07 Jan 2013
Playstation Staff

FAQ: Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception Online Pass

[ Edited ]
26 Replies 11,514 Views edited 07-01-2013

uncharted 3 online pass thread.png

Welcome to the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Online Pass FAQ Thread, this thread is aimed at helping to identify any problems or questions you may have.

First, we'll start off with the most common question!:

(Q): I bought the game new, and my Online Pass code doesn't work, why is this?

(A): Did you buy an imported copy? Depending on the region of your SEN account, if your region does not match that of the game, the code will not work. Take note of the disc code located on the game disc or the spine of your game case, and refer to this game disc code table -

BCES - Europe (SCEE)

BCUS - United States (SCEA)

BCJS - Japan (SCEJ)

BCAS - Asian  (SCE Asia)

So if your SEN account is EU, you can't redeem a US Online Pass code. Also make sure to double check your entry before trying to redeem a code.

(Q): If I bought the game preowned, can I still get a code?

(A): If you bought the game preowned, you will have to buy the Online Pass from the Playstation Store of your disc and region

(Q): Is the Online Pass of the Standard version of Uncharted 3 compatible with the Game of the Year version?

(A): Your current Uncharted 3 online pass is 100% compatible with the GOTY Edition.

(Q): I redeemed my Online Pass code, but it is still asking me to redeem or buy one when I try to access Uncharted 3's Multiplayer features. Why?

(A): You may have forgotten to actually download it when you redeemed it, but that's no problem! Just go to 'Download History' on the Playstation Store, and you should see it there. Just click to download, and let it download AND install fully.

(Q): My friend says he can give me his Uncharted 3 Online Pass by redownloading it from his account onto my PS3. Is this allowed?

(A): This is considered 'gamesharing', and is completely against Sony's Terms & Conditions, so no. Also NEVER give out your email address and password to anyone you don't know, even if they claim to offer you something in return.

I hope this clears up the majority of common problems people have!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (11,514 Views)

Playstation Staff

Re: FAQ: Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception Online Pass

Hi I lost my network pass which was in the cd, is it possible to get another one ?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27 (11,302 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

madowhat wrote:
Hi I lost my network pass which was in the cd, is it possible to get another one ?

Your online pass should be included in the game case on a seperate piece of paper, OR on the back of the instruction booklet

If you have lost it, you will have to buy a new one from the Playstation Store sorry

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27 (11,243 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi,

I have just bought myself the GOTY edition from game (New and Sealed).

I have a UK account and it is a BCES copy however, the code is still coming up as invalid. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27 (10,159 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Mirfin123 wrote:
Hi,

I have just bought myself the GOTY edition from game (New and Sealed).

I have a UK account and it is a BCES copy however, the code is still coming up as invalid. :smileysad:

Double check your entry. You may be getting a character confused (Like using I instead of 1).

If that doesn't work, I suggest either calling Sony Playstation Customer Services (having the necessary info, like your receipt and name of the Game store you bought it from, as well as your Online ID), or take it back to the Game store you bought it from and explain that the code will not work, again having your receipt.

Hope this helps

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27 (10,060 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I got the goty edition but the voucher was invalid. If I buy a pass will i still get the goty maps?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27 (8,744 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

icecreaman57 wrote:
I got the goty edition but the voucher was invalid. If I buy a pass will i still get the goty maps?

All DLC is installed on the GOTY Edition disc

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27 (8,545 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have my game, I haven't played since maybe mid 2012? The PS3 I had originally played on got the infamous "Yellow strip". Now that I got a new PS3, I try using my code and it is coming up as invalid. I don't know what is wrong.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27 (7,272 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
@ Bobbity1 (can't quote on iPad)

The redeem code will not work again, since it has already been used (codes are a one time use) but as long as you are using the same account that previously redeemed the code, go into your download history and it should be there, just simply redownload it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27 (7,236 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi, I recently purchased an  Uncharted 3 pre-owned copy and I would like to purchase an online pass from the PS store, however, I have been searching the store and I can't seem to find the online pass. Can someone please help figure out how to buy the pass? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27 (6,783 Views)
0 Kudos