[EN] Archive

UGC Mission Design

UGC Mission Design

Level 3

Re: The "Help me! I have a UGC problem" Thread

mgastryker wrote:

This might be a simple question, but here goes. I have a mission where I have some Militia on my team and we're fighting Ice Soldiers. Is there a way to get the Ice Soldiers to attack each of us equally?

As you've probably discovered, Militia and Ice Soldiers automatically attack each other, and they both automatically attack Cole, but sometimes when there's a mix like you have, there's an unpredictable bias. 

The most obvious way I can think of to get around the problem would be to make the Militia group hostile to the Ice Men group, and neutral to to Cole, (which you've probably already done,) then split the Ice Men into two groups.  Make one group hostile to Cole but neutral to Militia, and the other group hostile to Militia but neutral to Cole.  This way half the Ice Soldiers will attack Cole and half will attack the Militia.

After this, I'd suggest adjusting the numbers of Ice Men in each group to balance the difficulty correctly.  Eg. if you have ten Ice Men, make three attack Cole and seven attack the Militia.  You could also have a logic monitor that detects if all militia are incapacitated, then have both groups of Ice Men hostile to Cole.  This will prevent Ice Men becoming passive, sitting ducks if all the Militia are beaten.

Please use plain text.
Message 511 of 520 (2,136 Views)
0 Kudos

Hey, everyone. So this is the issue I have been having. In Infamous: Festival of Blood, I've never been able to connect to the UGC server. I've had it since it first came out and have tried to connect to it every now and again. Just checked today and still, no connection. Is there any way to solve this problem? I live in Japan so could that have something to do with it? Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 512 of 520 (2,115 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Not sure, to be honest.  At least not without seeing your PS3 setup in the flesh.  Maybe try deleting the game and redownloading?  Also delete your game data if there's a separate file.  That might clear up any issues.

Please use plain text.
Message 513 of 520 (2,091 Views)
0 Kudos

i've been trying to make a king of the hill mission where cole is at the top of one of the smokestacks, and there are waves of different enemies coming up trying to knock him off. what i want is for cole to have unlimited electricity WHILE he is on top of the smokestack, and if he leaves the smoke stack, i want there to be a 20 second or so timer that tells him to get back to the top, with a mission fail if he doesnt make it.

So far the enemies only appear once cole gets to the top and he DOES have infinite electricity, however, if he leaves he still has it. also i cannot find out how to make the timer stop and restart once he gets back to the top.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

-badified

Please use plain text.
Message 514 of 520 (2,064 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

badified wrote:

i've been trying to make a king of the hill mission where cole is at the top of one of the smokestacks, and there are waves of different enemies coming up trying to knock him off. what i want is for cole to have unlimited electricity WHILE he is on top of the smokestack, and if he leaves the smoke stack, i want there to be a 20 second or so timer that tells him to get back to the top, with a mission fail if he doesnt make it.

So far the enemies only appear once cole gets to the top and he DOES have infinite electricity, however, if he leaves he still has it. also i cannot find out how to make the timer stop and restart once he gets back to the top.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

-badified

For the timer, use logic modifiers to modify the settings on your timer, (give the timer a name then put that name into the logic modifier.)  You can use logic modifiers to add or subtract time, reset the timer, pause or unpause it.  be careful not to retrigge rthe same timer more than once if you're using modifiers though as this can cause bugs and glitches.

To make the unlimited energy enable and disable itself, use a timer set to repeat every 0.1 seconds which sets Cole's energy to 100%   When you want to disable the unlimited energy, use a logic modifier to pause the repeating timer.  Unpause it to re-enable.  Again, remeber not to trigger the timer more than once. 

You also need two volumes on top of your chimney stack.  One that pauses the repeating timer when Cole exits, and one to unpause the timer when Cole enters.

Please use plain text.
Message 515 of 520 (2,062 Views)
0 Kudos

Not sure if this is the right way to do this. I didn't see a new post link so I replied here.
Is there a way to

show a brief (or another command or event)
if
group A (vampires) is destroyed or unjured
and
group B (an object) is not destroyed?
Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 516 of 520 (1,970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

show a brief (or another command or event)

if
group A (vampires) is destroyed or unjured
and
group B (an object) is not destroyed?

There a couple of ways to do this, depending on what exact outcome you're aiming for.  

If you want your brief to trigger when the vampires are all beaten, but ONLY if the object has not been destroyed:

1) Monitor for group A (vampires) being ALL INCAPACITATED and connect it to the brief.

2) Monitor for group B (object) being DESTROYED, and connect it to a SWITCH that DISABLES the connection between the group A (vampire) monitor and the brief.

If after group B (object) is destroyed, you want to replace the brief with another, alternative event or a different brief:

3) Connect your logic as shown above in points 1 and 2.

4) Put in a second monitor for group A (vampires) being ALL INCAPACITATED and connect it to your alternative event.
5) Put in a second monitor for group B (object) being DESTROYED, and connect it to a SWITCH that ENABLES the connection between the second group A (vampire) monitor and the alternative event.

The end result will be two possible outcomes which are triggered when the vampires are beaten, but depending on whether the object is destroyed or not.

You can also save a bit of logic space by using one monitor for vamps and one for the object, then use a splitter on each and put the switches onto the connections AFTER the splitter.  Either way will work but the method that uses splitters is more efficient.
Please use plain text.
Message 517 of 520 (1,785 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: The "Help me! I have a UGC problem" Thread multiple checkpoint (3 or more) questions

Hello.  I wanted to use objects (people or things) to end the mission and have the player respawn or teleport to new locations.
I have been successful with having the player respawn at one point, die and respawn at another new checkpoint.
When I get past two checkpoints, I haven't been able to add a third checkpoint correctly.
I have a monitor set for when mission starts and no checkpoints have been triggered.
The second monitor is:
when mission starts and current checkpoint is checkpoint (which is the first checkpoint)
I try setting the next monitor to mission starts and checkpoint 2 is current checkpoint and then it doesn't really work correctly (of the way I'd like it to)
Please help me.  I have looked for videos and text but have not been able to find the correct info.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 518 of 520 (1,714 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hi everyone! I'm new in this forum and I hope you can help me with my first ugc mission. This is my problem that stops me from finishing it. Any help would be highly appreciated thanks. http://forum.infamousthegame.com/t5/UGC-Mission-Design/My-first-ugc/td-p/18819792

Please use plain text.
Message 519 of 520 (413 Views)
0 Kudos

Transferring UGC

So, I've got about 22 UGC levels on my Brothers PS3 and I just got a new one, I've got everything transferred on to the new PS3 but I don't have my UGC levels, some of them now remain unfinished and unpublished, is there any known way of getting my UGC levels on to my new system?

Please use plain text.
Message 520 of 520 (192 Views)
0 Kudos