Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: uncharted 3 not as good as previous games

jimmy20 wrote:
Meh, that's what i've come to expectfrom Uncharted, if i'm not shooting, i'm platforming, or i'm puzzle solving. If I wanted a change of pace, i'd go play Motorstorm.

While I first thought that it was a much shorter game than the first two, after comparing my play times, i found that they were all about equal, (comparing the Crushing playthrough). I'll agree that the story was a bit more difficult to follow this time, I was on the cruise ship level and thinking to myself, how did we actually get here and why? It took a chapter select to view what i had previously done to refresh my memory.

I think the problem was, that it tried to get bigger and bigger with wach release, ND should now move Uncharted to a 2 year dev cycle to really fine tune the next one, and dial back the number of settings to hone the storyline again. I miss the first Uncharted where there was a total of 2 maybe 3 different locales ('Amazon' and the 'Island' and everything portrayed within)

Naughty Dog already have a 2 year cycle for the Uncharted games;

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - 2007

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 2009

Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception - 2011

LATEST PLATINUM: Hotline Miami

*Click here to view my PSN Profile*

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 280 of 331 (341 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

U3 is good as U2. And multipayer is more dynamic
××
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 281 of 331 (335 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Interesting peice of trivia.... The reason they broke Cutter's leg in the script, and he played no more part in the story, was the actor had to go off to NZ for filming off The Hobbit... one of many script evolutions confirmed by Nolan North in his behind the scenes book...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 282 of 331 (308 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

kiwiatlarge wrote:

Interesting peice of trivia.... The reason they broke Cutter's leg in the script, and he played no more part in the story, was the actor had to go off to NZ for filming off The Hobbit... one of many script evolutions confirmed by Nolan North in his behind the scenes book...

Yet another reason to dislike Peter Jackson. Cutter was a great introduction to the franchise.

"They say... hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness searching for their destiny. The darkness, for me, is where I shine."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 283 of 331 (303 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Wouldn't say it was ' terrible ' by any means, bit of an overstatement there imo :smileytongue:, but it did seem like unfinished business to me, seemed as if it finished  too quickly ! (.thought they would have made more use of the supernatural element re. the agents  etc. but that's prpbably just my expectations at fault ! )  Whatever, I'm p*ssed on champagne and will probably regret posting so happy new year to all true Uncharted fans and Naughty Dog, I still love you ! :Peace:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By turquoisebear at 2011-07-10
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 284 of 331 (278 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

UC3 is really awesome

i just started playing it and think its really beautiful and the story is really, really good. i am really enjoying this game. i haven't started any on-line stuff yet, but will :-)

Superman
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 285 of 331 (232 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Should I buy UC3?

Hi there,

I've been looking for a new game now for quite a while... and since I saw the first picts and vids of it (1 year ago when it was announced till now) I have been thinking of buying Uncharted 3. However I do still have 2 questions.

1) I haven't played any Uncharted game before, do I have to? in order not to miss stuff (storywise) or do all 3 games have different stories?

2) Is the singleplayer "long enough" (as I wasnt really into the MP in the beta)

please reply,

Thanks in advance.

Best (Ex)Community Moderator: Wretched_Hawk

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 286 of 331 (289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Should I buy UC3?

1. It's very much recommended to play the previous games first as there is a story line with the characters that goes across the series.

There is a double pack : http://tiny.cc/ganf5

Have a look around though as you may be able to get it cheaper.

2. The single player is not extremely long but depending on your game play can last 8-10hrs, if you are a collector and want to collect everything in the game you will extend it by several hours if not more if you decide to do the Crushing mode :smileywink:

Is the game worth it? Definately, totally loved part 3 and the co op stuff on it is fun as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 287 of 331 (282 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

thanks for the comment :smileyvery-happy:

I think I'm gonna get it either today or tomorrow :smileyhappy: Im probably gonna buy UC3 first and if I like it a lot I'll buy the other parts aswell to complete the story.

Best (Ex)Community Moderator: Wretched_Hawk

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 288 of 331 (277 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Isit recommended? hmm............. YES!!!! i do prefer UC2 because thats just the greatest gamr ever made in my opinion and i would play the games in order from 1-3 just so you get to know the characters better, UC2 wouldnt have been as enjoyable for me if i hadnt played UC1 first to know who everyone is.

'I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 289 of 331 (264 Views)
0 Kudos