By Fuzzypotato

Fuzzypotato

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

445 Replies 27,200 Views Created 09-06-2011

Hello everyone.

I don’t know if SP was going to open up a thread about this in the near future but I am gonna go ahead and do it until they make one. So, like the title says, this is a check out my level thread.

So people can know about your level, post w/the following info:

1. Mission name
  2. Mission tags
  3. Mission location – describe it the best you can
  4. Basic summary of the mission, not necessarily the objective you gave it when creating the mission, but just what we would be seeing
  5. (If you want to) Problems you think could be fixed but don’t know how to or problems you had that you are unhappy with in general

I’ll start it out

1. Retake the RFI!
  2. Search and Rescue, Kill ‘em all
  3. On the street in-between the back of the citadel and the compound from the compound assault mission
  4. You’ll be making your way to the docks behind the compound looking for an RFI pickup, blasting a good amount of baddies as you go
  5. I had problems with the briefing commands; I wanted them to go off on a timer so they only appear once rather than going off from a volume box. You could step over them more than once (for some you would have to go really out of your way, but I got blasted into a few) and it would make the dialogue out of place

Feel free to contribute whenever you like and give feedback to others who post!

Thanks all! :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

GameForce

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GameForce
Accepted Solution

I just posted a new type of mission called "Switch!". It's a short battle mission where Cole fights all 3 gangs, but 1 group alternates between being his ally and enemy every 20 seconds.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=7d70ad7f-43af-4b...

0 Kudos

Re: The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

/16

jedicam10

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jedicam10
Accepted Solution

Medi-Cole - After a horrible tragedy, Cole is tasked with saving the lives of many, while uncover the truth behind the surprising incident. To do so, he must save the wounded and battle through flames. Contains an well-polished plot, interesting characters, and unique gameplay elements. Special thanks is given to RetroSteveUK and Gift for some of the ideas.

0 Kudos

/16

RetroSteveUK

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RetroSteveUK
Accepted Solution

Street Kombat

Defeat five deadly opponents in five rounds of mortal street kombat, (a homage to the 2D beat-em-up game genre.)

www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=3347b4d9-3636-4fbd-bcf3...

0 Kudos

Street Kombat

/16

talonrage99

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
talonrage99
Accepted Solution

This is my first published level and would like to see what everyone thinks.  It will end up as part one of a multi part series (what I wanted to do won't fit into one).  Check it out if you can and leave me some feed back.

Level:  Relentless

Tags:  Search and Rescue, Narrative

Location:  Ascension Parish across the street from the fort entrance by the bridge to the Gas Works area.

Summary:  Zeke discovers a group of Militia that appear to be acting on their own and calls in Cole to help him check it out.

Problems:  I test played this like crazy and forced every thing I put in there but I would like to know if anyone can find anything unintended.

I would love to have some feedback on this to help me create better missions in the future and improve this one.

0 Kudos

/16

Solid_Altair

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Altair
Accepted Solution

talonrage99 wrote:

This is my first published level and would like to see what everyone thinks.  It will end up as part one of a multi part series (what I wanted to do won't fit into one).  Check it out if you can and leave me some feed back.

Level:  Relentless

Tags:  Search and Rescue, Narrative

Location:  Ascension Parish across the street from the fort entrance by the bridge to the Gas Works area.

Summary:  Zeke discovers a group of Militia that appear to be acting on their own and calls in Cole to help him check it out.

Problems:  I test played this like crazy and forced every thing I put in there but I would like to know if anyone can find anything unintended.

I would love to have some feedback on this to help me create better missions in the future and improve this one.

Zeke's call for help "[Zeke] Help me, brother." keeps popping even after you save him. This isn't just annoying. It actually glitches the mission when a new dialog occurs at the Red Light District. So, I suggest you remove this Brief. It should fix the mission. You can also use a switch to disable it after you save Zeke (by getting that collectible).

Torcher244 wrote:

Check out my new series The Enterprise.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=41fbab46-bf40-4b...

"You are Derek Mason, an ordinary man about to embark on an extraordinary adventure."

It is my second attempt at a level and first at a series. Comments and criticism are well appreciated. Enjoy playing!

I liked the cutscenes, but at the start I kept failing the mission and getting the "Wrong Way" message. I saw no clue of which way was the correct one. So, I suggest you make the failing conditions less strict or that you guide the player towards the correct way in a clearer fashion.

0 Kudos

/16

Torcher244

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Torcher244
Accepted Solution

Check out my new series The Enterprise.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=41fbab46-bf40-4b...

"You are Derek Mason, an ordinary man about to embark on an extraordinary adventure."

It is my second attempt at a level and first at a series. Comments and criticism are well appreciated. Enjoy playing!

0 Kudos

/16

NavalMarco

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NavalMarco
Accepted Solution

Hi Everyone try my latest missions from Festival of Blood, they are turning out really well ( a few insignificant bugs, but I'll fix that on the Director's Cut)!!

The Heart of Darkness - Episode V

Sequel to Episode IV: The Fallen. Cole continues his pursuit of the remaining Fallen Keepers.

http://infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=b03e4da0-1177-4c81-9...

The Heart of Darkness - Episode VI

Azazel and Michael reveal more of the Prophecy to Cole and Lilith. Moloch and Chemos strike back!

http://infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=0b15b039-9d4b-4d5b-a...

The Heart of Darkness: Episode VII

Sequel to Episode VI: The Fallen Strike Back. Cole, Zeke and the Keepers get as close as they've ever been to defeating the Fallen. Will our heroes survive the battle against Thammuz and Beëlzebub? Merry Christmas everyone!!!

http://infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=1aaa9b80-55b9-46c9-9...

The Heart of Darkness: Episode VIII

Sequel to Episode VII: Subsistence. Cole is about to die, due to Beëlzebub's venom. He ends up in Purgatory, through the sacrifice of his beloved Lilith, who give Cole all her vampiric life energy, in order to give him a fighting chance....

http://infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=8236dd48-c552-4755-9...

The Heart of Darkness: Episode IX

Sequel to Episode VIII: Purgatory. ***** being trapped in Purgatory & destroying Baal, Lilith and Cole manage to return to the real worl together. Cole, however, is not too pleased for being kept in the dark, regarding his involvement in the whole affair.

http://infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=0c3af3c1-e495-4bde-8...

0 Kudos

Check out my levels Heart of Darkness Series (FoB)

/16

ELJACKO17

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ELJACKO17
Accepted Solution

Killing In The Name Of Part 1: The First Victim

Narrative, Kill 'em all

The Main Chathedal Gate Entrance

The start of a 7-part series, cutscene shots, killing milita.

No Problems.

Killing In The Name Of Part 2: Stray Bullet

Narrative, Gang War

Rooftop of a building next to the steel building in the Gas Works.

Continuing story, gang battle, sniper survival, mystery.

Trigger issues.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Alos88

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alos88
Accepted Solution

Hi, I only have one level worth checking out currently, it's called "These Tired Eyes" and it's a heavily narrative driven mission, the actual mission itself is both easy and short if you skip the dialogue.

0 Kudos

/16

tharock1234

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tharock1234
Accepted Solution

Check out my series called " The Last Reaper". It is located at the bridge that leads to Flood Town. Start with the mission labeled intro mission. I hope you like it. I spent months working on it and i am thinking of creating a sequel but i hope you guys give me a heads up on problems you find.

0 Kudos

/16

SimpleSlave

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SimpleSlave
Accepted Solution

BACK AT THEM  <---mission link

Jason Statham stars as Cole McGrath* in what is described as the most ELECTRIC performance of the year.

BACK AT THEM is a Cinematic Action Adventure tour de force! Earth has beed invaded by dastardly aliens who intend to terraform the planet and sell it off. The atmosphere has been poisoned and danger lurks at every corner. It's up to Cole McGrath* to save the planet...

Statham is joined by a stellar all-star cast of Academy Award nominees. Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, and Christian Bale share the co-starring role of the ever lovable, ever changing James Goodwink.

In what is described as the most incredible interactive environment ever,  BACK AT THEM showcases amazing graphics and special FX that would make Industrial Smoke and Mirrors blush.

ijn.com says "...as AWESOME as Evil Dead? Are you SERIOUSLY asking..."

gamedot.com says "The HORROR of this game...is like a SAW to the head."

Mission Link

https://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=b545fc68-4f7c-4...

*name change for legal purposes.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

YardsYeezy

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
YardsYeezy
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

staticsnake

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
staticsnake
Accepted Solution

I put a ton of attention to detail in my missions, and I also attempted to make them narratives that fit the inFAMOUS universe while still having certain good sections of battle or puzzle. Anyways, I am new to the UGC community and wanted to get more input into my missions as I did not want to have the same problems as other "lazy" missions. So, aside from the word blocker, my spelling is correct, my missions have somewhat of interesting stories, they have working checkpoints, and I play-tested them way too much. So hopefully you will enjoy them and there will not be any major bugs.

My Missions:

Name: Cole's Insanity

https://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=2fc9270c-1ffc-4...

"When Cole fell into a coma after the Empire City fight with The Beast, he dreamt endlessly about a terrible future. You must find a way out!"

Name: The Gift ... of Battle

https://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=6eda90a5-f603-4...

"Zeke has a surprise for Cole. Little do they both know how bad it may go."

Name: The Truth, Part 1

https://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=6f518793-5b46-4...

"Zeke found some intel, check it out." - This one leads to a second mission (The Truth, Part 2) that concludes the story 

0 Kudos

/16

cybershot96

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cybershot96
Accepted Solution

1. Here lies Cole McGrath

2. None.

3. The north entrance to the St. Charles cemetery.

4. All your swampy friends... Well most of them, as you use valves to flush out their boss.

5. The only weird thing is that my waypoint for the second valve will not delete. I've tried setting it to default, then 'No', it just won't go away. (For that logic, I have a recognizer activate after triggering the valve to set the waypoint for valve 2 to 'No' and then spawning the waypoint for valve 2.)

This is my first mission and I put all my effort into it, filling it up to 100%. :BigGrin: I put lights, a story, and even a bonus round! I hope you guys enjoy this labor. BTW, for some reason, your website won't let me join...

http://infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=757fe0fb-96a7-4c8c-a...

0 Kudos

/16

RetroSteveUK

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RetroSteveUK
Accepted Solution

Got all those queued, from the last few posts.  Will check them out when I reach them on my queue.

0 Kudos

/16

Kailexanra

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kailexanra
Accepted Solution

Hey there forum-goers. I made a mission a while back called "The Devils We Know." Made an awful second mission that I deleted (though it's still annoyingly sticking around on the server) and just today made a second, second mission which I hope is better this time around.

To recap Sasha has come back and Cole gets to cause some havoc. Trying to weave some interesting story into it as I go. 

Here it is if you want to go take a look. 

"Sasha has plans and wants Cole's help. Go see what she wants."

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

RetroSteveUK

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RetroSteveUK
Accepted Solution

To recap Sasha has come back and Cole gets to cause some havoc. Trying to weave some interesting story into it as I go. 

Here it is if you want to go take a look. 

"Sasha has plans and wants Cole's help. Go see what she wants."

Okay, got that queued.  Also, if you ever want a mission deleted from the server, there's a workaround that works if you still have the mission saved on your PS3 ... 

Load the mission from yor in-game list.  Make a new mission from that file, but leave the start point in the same place.  You can change everything, including the name, and as long as the start point is in the same place it'll replace the mission on the server when you upload it.  Remember though, if the mission is featured by Sucker Punch, you won't be able to re-upload it.  This shouldn't be a problem as there have been no new featured missions for about 10 months.

0 Kudos

/16

Kailexanra

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kailexanra
Accepted Solution

Thanks, will keep that in mind for future reference. I'm now up to planning part 12 and the missions all follow on to the next. I've updated part 1 with cutscenes and all missions from part 6 onward feature them. I hope they're interesting and enjoyable, I have way too much time on my hands right now and this is what I'm doing with it....

0 Kudos

/16

XxForswornxX

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XxForswornxX
Accepted Solution
Hey guys, I'm trying to make a series of story driven missions. This is the first one, if I start getting some plays, I'll make more. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/search.html?searchType=m_published
0 Kudos

/16

RetroSteveUK

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RetroSteveUK
Accepted Solution

You've posted a link that takes users to their own published missions, not yours.  The page you need to share is accessed by clicking your own user name on the mission lists.

For example, THIS LINK takes me to my published missions, but takes you to your publoished missions,

but THIS LINK takes everyone to your published missions.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

XxForswornxX

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XxForswornxX
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel