By Fuzzypotato

Fuzzypotato

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

445 Replies 27,450 Views Created 09-06-2011

Hello everyone.

I don’t know if SP was going to open up a thread about this in the near future but I am gonna go ahead and do it until they make one. So, like the title says, this is a check out my level thread.

So people can know about your level, post w/the following info:

1. Mission name
  2. Mission tags
  3. Mission location – describe it the best you can
  4. Basic summary of the mission, not necessarily the objective you gave it when creating the mission, but just what we would be seeing
  5. (If you want to) Problems you think could be fixed but don’t know how to or problems you had that you are unhappy with in general

I’ll start it out

1. Retake the RFI!
  2. Search and Rescue, Kill ‘em all
  3. On the street in-between the back of the citadel and the compound from the compound assault mission
  4. You’ll be making your way to the docks behind the compound looking for an RFI pickup, blasting a good amount of baddies as you go
  5. I had problems with the briefing commands; I wanted them to go off on a timer so they only appear once rather than going off from a volume box. You could step over them more than once (for some you would have to go really out of your way, but I got blasted into a few) and it would make the dialogue out of place

Feel free to contribute whenever you like and give feedback to others who post!

Thanks all! :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

dotSilver

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dotSilver
Accepted Solution
Mission Name: Stolen Powers
The militia have stolen your powers and stored them in electrical orbs. Collect the orbs to regain your powers. But be careful, it won't be easy. The militia really don't want you to regain your powers!
http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=2bfa84fb-652d-48...

Mission Name: Monsters Hive
A monster has been found in the city, follow it back to it's hive and kill all the monsters. 5 Waves of increasing difficulty.
http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=4477b467-9071-4e...
0 Kudos

Re: The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

/16

Fuzzypotato

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fuzzypotato
Accepted Solution

Okay, got it. turns out i was being logged out every time i went back to the main page for the ugc missions without noticing it. I just added almost every mission here to my queue and I will get to playing them in a short bit. Keep em coming! :)

0 Kudos

/16

Legendaryhero45

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Legendaryhero45
Accepted Solution

The Rescue: Part 1

Tags: Narrative, Battle

Location: On Zeke's rooftop in the first island, which is located in front of the Yes We Can Can Caberet building

Well folks, this is my first mission. I spent about 3 or 4 days creating this, so I hope you guys like it  :smileyhappy:

Part 1 of a 3 part story I'm making. Dr. Wolfe and Kuo have been captured by the MIlitia, and it's up to Cole and Zeke to save them!

In Part 1, you'll save Kuo from the MIlitia in one of the Gas Works warehouses.

I'll be working on Part 2 and 3 soon. Any feedback, suggestions, or ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos

/16

kebap4l1fe

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kebap4l1fe
Accepted Solution

1- The Hangover

2- Narrative, Platforming (Maybe puzzle)

3- The mission takes place in the swamp. Your aim is to help Cole get back to the city after he has had a crazy night partying in clubs in New Marais. You will face a lot of obstacles in the level. There a couple of enemies you might encounter.

4- I might still do some changes to the level as i am not sure for some parts.  It's my first level so you may experience some difficulties and i apologize for that.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

/16

Berserk011

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Berserk011
Accepted Solution

This is going in order from my first mission (Which is quite noobish) To my most recent missions (Which are signifigantly better)

1st mission created which is a battle, kill em' all, located at the far right of the map on the first island on top of the medic building near the old rotting down house and has all of the ice cannisters and ice factory

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=b66ad0bb-69d3-44...

2nd mission created which is a battle, kill em' all, and is located on the map directly under the big castle place on the far rigth of the map of the first island, it is the house with the dock and surrounded by different masses of land in the swamps.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=9d6c746e-f984-4c...

3rd & 4th missions i created which is a line of missions that are creating a backstory and a new villain, it is a narrative (battles are going to be in the 3rd and 4th part of the series Infamous: Codename Hydra)  http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=9d6c746e-f984-4c...

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=114c7ea1-dec3-45...

The last 2 missions are located in the same spot of the place where you do your first good/evil karma moment at the white house looking place near the bottom of the map.

0 Kudos

/16

Keiya25

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Keiya25
Accepted Solution

Hiya,

Three levels that follow a little side story, in order they are:

Questionable Sources

Cold Rooftops

and Ice. Creamed.

0 Kudos

/16

Ahnquoc-Le

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ahnquoc-Le
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

/16

Ahnquoc-Le

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ahnquoc-Le
Accepted Solution
***** again nothing ^
made 20+ mission way too long to post them all. so try them out when you have the time. http://www.infamousthegame.com./en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/author.html?userId=Ahnquoc-Le%3Eaccoun...
0 Kudos

/16

Fuzzypotato

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fuzzypotato
Accepted Solution

Hello again all!

I've played through about half the missions i added to my queue and i have to say, none of them have sucked :D

They've all been good, from what i did, my favorites being electric gear solid and old school platformer, whatever the name was. good job you two :D

I'll be adding some more from the new posts after i finish posting this.

Also, i made a new mission, in my opinion very cool, it puts my other one in the blender. Its pretty much more of a narrative than a mission, but there are 3 people that i have as conduits. Cole meets up with them and they demonstrate for him their powers. From what i was able to do it looks very much like real powers, as far as you can make in UGC. The ending is pretty sick too. Man i sound like i put these things on a pedastel. :/ But anyways, check it out. Here's the link

http://infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=729e87e6-b1d0-460f-a...

New Conduits: Part 1              Narrative, Destroy               Right next to the clock tower, near the road that goes west from it

Check it out if you can (you too Tim )

Well thats it for now, make sure to check out the posts from everyone if you can, and like always, keep em coming!

Thanks all :D:D

PS I love you

0 Kudos

/16

JohnWolfgang

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JohnWolfgang
Accepted Solution

The Rise of Cuthbert

Part one of at least three, it serves as a retelling of how Cole and Kuo met.  It also introduces a new villain, Cuthbert.  A very quick one, but it just serves as an intro to the story.  Hope you like it! 

0 Kudos

/16

chr11224

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chr11224
Accepted Solution
Thank you Fuzzypotato! I just started making another platforming one.
0 Kudos

/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ambulance-Chaser
Accepted Solution

So, I made my first mission a few days back . It was pretty much just to get myself familiarised with the editor, so it's a bit unambitious. I like to polish my missions, however, so you can be assured it plays smoothly and without fault. Feedback definitely encouraged ^_^

1. Thinning Out the Herd

2. Kill 'Em All, Battle

3. The roof of the building next to the tall chimney tower, opposite the Can Can Cabaret.

4. Basically, Kuo gives you info on a couple of camps the Militia have set up. It's your job to clear them out.

5. I don't know of any problems the mission has in this final state. Last I played it, it worked just fine.

After doing this mission, I completed my Hero playthrough of the game and I'm now back on the editor. I can have my second mission up in a few hours. I'll link it here when I do. It's more adventurous and interesting than my first, and again has all the polish of a proper mission (seriously, took me a multitude of hours to get it to a standard I'm happy with).

0 Kudos

/16

RetroSteveUK

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RetroSteveUK
Accepted Solution

Another one I made for the UGC beta, now rebuilt for the full game.

Invaders From Space

"A homage to the alien blasting retro game."

Obviously based on Space Invaders .. the strategy is similar - shoot the invaders at the edge to buy time / shoot the bottom row to save your butt.  If they land, Boom! Game over!  the alien mothership is present and accounted for and there's a score counter - 10 points for each invader and a bonus for the mothership.  You're also having missiles fired at you at the same time.  Artillery bolt is best for this mission, but there's a note in the mission to explain this.

This is as close as I could get to emulating the real thing within the inFamous 2 UGC.

0 Kudos

Invaders From Space

/16

Fuzzypotato

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fuzzypotato
Accepted Solution

Back again, with another mission, New Conduits: Part 2   which is obv a sequel to the first. I'm sad that hasn't gotten barely any plays, i like it alot :(

Here's a link to my profilio in case anyone wants to check them out.

http://infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/search.html?searchType=m_published

I'm still compiling my queue from here, but i need a break for now, those things take hours :p

Thanks everyone!

PS Tickle me

0 Kudos

/16

Cole_MacGrath

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cole_MacGrath
Accepted Solution
Finally got some time to play some missions, so I've been slowly working my way through this thread. I got a few pieces of feedback, too. ;)

Fuzzypotato, your New Conduits missions are really cool. I like the set pieces you built, and how you use UGC trickery to demonstrate the new Conduit powers. I really enjoyed them! If you make any more, I'll definitely be looking out for them.

Your arena mission is very difficult, though--especially since you disable ALL of Cole's powers, including his ability to restore his health (via either electric drain or Bio Leech).

Ambulance-Chaser, your Welcome to the Stage mission was pretty good--I think you balanced fighting and narrative well, which isn't always easy. I liked Zeke's jokes. :)

Thanks for the awesome missions, guys! And keep on sharing, we're playing through them whenever we get the time.

-Tim M
-Sucker Punch Productions UGC Support
0 Kudos

/16

meech268

30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
meech268
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

Keiya25

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Keiya25
Accepted Solution

Try Assault on Ice Bayou a take on the opening mission with Ice Soldiers having taken over the Bayou. My first take attempt at some platforming elements, as well as my first successful ambush sequence that works correctly... by far my longest mission, but has working checkpoints (at least as far as I've tested, if anyone sees any problems let me know) be careful when using Ionics, It's been known to attract more attention than you may want, depending on your playstyle. Let me know what you think!

0 Kudos

/16

kebap4l1fe

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kebap4l1fe
Accepted Solution

1- Cage Fight

2- Kill 'Em All, Destroy

3- The mission takes place in a cage. There are a total of 8 waves of enemies and your aim is to survive all the waves. Waves get harder as you progress in the mission.

4- There is a bug in the  game that when you try to climb the fences you can sometimes find yourself out of the cage. If you somehow end up outside the cage, you can still enter it as i left some fences open. 

Thanks, any feedback is appreciated.

0 Kudos

/16

bnfdhfdhfd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bnfdhfdhfd
Accepted Solution

Anyone check out the Sucker Punch Picks lately? It has some beta missions on it now. Weird...

0 Kudos

/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ambulance-Chaser
Accepted Solution

Woop, finally finished my second mission. Surprises me how long doing this stuff can take.

Name: Please Welcome to the Stage...

Tags: Narrative, Search and Rescue

Basis: It boils down to the first half pretty much setting up the story with dialogue and very minor tasks, and the second half fighting.

Notes: In its final state, I didn't experience any hiccups. If anyone plays it and comes across something, post here. I'm generaly pretty happy with it. I had to improvise my plan along the way a bit. At first, before I knew the solution somebody mentioned here, I wanted NPC ice soldiers to jump on a path and I couldn't do it so I changed the story.

0 Kudos

/16

azumasensei

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
azumasensei
Accepted Solution

Rebel Execution 2.0

Link: http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=6d1f1e59-a935-49...

This is a more polished version of my first mission.

Changes Include:

- Improved dialogue.

- Balanced difficulty.

- Bug fixed with a mission fail condition.

- Clearer stated mission objectives.

- Creator Comments added for those desiring to look at work flow.

- Bug fixed with waypoint vanishing after death and starting at checkpoint.

- Firing squad now visibly shoots the hostages if the "Execution Timer" expires.

- Bertrand runs away after the battle starts.

Please check it out and give me some feedback. Thanks :D

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel