Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

UC3: The DLC

[ Edited ]
121 Replies 1,371 Views edited 06-10-2012

Welcome to the Uncharted 3 DLC thread!

A place for you to discuss all DLC, add-on's, collectible's, weapons, maps and all that other fantastic stuff which makes the multiplayer so awesome!

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Best Action Player
/16

goodgoa

• Best Action Player
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
goodgoa
Accepted Solution
Is a bit disgusting how the Fortune Hunter Pack doesn't cover any of this new dlc but I guess every company wants to make money at the end of the day.
0 Kudos

Re: UC3: The DLC

/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

goodgoa wrote:
Is a bit disgusting how the Fortune Hunter Pack doesn't cover any of this new dlc but I guess every company wants to make money at the end of the day.

and one thing is for sure... next time THIS company aint getting my money for any so called new 'fortune hunter pack' for other games they release.

this freemium crap and the wallet warriors ruin gaming..

0 Kudos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

/16

Neo-Renzokuken

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Neo-Renzokuken
Accepted Solution

goodgoa wrote:

Not really as Naughty Dog explicitly said that the "Fortune Hunter's Club" would only cover a finite amount of DLC and announced what would be part of that package months ahead of their release.

Best Action Player
/16

goodgoa

• Best Action Player
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
goodgoa
Accepted Solution

Neo-Renzokuken wrote:

goodgoa wrote:

Not really as Naughty Dog explicitly said that the "Fortune Hunter's Club" would only cover a finite amount of DLC and announced what would be part of that package months ahead of their release.

True say but the fact that this new set of DLC has no discounts in packs etc is ridiculous.

0 Kudos

/16

Neo-Renzokuken

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Neo-Renzokuken
Accepted Solution

goodgoa wrote:

Neo-Renzokuken wrote:

goodgoa wrote:

True say but the fact that this new set of DLC has no discounts in packs etc is ridiculous.

A majority of the DLC that was included in Patch 1.13 can be unlocked by gathering up new treasure items that were brought in with this patch, with a couple items tied to the new "Legacy" levels. The only items that you have to pay for, as far as I'm aware, are the Jak goggles and any of the trade show items (e.g. Comic-Con/E3 Shirts and Weapons).

Since a lot of this can be unlocked just by playing the game I don't see much of an issue.

0 Kudos

Best Action Player
/16

goodgoa

• Best Action Player
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
goodgoa
Accepted Solution
Yeah all those hats you can grind no problem but was mainly talking about the new taunts as well as those mesh maps when they come out. I don't really have a problem myself as I don't plan on buying anymore things but it is weird that there are no bundles on certain things.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

LAClennell

• Beta Tester
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LAClennell
Accepted Solution

goodgoa wrote:
Yeah all those hats you can grind no problem but was mainly talking about the new taunts as well as those mesh maps when they come out. I don't really have a problem myself as I don't plan on buying anymore things but it is weird that there are no bundles on certain things.

I was gonna say there was no point in you buying them anyway, as I'm pretty sure your competitive gaming clan malarkey would just ban them, like they do with the M9 RoF (Which ISN'T overpowered, its fine)

0 Kudos

Best Action Player
/16

goodgoa

• Best Action Player
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
goodgoa
Accepted Solution

LAClennell wrote:

goodgoa wrote:

I was gonna say there was no point in you buying them anyway, as I'm pretty sure your competitive gaming clan malarkey would just ban them, like they do with the M9 RoF (Which ISN'T overpowered, its fine)

It has the same stopping power as the Pak 80, but is much more portable. You can test it against any other gun, it will win every time. Not even sure why they decided to keep that in the game but remove the AK RoF from the beta. 

Competitive gaming is not for everyone, but at the end of the day it is based around getting the most balanced ruleset for a game so that it solely comes down to your aim & teamwork; which means most of the time things are banned for the better. Not sure what this has to do with DLC.

0 Kudos

/16

Neo-Renzokuken

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Neo-Renzokuken
Accepted Solution

If I may interject, the new clothing items including hats now apply positive and negative boosters when equipped (e.g. -X% Stopping Power, or +X% Endurance)

Best Action Player
/16

goodgoa

• Best Action Player
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
goodgoa
Accepted Solution
Ah fair enough, didn't know that, guessing those will get banned then. Obviously stuff like skins would still be allowed but then DLC like maps would have to be removed because not everyone will buy them.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

LAClennell

• Beta Tester
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LAClennell
Accepted Solution

So with Stage 2 of the DLC out, what did people buy?

I bought all the event Shirts and Guns :3

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

LAClennell

• Beta Tester
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LAClennell
Accepted Solution

With the 4th and (presumably) final stage DLC released, what did everyone buy overall?

I bought -

All event guns and T shirts

Redshirt Drake Skin

Jak Goggles

All Custom Hero cowboy clothing

All Custom Villain cowboy clothing

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

LAClennell wrote:

With the 4th and (presumably) final stage DLC released, what did everyone buy overall?

I bought -

All event guns and T shirts

Redshirt Drake Skin

Jak Goggles

All Custom Hero cowboy clothing

All Custom Villain cowboy clothing

Hi LAClennell i was wondering if you could help us with some DLC pack confusion. I was looking at the additional DLC trophies confused which package is for which set of trophies. For example additional trophies 1 to 10 require map pack 1 and trophies 11 to 20 require map pack 2 etc.

Am i right in thinking map packs 1 and 2 are flashback packs 1 and 2? Which packs are map pack 3,4 and 5 just need a bit of clarification on this. Another thing i think the U3 maps DLC needs separating from the A to Z U3 skins and guns DLC they're seem hardworking to find buried among the other DLC. 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

LAClennell

• Beta Tester
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LAClennell
Accepted Solution

mont348 wrote:

Hi LAClennell i was wondering if you could help us with some DLC pack confusion. I was looking at the additional DLC trophies confused which package is for which set of trophies. For example additional trophies 1 to 10 require map pack 1 and trophies 11 to 20 require map pack 2 etc.

Am i right in thinking map packs 1 and 2 are flashback packs 1 and 2? Which packs are map pack 3,4 and 5 just need a bit of clarification on this. Another thing i think the U3 maps DLC needs separating from the A to Z U3 skins and guns DLC they're seem hardworking to find buried among the other DLC. 

Ok, it goes like this

If you select Uncharted 3 from your trophy collection, press Square to break up into seperate lists, you'll see the base game and 5 extra lists. this is what DLC pack is needed for each list:

DLC 1 Trophies (Flashback 1) - Flashback Map Pack 1 (Game Pack)

DLC2 Trophies (Fort Co-op) - Fort Co-op Adventure (Game Pack)

DLC 3 Trophies (Flashback 2) - Flashback Map Pack 2 (Game Pack)

DLC 4 Trophies (Shades) - Co-op Shade Survival Mode (Game Pack)

DLC 5 Trophies (U3 Maps) - Drake's Deception Map Pack (Game Pack)

If you want to earn all the trophies in the 'DLC 1 Trophies (Flashback 1) list, you'll need to own the Flashback Map Pack 1, same to the other pieces of Game Packs to their respected trophy list.

You can't just have 1 or 2 Game Packs and earn Trophies from another list for DLC that you don't own. For example, if you just own Flashback Map Packs 1 & 2, you won't be able to get trophies like Wild Wild West (50 Gunslinger Medals), which is part of the DLC 2 Trophies (Fort Co-op) that you do not yet own.. Although you can still earn Gunslinger medals, they won't add to your total needed for the trophy, unless you own the respected Game Pack

Hope this answers everything :)

[ Edited ]
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

LAClennell wrote:

mont348 wrote:

Ok, it goes like this

If you select Uncharted 3 from your trophy collection, press Square to break up into seperate lists, you'll see the base game and 5 extra lists. this is what DLC pack is needed for each list:

DLC 1 Trophies (Flashback 1) - Flashback Map Pack 1 (Game Pack)

DLC2 Trophies (Fort Co-op) - Fort Co-op Adventure (Game Pack)

DLC 3 Trophies (Flashback 2) - Flashback Map Pack 2 (Game Pack)

DLC 4 Trophies (Shades) - Co-op Shade Survival Mode (Game Pack)

DLC 5 Trophies (U3 Maps) - Drake's Deception Map Pack (Game Pack)

If you want to earn all the trophies in the 'DLC 1 Trophies (Flashback 1) list, you'll need to own the Flashback Map Pack 1, same to the other pieces of Game Packs to their respected trophy list.

You can't just have 1 or 2 Game Packs and earn Trophies from another list for DLC that you don't own. For example, if you just own Flashback Map Packs 1 & 2, you won't be able to get trophies like Wild Wild West (50 Gunslinger Medals), which is part of the DLC 2 Trophies (Fort Co-op) that you do not yet own.. Although you can still earn Gunslinger medals, they won't add to your total needed for the trophy, unless you own the respected Game Pack

Hope this answers everything :)

Cheers for that my copy of U3 has been out on loan for ages been meaning to get back into it again. 

Probably pick up the maps at the end of the month.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SilverDefender

• Beta Tester
87%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SilverDefender
Accepted Solution
But you're not a vinyl owner though!

photo leesym2.jpg
Beta Tester
/16

LAClennell

• Beta Tester
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LAClennell
Accepted Solution

RONNYNS wrote:

i didnt think that Naughty Dog would sink so deep  and start releasing their new free dlc as freemium.... its a shame...

Simple - dont buy any. No one is forcing you to buy any of them

All of it is useless anyway. I mean fair enough some give advantages like Stopping Power, but my Basic stuff still prevails

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel