By Fuzzypotato

Fuzzypotato

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

445 Replies 27,452 Views Created 09-06-2011

Hello everyone.

I don’t know if SP was going to open up a thread about this in the near future but I am gonna go ahead and do it until they make one. So, like the title says, this is a check out my level thread.

So people can know about your level, post w/the following info:

1. Mission name
  2. Mission tags
  3. Mission location – describe it the best you can
  4. Basic summary of the mission, not necessarily the objective you gave it when creating the mission, but just what we would be seeing
  5. (If you want to) Problems you think could be fixed but don’t know how to or problems you had that you are unhappy with in general

I’ll start it out

1. Retake the RFI!
  2. Search and Rescue, Kill ‘em all
  3. On the street in-between the back of the citadel and the compound from the compound assault mission
  4. You’ll be making your way to the docks behind the compound looking for an RFI pickup, blasting a good amount of baddies as you go
  5. I had problems with the briefing commands; I wanted them to go off on a timer so they only appear once rather than going off from a volume box. You could step over them more than once (for some you would have to go really out of your way, but I got blasted into a few) and it would make the dialogue out of place

Feel free to contribute whenever you like and give feedback to others who post!

Thanks all! :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

zAnxiety

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zAnxiety
Accepted Solution

Played a few missions last night and this morning. Jotted down some feedback, so in no particular order:

Users with Missions Reviewed in this post:

Yarnboy - 1

Jeric-S - 4!

DaFunnyMan69 - 1

Battleman36 - 1

DalekThay282 - 1

bnfdhfdhfd - 2

zonte94 - 2

Climbing the Flying Neon

Yarnboy

This is a really nice and relaxing. I love the colors.
The tube before the taxis, I kept trying to go on top of it. xD The section of getting to the taxis was a little challenging.
I gave it 4 stars.

Whac-A-Mole
DalekThay282

Melee only based and felt way too easy to fall into the holes trying to melee some of them. Cool concept, if it wasn't just so annoying to play.

EGS
bnfdhfdhfd(seriously, where'd you get this name?)

I ****** the bomb? Lol, weird censors ftl. ***** Though, took out all the guards got to the bomb and Zeke is still halfway here when... [CALL] was a nice touch. Gave it 4 Stars. Anything 3 or higher I always recommend BTW.

EGS2

Can I get a Waypoint on Zeke FTH? For The Heal ^x^
Random censors strike again, before we go ****** fatdude. I was half expecting a Liquid Zeke tbh Did I accidentally kill zeke fighting the swamp monsters and fail? Incap'd Fatdude and... failed? IT told me to defeat him D: I think I gave this one a 5. It felt like a worth sequel to the first. Going all over town, it was great.

Psudeo Conduits

zonte94

OK, the disappearing transformer where you get the alpha bolt is... a flaw. Also, I'm not a big fan of restricting powers to say "Strictly Alpha Bolt" I mean SP gave us options to pick what type of Bolt we can use and swap, so to me, taking that away just feels wrong.

If done right, it can be pulled off. You work with it, don't overwhelm the player to the point where it's a handicap. Make it sort of a challenge too. But you also don't explain why. Why specifically alpha bolt?

4 Stars though.

The Tombstone Maze

Jeric-S

Ok, maybe something to avoid the beginning dialogue replaying on a fail?
Maybe have Cole take 0 Damage from the bomb at the start?
I saw some Militia sneaking out of a cage early on.
But I loved this mission. Nice concept and felt you did it really well. I hope to see more of these from you. 5 Stars, and the whole nine yards. (Favorite'd & Recommended)

Stealing Truths

Jeric-S

This has to be like the 3rd mission from you I've played and given 5 stars, added to favorites, and recommended in a row. Good mission. Isn't a instant fail when you get spotted, but gets heavy. It's also kind of a scavenger hunt since it's never 100% clear what level the briefcase is on. Very enjoyable.

Have you ever played my stealth mission, "Foaly's Mistake"? I couldn't help but draw some comparisons. Not that it's a bad thing. If you haven't played it, try it. You'll see what I mean.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=810a6770-dc31-42...

Whack a Militia

zonte94

Well, I'll be honest. This could use some fine tuning. With the spawn, how fast they stay, and random selection. Civs were never in any real danger from me or anything. Most of the time I'd get Civs and stand up there doing nothing. for a good 20 seconds before a enemy spawned.

Bridge Gauntlet

Jeric-S

Wow. Difficult, nice challenge.
Some suggestions: Rewarding dodge for getting past the first Shotgunner on the pickup truck. I didn't really use it till after that part. If you're curious I threw 4 stars at a wall to see what stuck.

Retelling i1 Part 1

Battleman36

I ran to Zeke at the bridge and had to go back to the base of it to "Trigger" the cut scene. Needs more... Ionic Storms on the bridge... actual fainting... and where was Trish? I'd rate 3.5, but I rounded up. Was a possible 4-5 but the ending was kind of a let down.

2 Birds 1 Cole

DaFunnyMan69

lolwut @ waypoints on militia, just pin them please. I'm literally seeing stars on my minimap. xD I give it a... 3.5. Outside of the waypoint thing it's a pretty simple and fun kill 'em all with two factions. Nothing makes makes it really stick out though. Some witty writing or possibly doing something more with the Crusher to make this shine in more ways than just wholesale slaughter.

But there is a few different enemy types in the mob to make it a little interesting. Maybe start it off basic and then the reinforcements bring more of the same as well as some new toys to play with. It's fun for a quick thrill though.

Ultra Ice Brothers

Jeric-S

Lol, breaking the 4th wall eh? I liked this. Nice, short, sweet, and not insanely easy for such a small simple fight. Very playable too. I lol'd at one Ice Shotgun who kept Zeke stun locked (for stun locked see "on the ground and in a fetal position). 4.5 Stars, Favorite, and Recommended.

My only complaint would be the length. At the same time, it's such a little thing, probably even intended. But at the same time I'm extremely curious what you would do with more.

And since we can't give 4.5 stars, I'll round it up. *claps*

That's it for the moment. I still have some UGC in my Queue, and I don't doubt I have more to add to my Queue, Just needed to get this out to make future posts of this type more readable. 

0 Kudos

Re: The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

[ Edited ]
/16

Battleman36

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Battleman36
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the feedback again!

0 Kudos

/16

RetroSteveUK

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RetroSteveUK
Accepted Solution

Super MacGrath Bros

"A homage to the platforming Italian plumber."

Yes, it's a Super Mario Bros tribute mission.  You can play and complete the mission at your leisure, or play it with an optional time limit.  The mission name above is the link to the mission page for queueing.

0 Kudos

Super MacGrath Bros

/16

hakumen_wins

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hakumen_wins
Accepted Solution

Hakumen here,

http://infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/author.html?userId=hakumen_wins%3Eaccount:7...

There are my levels

It seems that there are either people not finding my levels are my levels are too different or difficult for people to play. I try to make levels that use the game in ways it wasnt intended and find that more amusing, but end of the day it seems most just like easy kill them all missions...

Fly on the wall? That mission is basically a mini game where you step on the platform, it flys from 1 island to the next and you use the innersia to hit the target by jumping before it pulls you back to the first island. Pretty straight forward and should take you maybe 14 sec to do. Kind of fun and it shows you how the physics work a bit. If you need a mission that's different, fun and takes little time to do to get to 25 missions for you r trophy, this is one of them.

Ride It Is a platformer with moving plats you use to get to the end. It's on the 1st island at the waters edge and it takes maybe  a couple minutes max to do. It's straight forward and fun, not too challenging and uses parts of the game that werent usable to Cole.

Wrong side of the dock... This mission is on the second island near were you target the beast. This mission is a survival one. It's fun, frustraiting and a test if your any good at the game. Difficulty is high. I've beaten it multiple times before uploading so no one can complain it's not possible. Think of it as Ninja Gaiden tough. It can be beaten with and without having Ionic powers at he start. You can find 2 of them easy if you survive 20 sec in, you auto gain 1 or more and you dont have to use them to live. I've beaten it without using them to survive as well. I'm just stating, it's a very possible mission to beat.

Jump Up Man You basically use moving platforms and floating cars to jump up to get to the goal. fun platformer that can be beaten if you have decent coordination.

Amazing! This is a Maze minigame! If you like old school mazes, this is for you! Go in the maze and find the end. Takes maybe a few minutes to beat. Takes a tiny bit of memmory and luck to beat. It's a fun diversion.

Tartarus This level is just a  basic climb mission that takes little over a minute to complete. Just for getting 25 missions trophy and not really anything else.

Cole Train! Fun mini game and recently updated with level dangers. The spinners!(Oh so not cleverly named), these bad boys can knock you off the rails or help you skip a huge part of the stage to knock off time of completetion.

Zeeke's Playhouse Ever play in the tube mazes as a child? Well this is basically it! Look for Kuo and win!

harbor bay killer? First attempt at building an expansion in the game and finding out building a ground that isnt there is more trouble than its worth due to bad alignment tools and no paint on function. But it works for what it's worth, the level. Kill stuff.

Kill 'Em All Everyone's fav! Kill!!!

I'm trying to make more unique missions, but it seems no one plays most to not finding them or too different or something. Might just have to wait for more people to beat the game and give UGC  misssions a chance though. I didnt play them until I beat the game.

0 Kudos

/16
41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fatal_Perfection
Accepted Solution

hey guys, try these out

1. The Battle of Normandy / D-Day

2. Battle, Homage

3. Southern part of flood down on the harbor between the bridge and the ship yard

4. To keep it simple, It's a recreation of D-Day, InFAMOUS 2 style. :)

5.My only concern is that the word Nazi's is censored in the mission description. Does anyone have an alternative word that I can use. The Axis just doesn't sound right.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=29a1a89f-fdb7-4c...

This was my first UGC, it's very simple

1. The Giant Drop

2. Platforming, Parkour (though it's not really parkour)

3. By the cathedral (right side) near the street

4. You climb these sets of steps that reach the max height allowed for objects. Then you jump off, use thunder drop, and try to land on the x which will result in many militia casualties with an explosive touch.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=3a94f0a3-751a-41...

Sorry that i'm writing such a long message but here's my latest and most silly mission

1. Voyage to the New World

2. Homage, other

3. In the swamp just behind the plantation that doesn't have those ice chamber thingies.

4. You don't do much in this level. You just stay on the ship for 75 seconds and it's mission complete. but I created a very cool looking pirate that sails beyond the swamp border that you can't create objects in.

5. this is easily my most flawed mission. It gets pretty buggy when the ship is moving and cole is jumping around on it (like you get thrown in weird directions). the dancing women get tossed around on the ships deck, but it's funny to watch. plus you will die and be forced back to the beginning of the level if you don't press x or square when the mission ends and shows that you've completed the misssion. I open to any and all suggestions that may help me improve the quality of this level.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=9a10d03e-4b9f-48...

If you like my levels be free to play my other levels that i've created by going to my author page. and again i'm very sorry that I wrote so much. Thank you

0 Kudos

/16

ReeNoiP_

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ReeNoiP_
Accepted Solution

Would love some feedback on my missions.

I can make it!

You use the lightening tether to jump from platfom to platform without falling into the water. Platforms disappear when you are close so you have to play spider man and aim in the air.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=f366d8d6-769e-4d...

Ice soldier invasion

The ice soldiers and the militia are fighting on the south island. Stop the fight and find the source of the invasion.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=0d62e375-27f2-42... 

Ice soldier invasion part 2

The ice soldiers are making ready for another attack. Gather intel and find the reason for these invasions.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=c62007b6-5458-4b...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

kebap4l1fe

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kebap4l1fe
Accepted Solution

1- The Party

2- Narrative, Gang War

3- This is a kind of 'Choose Your Karma' mission. There are two different endings. You can either help the Militia by ruining the Rebels' party and killing all of them, or not help the Militia and just enjoy yourself at the party. (Note: There is a twist ending in one of the options)

Enjoy and have fun ! Feedback is appreciated.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

zonte94

52%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zonte94
Accepted Solution

Queue Link:

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/com​munity/ugc/mission.html?missionId=2556c400-f776-4...

Note: In this part, you find another substation, discover a little more about Pseudo Conduits, and you also get a surprise from Zeke. Play the mission to find out!

PS: The censored word in the description is "after".

0 Kudos

/16

fuzzyclutter

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fuzzyclutter
Accepted Solution
my third and final mission(atleast until i get a good start on evil playthrough ) is called Bomb Sniffer . find the individual who planted the bomb then find the bomb and defuse it it located in a ruined building on the northern portions of flood city . it uses parent groups extensively and i also learned the value of keeping logic boxes organized .
0 Kudos

this is the end of the post . you can stop reading now ... seriously ... STOP !!! I SAID STOP READING !!!!! GO !!!! GET !!!! oh nevermind ....
/16

Battleman36

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Battleman36
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

KeKe123

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KeKe123
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

khknight

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
khknight
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

Fries00

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fries00
Accepted Solution

This is my very first missions I made. I hope to get some tips and tricks from the pro mission makers.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=57537806-29b4-49...

0 Kudos

/16

e-flat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
e-flat
Accepted Solution

Fries00 wrote:

This is my very first missions I made. I hope to get some tips and tricks from the pro mission makers.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=57537806-29b4-49...

Fries00,

I played your mission "Melancholy Zeke" yesterday, It was fun, but you should do something about the respawn. The respawn starts the beginning dialog over and walks Cole back to the beginning. Other than that it was fun to play.

0 Kudos

/16

Viggorrah

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Viggorrah
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

KeKe123

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KeKe123
Accepted Solution

Is my mission really so bad that people can't try it out. I tried to make something different instead of just smashing enemies. Please check it out and give me feedback. 

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=b027e415-c2bd-49...

0 Kudos

/16

Viggorrah

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Viggorrah
Accepted Solution

My second mission is finally finished. It's Battle/Search and Rescue.

Everybody Gets One

And yes, the title is a reference to a short segment from an episode of Family Guy.

Required powers/abilities: Ice Launch with Improved Static Thrusters or Firebird Strike

I recommend a lot of energy for this mission and at least Ionic Charge 2 if you want to avoid an outright fight at the end. The battles in general can be difficult if you're not careful and on your toes.

Sorry, post cut off. Damn HTML.

0 Kudos

/16

bg93-

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bg93-
Accepted Solution

1. Tracker

2. Tags: Kill 'em all / Chase

3. Its to the left of the cranes on the second island and to the right of the bridge on the right side of the map overlooking some water.

4. I try not to make my stuff too story based, so I don't have much to spoil. You heal a woman who puts a tracker on you, you fight a few members of the ice gang and decide you need to get out of flood town before you're overrun by the ice gang. You cross the bridge and are ambushed by 3 trucks carrying militia soldiers which (thanks to some physics tweaking) drive up to attack you in a badass way. You fight them off, get ambushed by a bunch of enemies with RPGs. You run and escape these bad boys only to encounter another group of militia. I don't want to give the rest away but I play the crap out of my missions to fine tune them. This is my second mission since the beta and it is the best one I have made so far (My last mission has 400 plays and a little over 4 stars). 

Here's the link to make it easy to play. 

http://infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=aaeb1cdd-1e36-47a5-9...

0 Kudos

/16

Epiic-xJoKeR

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Epiic-xJoKeR
Accepted Solution

Link: http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=498fc1fc-b718-49...

Name: Shoot the Rings!

Tags: Minigame, destroy

Improve your Kinectic Pulse skills, by shooting on rings.

Please try it! It's a pretty simple idea and i hope you like it:)

0 Kudos

/16

e-flat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
e-flat
Accepted Solution

Hmmm,

Site maintenance? It's been like that for a few days. I can't add anything to my queue right now, but when the site is back up I'll give it a go.

0 Kudos

/16

e-flat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
e-flat
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel