[EN] Archive

UGC Mission Design

UGC Mission Design

Level 3

Re: The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

(Counter) Counter-Surveillance: A spin-off of those pesky missions from the original Infamous game that had you hoping around buildings, zapping surveillance devices. Easily the most tedious side-missions in the game, I've put an Infamous 2 spin on it, with a little vengeance on the side. The mission also includes my first Karmic Choice, as well as a change in pace from the usual gameplay mechanics of my previous missions. 

Please use plain text.
Message 411 of 446 (241 Views)
0 Kudos

Hey there, mission goers.

Started making a string of missions around the idea that Sasha came back during InFamous 2 (assuming you're evil) - this is something I really wanted to happen but alas...

Name: The Devils We Know
Tags: Canon, Evil Karma

There are two missions so far, just wonder if they seem "alright" at the moment.
Please use plain text.
Message 412 of 446 (219 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Counter Surveillance ... Loved it.  Nicely paced, interesting things to do & a bit of combat thrown into the mix, (although I got killed three times by the Militia before I got past that bit.)  Two little niggles to fix: there's a typo in one of the cutscene text boxes near the end, and one of the mission briefs stays on screen during one of the cut scenes.  I really enjoyed the mission.  It deserves to be featured.

Also .. Cutscenes are great - not overused, and imaginatively constructed. I liked how you used the fx objects too, (particularly the flames around John as he teleported away.)

Please use plain text.
Message 413 of 446 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

My crazy RPG mission received some very informative reviews about an specific bug. I took a look into it and was surprised to see that the mission-braking was caused by the very last thingy I added (thinking it would be a harmless addition). Well, it's fixed now.

Thank you very much for the feedback! And I hope you're gonna try the mission, again. Now that it's fixed.

If you haven't tried it yet, here it is: http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=f3f58f6f-fb36-48...

Cole looses his powers when arriving at New Marais. Zeke and Kuo step up for him and you must lead them in a Turn Based RPG. Test you Tactics in inFAMOUS TactiCole.

Also, feel particularly invited to Remix this mission, since it contains a hardly earned base for a Turn-Based RPG in inFAMOUS 2. If you wanna do it, tell me and I'll add some Creator Comments to help to compensate for the partial disorganization of the code. It's a sea of logic boxes. I tried to make it organised, but the many changes the code required ended up makin things a little messy.
Please use plain text.
Message 414 of 446 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

The third mission in my series: The Chronicles of New Marais 3: The Militia Conduit is finished.

The Chronicles of New Marais 3: The Militia Conduit is the boss fight, and the conclusion to the first trilogy of the Chronicles of New Marais series. As I have said elsewhere, it is where the story starts to pick up, and in my opinion, this particular episode has a Modest-Genius feel to it, as the story has a bit of depth to it. Anyways, here's the link:

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=637d976a-a4cd-4f...

P.S. I've decided to shorten the series title to an acronym from now on, so you'll have to search for "TCMN", though probably "The Militia Conduit" for now.

Please use plain text.
Message 415 of 446 (191 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

All sounds good, but I can't queue any missions right now.

The mission pages are completely messed up for me and links don't work.  Check it out ...

messedup.jpg

I'll try again if it gets fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 416 of 446 (184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

To be honest, I've never queued missions since the first time I tried it. It is too much of a pain to actually go to the missions. They should be directly accessible from a list like when searching.

Please use plain text.
Message 417 of 446 (178 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hello everyone, this my first post ever, so I'll do my best. I'm the author of the series The Heart of Darkness. I will start working on Episode V after the 26th only ( this is especially for tdelann, Big_Murph18, dantvsnero and TintoGirl89, who appear to be big fans of this series). I'm planning to make this a 10 part series and it usually takes me a week to complete each episode, so please be patient, as the storyline is very heavy plot-wise. And please if there is stuff you would like to see happen, let me know and I'll try to put it in there. I write screenplays and hopefully one day I can use some of this stuff in an actual film. And keep those reviews coming, bc the constructive criticism has been extremely helpful. Thanks so much!!!
Name: the Heart of Darkness - Episodes I, II, III, IV. So far...
Tags: narrative, canon
Game: Festival of Blood
Areas: cemetery, fort st. Phillipe, church, and the near the mansion and pier/docks southwest(I think)
Please use plain text.
Message 418 of 446 (150 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I just posted a new type of mission called "Switch!". It's a short battle mission where Cole fights all 3 gangs, but 1 group alternates between being his ally and enemy every 20 seconds.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=7d70ad7f-43af-4b...

Please use plain text.
Message 419 of 446 (142 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Medi-Cole - After a horrible tragedy, Cole is tasked with saving the lives of many, while uncover the truth behind the surprising incident. To do so, he must save the wounded and battle through flames. Contains an well-polished plot, interesting characters, and unique gameplay elements. Special thanks is given to RetroSteveUK and Gift for some of the ideas.

Please use plain text.
Message 420 of 446 (142 Views)
0 Kudos