Problem Solved

View Original Post
09 Jun 2011
By Fuzzypotato

Fuzzypotato

69%
02 Rank
Progress

The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

445 Replies 29,238 Views Created 09-06-2011
09 Jun 2011
By Fuzzypotato

Hello everyone.

I don’t know if SP was going to open up a thread about this in the near future but I am gonna go ahead and do it until they make one. So, like the title says, this is a check out my level thread.

So people can know about your level, post w/the following info:

1. Mission name
  2. Mission tags
  3. Mission location – describe it the best you can
  4. Basic summary of the mission, not necessarily the objective you gave it when creating the mission, but just what we would be seeing
  5. (If you want to) Problems you think could be fixed but don’t know how to or problems you had that you are unhappy with in general

I’ll start it out

1. Retake the RFI!
  2. Search and Rescue, Kill ‘em all
  3. On the street in-between the back of the citadel and the compound from the compound assault mission
  4. You’ll be making your way to the docks behind the compound looking for an RFI pickup, blasting a good amount of baddies as you go
  5. I had problems with the briefing commands; I wanted them to go off on a timer so they only appear once rather than going off from a volume box. You could step over them more than once (for some you would have to go really out of your way, but I got blasted into a few) and it would make the dialogue out of place

Feel free to contribute whenever you like and give feedback to others who post!

Thanks all! :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gelzibar

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Gelzibar
Accepted Solution
Thanks for pointing that out Matt. I'll have to clean up my failure logic sections in future mission crafting. Having it plugged into the failure node will get rid of that pesky timing that I was having to plug in to provide time for the player to read the brief.
0 Kudos

Re: The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bnfdhfdhfd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
bnfdhfdhfd
Accepted Solution

Those who played the beta may remember this mission. It is called Rod of War. It is a series of minigames inspired by the challenges in the God of War games.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bnfdhfdhfd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
bnfdhfdhfd
Accepted Solution

One thing I forgot to mention: Despite my best efforts, there is still a chance that the swamp monsters could fall onto the roof of of a building and not die during the first trial. If this happens, you will have to jump down and try this section again. I tried setting up a volume to kill any monsters that fell off the platform, but sometimes they still survive. Apparently they can handle falls better than they could in the beta.  It only happened to me twice when I was testing the mission, but I coudn't find a way to prevent it from happening.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

thshdw

60%
02 Rank
Progress
thshdw
Accepted Solution

Would it break your mission design if you removed the monster from the world when it fell off the platform?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bnfdhfdhfd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
bnfdhfdhfd
Accepted Solution

I set up a volume to trigger and defeat all the monsters that exit the volume, since apparently the cube/cylinder glitch still hasn't been fixed. I think there might be a building that is somehow above the bottom of the volume, even though it's almost at the game's height limit. I also use the defeated monsters to trigger the falling blocks now, since there can only be one trigger group at a time.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

thshdw

60%
02 Rank
Progress
thshdw
Accepted Solution

I wonder if setting up another volume under your exit volume would work. The volume could be on entry and would remove the monster from the world.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bnfdhfdhfd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
bnfdhfdhfd
Accepted Solution

I was about to try this, until I realized that section of the mission depends on defeating the monsters. I'll see if it's a major problem after it gets some plays. It happened once in awhile in the beta version, but nobody seemed to complain about it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

artoo1977

45%
02 Rank
Progress
artoo1977
Accepted Solution

bnfdhfdhfd wrote:

Those who played the beta may remember this mission. It is called Rod of War. It is a series of minigames inspired by the challenges in the God of War games.

So I played your level and the only critique I have on it is you should disable Misc. Powers. You can easily get through the platforming part with a Ice Jump or lightning Tether .

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bnfdhfdhfd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
bnfdhfdhfd
Accepted Solution

artoo1977 wrote:

bnfdhfdhfd wrote:

So I played your level and the only critique I have on it is you should disable Misc. Powers. You can easily get through the platforming part with a Ice Jump or lightning Tether .

I disabled lightning tether. I tried using Ice jump and I still thought it was pretty difficult to land on the platforms, so I left it in. I don't have firebird strike, so if using it makes that section too easy, let me know.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

artoo1977

45%
02 Rank
Progress
artoo1977
Accepted Solution

bnfdhfdhfd wrote:

artoo1977 wrote:

bnfdhfdhfd wrote:

I disabled lightning tether. I tried using Ice jump and I still thought it was pretty difficult to land on the platforms, so I left it in. I don't have firebird strike, so if using it makes that section too easy, let me know.

I haven't tried it with that yet but I will and let you know.:smileywink:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bnfdhfdhfd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
bnfdhfdhfd
Accepted Solution

artoo1977 wrote:

bnfdhfdhfd wrote:

I haven't tried it with that yet but I will and let you know.:smileywink:

I just got Firebird Strike in my evil game, it definitely doesn't help. If someone can make it through that section with Firebird Strike, then they deserve to win. :Lol:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Frazzguy

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Frazzguy
Accepted Solution

Save Zeke! 

This is my first mission and it shows :). Basically all you have to do is protect Zeke from the Militia as he runs down a set path to the medical clinic. The Militia become increasingly difficult along the way. 

Please give constructive criticism only! Let me know of any bugs or glitches and I will fix them ASAP.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kal-Caedus

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Kal-Caedus
Accepted Solution

1) John...

2) Decision, Race, Battles, Platforming, Boss

3) By a warehouse that gets blown up in the story on the second island by someone

4) From the get go you get to decide to join John or Fight against him and each path has its own layout of platforming and battles. One has a little more platforming, and the other has a race involved. Both sides have bosses (to an extent ;) and 2 different win conditions so try both paths!

5) It has a few glitches here and there hard to specifically mention certain ones (sometimes if the mission restarts its fine, other times its a slight design bug.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

artoo1977

45%
02 Rank
Progress
artoo1977
Accepted Solution

Kal-Caedus wrote:

1) John...

2) Decision, Race, Battles, Platforming, Boss

3) By a warehouse that gets blown up in the story on the second island by someone

4) From the get go you get to decide to join John or Fight against him and each path has its own layout of platforming and battles. One has a little more platforming, and the other has a race involved. Both sides have bosses (to an extent ;) and 2 different win conditions so try both paths!

5) It has a few glitches here and there hard to specifically mention certain ones (sometimes if the mission restarts its fine, other times its a slight design bug.

Could you find the link?  I would like to play it.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kollus

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Kollus
Accepted Solution

Well guys, this is my first infamous 2 mission! I hope you'l like it!

1. Death-cathlon - English Version

2. Race, Battle

3. Start from the top of the "ship-like" cabaret theatre.

4. It's a race against the clock through 5 different challeges

Here is the link!

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=0b869d68-21c3-46...

If someone (probably italians) is interested, this is the link to the original italian version:

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=d071f0d3-e1cd-41...

Have fun and rate!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RetroSteveUK

94%
03 Rank
Progress
RetroSteveUK
Accepted Solution

Mission: Tank Finder General

Find it: HERE

Find & destroy 10 hidden propane tanks.

This was the first mission I created using the UGC beta.  Now rebuilt for the full release, I've added some graphical flourishes and there are also now three levels of difficulty: Practice (no time limit) / Timed (60 second limit) / Pro Timed (40 second limit).  Let me know if you manage to beat the Pro level time limit of 40 seconds.  I managed 35 seconds with practice so I figured 40 would be tough enough.

Consider it a challenge! 

0 Kudos

Tank Finder General

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bnfdhfdhfd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
bnfdhfdhfd
Accepted Solution

Another beta mission reborn:

Electric Gear Solid - http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=a4b67353-98f2-4f...

The inspiration should be obvious. The objective is to cover Zeke while he attempts to disarm an underwater bomb. Plenty of opportunities for Flood Town-style water zapping. Watch Zeke at the end of the mission for a special surprise.

0 Kudos

Re: Tank Finder General

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sneakingsuit

42%
02 Rank
Progress
sneakingsuit
Accepted Solution

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=a693e80d-f4bf-4c...

It isn't perfect, and would benefit from from something that I don't yet know is missing, but it is my first mission, and I'm pretty proud of it.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone about how to improve it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sneakingsuit

42%
02 Rank
Progress
sneakingsuit
Accepted Solution

Also: It has a low score right now because only 5 people played it and 3 of those played it while it (unknown to me) was impossible to beat. It has been fixed since then.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Shaowstrike

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Shaowstrike
Accepted Solution

First map attempt so here goes:

1) Trash Removal (Link)

2) Target Practice, Destroy

3) The large circular plaza surrounding the Cathedral on the first island and the Cathedral itself.

4) Removing hazardus material from the area.

5) I pretty much have t way I wanted it to, except I whe mission set theanted to be on-rails with Cole in the back of a pickup truck with Zeke driving.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fuzzypotato

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Fuzzypotato
Accepted Solution

Woah lawdy, I got caught up playing and forgot about  this until i did my regulatory forum check.. and i'm suprised its gotten posted on this much. I'll put together a list of missions everyone has made and try them out for myself, i did play one while getting the trophy, which was the Amp Arena Revamped, but as for the others i don't think i've stumbled upon any.. :( i'm going to be putting out another tomorrow for anyone that enjoys arena-melee-style missions. i'll try to give as much feedback as i can on what y'all have done. thanks all and make sure to keep it coming!

EDIT: also thank you for mentioning the linking, http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=d510df41-c925-46... is my first

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel