is not the best I've seen. 3D modeling programs have this down cold. Without an object snap or confined rotation tool, aligning objects is a pain. Autodesk has a good setup in AutoCAD and Maya. Ok. I know it's not fair to compare the UGC to Maya, but you get the idea.

Fire and Fog:

A volume similar to the traffic volume with settings to create fire or fog. It's in the game. Why can't we have it in the UGC? I understand that these kinds of effects can be used to choke the system, so maybe make them really heavy on the therm.

There are many things on my wish list, but I think these would be the most useful to the most people.

0 Kudos

/16

zAnxiety

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zAnxiety
Accepted Solution

A logic box that modifies the properties of another box would be real nice.

Good revival bee tea dub.

0 Kudos

/16

LeonBelmontX

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LeonBelmontX
Accepted Solution

Don't know if this has already been said, but I think the mission reviews could be better.

First off, it would be nice if new missions wouldn't display a rating until about 5 or so ratings have been given. Means people won't be too biased or wary trying out a new level if the first person doesn't like it.

Second, it'd be good if we could have a comments section, so people could leave remarks on how things could be improved, or bugs fixed etc.

I support the motion to make enemy paths automatically trigger jumping when two points on a path are on different levels/roofs etc.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Proeliator7-1

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Proeliator7-1
Accepted Solution

It'd be nice if we could use:

* Numerical functions for minigames.

* Variables saving for counters/timers.

* Re-triggerable switches/checkpoints.

* Transition screens.

* Direct angular velocity.

* A set of predefined voice acting.

* Double or triple capacity.

* Nix / Ice Kuo / Devourers / Ice Titans.

* Camera modifiers / close ups.

It would be UGC HEAVEN :Stupid:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

zAnxiety

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zAnxiety
Accepted Solution

How about a Triangle, Circle, X, or L1 option alongside the Square Remix and R1 Play options that let you view more missions by this author?

0 Kudos

/16

jedicam10

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jedicam10
Accepted Solution

A small one: A way to warp straight into a mission after adding it to your queue so you don't have to physically travel to the start location. Let's say if the mission starts in the swamp Nix showed you, you can place a waypoint over it and a message will ask you whether or not you want to start the mission right away. You can then chose whether or not to warp there and automatically start the mission or to venture there yourself.

0 Kudos

/16

jc56jc

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jc56jc
Accepted Solution

What about making the ugc feature more user-friendly.

For example, if you press square on a setting in a logic box like "who/what", a detailed explanation will appear like "NPC's and destructable

objects in this group will recieve this much damge" and "NPCs and explosive objects in this group will inflict this much damage"

0 Kudos

/16

jc56jc

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jc56jc
Accepted Solution

Also, if you put the cursor or whatever it's called on an object. It will display its attributes like breakable, activatable, collectable, detonatable, and if it could be set on free velocity or whatever its called. With this and my post above, you wont have to test stuff frequently.:Thumbs:

0 Kudos

/16

jedicam10

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jedicam10
Accepted Solution

jc56jc wrote:

Also, if you put the cursor or whatever it's called on an object. It will display its attributes like breakable, activatable, collectable, detonatable, and if it could be set on free velocity or whatever its called. With this and my post above, you wont have to test stuff frequently.:Thumbs:

Or make all objects able to detonate and move freely.

0 Kudos

/16

moadhmodah

78%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moadhmodah
Accepted Solution

In my opinion, it will be a great idea for extra content to have civilian skins. A random generation of a skin would make it easier and less complicated than scrolling through the civilians. GTA did it, and I liked it.

Also the ability to see the rating and descriptions of UGC missions on the minimap. I don't like traveling a long way to find a bad or unappealing mission.

0 Kudos

/16

jedicam10

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jedicam10
Accepted Solution

And be able to actually CHOOSE a civilian skin. I don't like having a random skin for a character using a male or female civilian, only to have them change every single time!

0 Kudos

/16

e-flat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
e-flat
Accepted Solution

Other things I would like to see:

The abiltity to delete your published missions from the server.

An undo option.

The ability to "Select Chain" in the editor. Then you could copy, move or delete the entire chain of logic at once.

/16

Proeliator7-1

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Proeliator7-1
Accepted Solution

I totally agree with you e-flat.

0 Kudos

/16

bnfdhfdhfd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bnfdhfdhfd
Accepted Solution

Bumping this thread up for the guy who keeps making new threads for every suggestion he comes up with.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel