By Fuzzypotato

Fuzzypotato

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

445 Replies 27,723 Views Created 09-06-2011

Hello everyone.

I don’t know if SP was going to open up a thread about this in the near future but I am gonna go ahead and do it until they make one. So, like the title says, this is a check out my level thread.

So people can know about your level, post w/the following info:

1. Mission name
  2. Mission tags
  3. Mission location – describe it the best you can
  4. Basic summary of the mission, not necessarily the objective you gave it when creating the mission, but just what we would be seeing
  5. (If you want to) Problems you think could be fixed but don’t know how to or problems you had that you are unhappy with in general

I’ll start it out

1. Retake the RFI!
  2. Search and Rescue, Kill ‘em all
  3. On the street in-between the back of the citadel and the compound from the compound assault mission
  4. You’ll be making your way to the docks behind the compound looking for an RFI pickup, blasting a good amount of baddies as you go
  5. I had problems with the briefing commands; I wanted them to go off on a timer so they only appear once rather than going off from a volume box. You could step over them more than once (for some you would have to go really out of your way, but I got blasted into a few) and it would make the dialogue out of place

Feel free to contribute whenever you like and give feedback to others who post!

Thanks all! :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

YardsYeezy

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
YardsYeezy
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Re: The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

/16

Keyeszx

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Keyeszx
Accepted Solution
1. Cole's First Story
2. Narrative, Homage
3. On the boat when you first arrive in New Marais
4. You'll be going on an adventure as Kessler when he was known as Cole and he went to New Marais to seek power to defeat the beast.
5. I keep finding stuff I could change, I think the fight with the militia is a little too much for upfront confrontation, I would soften them from the roofs then go in and have fun. Also placement of explosives was bad.

Please rate even if you abandon, I need ratings for the contest.
0 Kudos

/16

Keyeszx

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Keyeszx
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

YardsYeezy

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
YardsYeezy
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

SovMish

58%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SovMish
Accepted Solution

Hey guys,

Check out a mission I originally made for the contest, but couldn't enter it because of website issues. It's a mix of everything really, and has lots of variety and surprises thrown at the player, tied by a storyline fueled by Cole's curiosity.

It's called COLE'S BIRTHDAY SEARCH. Search for that in the UGC or find it by searching for my PSN, SovMish.

0 Kudos

/16

Domton6

56%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domton6
Accepted Solution

My mission is here. You have to kill a bunch of swamp monsters with the help of ice conduits and 2 titans. You have unlimited energy and less damage response.

0 Kudos

/16

Mylo_Cordana

99%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mylo_Cordana
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

jasyjeep

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jasyjeep
Accepted Solution

Mission name: The Remnants: Episode 1

Tags: Battle

Location: South of the southern most medical clinic on the map, in the shanty town, right before the docks.

Summary: Zeke has joined up with some of his "old friends" they call themselves the Remnants. Help them win back New Marais from the militia.

Created by: jasyjeep

0 Kudos

The Remnants: Episode 1 (by jasyjeep)

/16

CUTOFFOSPRAY550

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CUTOFFOSPRAY550
Accepted Solution

Title: AirBorne

Tags: Platforming , Parkour.

Location: On top of the smokestack next to the blue neon water tower behind the yes we can can building.

summary:  get to the finish (WARNING ONLY FOR PRO PARKOURES!!!)

0 Kudos

AirBorne by cutoffospray550

/16

Haphazy

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Haphazy
Accepted Solution

Okay guys, I worked really hard this past month for this, so here you go.

If you got what it takes, please give it a try.

The Fourty-Five Blitzkrieg (click to the mission page)

Tags: Narrative, Race

• You have 45 minutes to stop New Marais from being blown to kingdom come. Will you do it for the town or for you?
  • Four different endings, based on the choices you make during the mission. One is a secret. Can you find them all?
  • Suggested to have completed the main game and that you own both Ice Launch and Fire Bird Strike powers.
  • Stay calm or you're a dead man.

If you need more background, please see this TRAILER I made just moment before uploading the mission.

And finally, here are a couple of pictures I took from the editor.

bscap0000.jpgbscap0002.jpgbscap0003.jpg

0 Kudos

/16

GaNk1n1t

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GaNk1n1t
Accepted Solution
  • The Eyes Of Vermaak Part 1, The Unwanted Attention
  • Canon, Narratve
  • You can either search or it is located in the New Marais Plaza where the Movie theatre (references are), you start the mission there, but you end up in Gas Works due to cutscenes.
  •  A series, that has to do with the Ice Gang and Militia (respectively), Cole comes across a random event and investigates the cause with Zeke and Kuo.
  •  Songs may not play the right tune, and characters appearance is annoyingly random.

I haven't finished the rest of the parts, but I'm working on it and uploading it as soon as possible

0 Kudos

/16

GameForce

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GameForce
Accepted Solution

The 3rd mission in my series, The Chronicles of New Marais is coming along quite nicely, and will probably be out at the end of the week. Fans of Modest-Genius may like this mission (and Modest-Genius as well), because the story has emotion and depth to it. The reason the first two don't (they are mostly action-comedy) is because the story doesn't really start until the 3rd, even though it is the end of the first trilogy.

If you haven't had the chance to play the first two, try 'em out:

The Chronicles of New Marais 1: How To Teleport

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=529ce4b6-87db-41...

The Chronicles of New Marais 2: The Other Ray Sphere

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=1bfd368a-0e0f-46...

0 Kudos

/16

Solid_Altair

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Altair
Accepted Solution
My turn-based RPG is finally ready.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=f3f58f6f-fb36-48...

inFAMOUS TactiCole (RPG-1)

Cole looses his powers when arriving at New Marais. Zeke and Kuo step up for him and you must lead them in a Turn Based RPG. Test you Tactics in inFAMOUS TactiCole.

Extensive use of the cutscene tool, btw.
0 Kudos

/16

jedicam10

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jedicam10
Accepted Solution

(Counter) Counter-Surveillance: A spin-off of those pesky missions from the original Infamous game that had you hoping around buildings, zapping surveillance devices. Easily the most tedious side-missions in the game, I've put an Infamous 2 spin on it, with a little vengeance on the side. The mission also includes my first Karmic Choice, as well as a change in pace from the usual gameplay mechanics of my previous missions. 

0 Kudos

/16

RetroSteveUK

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RetroSteveUK
Accepted Solution

Counter Surveillance ... Loved it.  Nicely paced, interesting things to do & a bit of combat thrown into the mix, (although I got killed three times by the Militia before I got past that bit.)  Two little niggles to fix: there's a typo in one of the cutscene text boxes near the end, and one of the mission briefs stays on screen during one of the cut scenes.  I really enjoyed the mission.  It deserves to be featured.

Also .. Cutscenes are great - not overused, and imaginatively constructed. I liked how you used the fx objects too, (particularly the flames around John as he teleported away.)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Solid_Altair

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Altair
Accepted Solution
My crazy RPG mission received some very informative reviews about an specific bug. I took a look into it and was surprised to see that the mission-braking was caused by the very last thingy I added (thinking it would be a harmless addition). Well, it's fixed now.

Thank you very much for the feedback! And I hope you're gonna try the mission, again. Now that it's fixed.

If you haven't tried it yet, here it is: http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=f3f58f6f-fb36-48...

Cole looses his powers when arriving at New Marais. Zeke and Kuo step up for him and you must lead them in a Turn Based RPG. Test you Tactics in inFAMOUS TactiCole.

Also, feel particularly invited to Remix this mission, since it contains a hardly earned base for a Turn-Based RPG in inFAMOUS 2. If you wanna do it, tell me and I'll add some Creator Comments to help to compensate for the partial disorganization of the code. It's a sea of logic boxes. I tried to make it organised, but the many changes the code required ended up makin things a little messy.
0 Kudos

/16

GameForce

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GameForce
Accepted Solution

The third mission in my series: The Chronicles of New Marais 3: The Militia Conduit is finished.

The Chronicles of New Marais 3: The Militia Conduit is the boss fight, and the conclusion to the first trilogy of the Chronicles of New Marais series. As I have said elsewhere, it is where the story starts to pick up, and in my opinion, this particular episode has a Modest-Genius feel to it, as the story has a bit of depth to it. Anyways, here's the link:

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=637d976a-a4cd-4f...

P.S. I've decided to shorten the series title to an acronym from now on, so you'll have to search for "TCMN", though probably "The Militia Conduit" for now.

0 Kudos

/16

RetroSteveUK

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RetroSteveUK
Accepted Solution

All sounds good, but I can't queue any missions right now.

The mission pages are completely messed up for me and links don't work.  Check it out ...

messedup.jpg

I'll try again if it gets fixed.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

GameForce

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GameForce
Accepted Solution

To be honest, I've never queued missions since the first time I tried it. It is too much of a pain to actually go to the missions. They should be directly accessible from a list like when searching.

0 Kudos

/16

NavalMarco

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NavalMarco
Accepted Solution
Hello everyone, this my first post ever, so I'll do my best. I'm the author of the series The Heart of Darkness. I will start working on Episode V after the 26th only ( this is especially for tdelann, Big_Murph18, dantvsnero and TintoGirl89, who appear to be big fans of this series). I'm planning to make this a 10 part series and it usually takes me a week to complete each episode, so please be patient, as the storyline is very heavy plot-wise. And please if there is stuff you would like to see happen, let me know and I'll try to put it in there. I write screenplays and hopefully one day I can use some of this stuff in an actual film. And keep those reviews coming, bc the constructive criticism has been extremely helpful. Thanks so much!!!
Name: the Heart of Darkness - Episodes I, II, III, IV. So far...
Tags: narrative, canon
Game: Festival of Blood
Areas: cemetery, fort st. Phillipe, church, and the near the mansion and pier/docks southwest(I think)
0 Kudos

/16

NavalMarco

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NavalMarco
Accepted Solution

In case anyone was wondering where to find these missions, here are the links

Episode I: After meeting Zeke at the bar, Cole awakens and realizes he is a creature of the night once again. Then he meets Lilith, and his destiny is forever changed!

Link:  http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=9cfba721-b414-45...

Episode II: Cole rescues Zeke from a mysterious Vampire clan and continues to unfold the mysteries of his newfound destiny.

Link:  http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=948f0def-e861-43...

Episode III: After defeating Raphael, Cole and Lilith continue on their journey to fulfill the Prophecy involving the ominous Heart of Darkness.

Link:  http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=c658805f-2577-48...

Episode IV: Cole trains under the tutelage of Gabriel and Lilith, while their enemies prepare a new strike against the Ancients. After breaking all the Seals, Cole faces Seraphiel.

Link:  http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=105aefb8-73f7-42...

If you guys like, narrative, plot/storyline based missions that are EPIC, try them out and let me know what I can do to make them better! Thanks so much!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel