68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Uncharted 3 PSN Pass?

17 Replies 881 Views Created 07-07-2011

Will Uncharted 3 be using the  PSN Pass ?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Click On My Signature To Visit The OLD MAN CLAN Website

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
98%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution
Maybe not sure to early to know yet but if you purchase a brand new copy the pass will be included i will be pre-ordering for sure.
0 Kudos

Re: Uncharted 3 PSN Pass?

Nested replies sux what were they thinking?
/16

OMC-MUMBLES

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OMC-MUMBLES
Accepted Solution

They doing it for Resistance 3 so hoping U3 would not do it I got U3 on pre-order but I see it as a way to make peeps pay for online play

0 Kudos

Click On My Signature To Visit The OLD MAN CLAN Website

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
/16

bible-man

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bible-man
Accepted Solution

I think Resistance 3 is out before Uncharted 3 so I would guess that all first party games will include the pass from then on.

edit: Do you live in Mumbles? If so I can probably see your house lol

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

PsyFX

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PsyFX
Accepted Solution

I won't support this online pass nonsense to lock out multiplayer elements,  and yea I know blah blah you get a code for "One" user? so I shouldn't be concerned or should I?

I could deal with a code to access Exclusive / Free content, which is the way they should doing it to encourage the sale of new vs. used games. 

Example: Rock Band 2:  Code for 20 Free Songs if you bought new!

I am a big fan of Uncharted series and this really annoys me,  if  Uncharted 3 has Online Pass it is going to have to be a No Sale for me :smileysad:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

jimmy20

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jimmy20
Accepted Solution
Sorry if I'm being a bit dense here, but I was under the impression that an 'online pass' was just a code that allows the game to be played online registered to one PSN account. So if you then sold the game on and someone bought it second hand they couldn't play the game online with a new online pass right? (which i've heard retailers can sell to you:-rumour or not?)

So i'm then confused by people saying they won't buy the game based on the fact they can't get it second hand easily, or they can't sell it on for as much. I'm all for the game companies actually getting a cut of the sales that their games raise tbh, so i would buy a game second hand if it meant I had to then buy a code to play online for a nominal fee. As I would have presumably made a saving getting the game anyways...
0 Kudos

"They say... hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness searching for their destiny. The darkness, for me, is where I shine."
/16
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shadow_Moses_787
Accepted Solution

This was my understanding too Jimmy20 ! Perhaps some people just like making mountains out of molehills or maybe it's our fault for applying too much common sense !

0 Kudos

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By turquoisebear at 2011-07-10
/16

DeviantsRealm

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DeviantsRealm
Accepted Solution

So if I loan out my game to a friend or family they couldn't try the full game on their account?

0 Kudos

/16

PsyFX

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PsyFX
Accepted Solution

DeviantsRealm wrote:

So if I loan out my game to a friend or family they couldn't try the full game on their account?

Sort Answer: No.

Long Answer: They might be able to play the game on their account but Only on The same PS3 that has your account.

It's been hit and miss from what I've heard Many Games will Different Users On the Same PS3 use Online Features.

Then there are Games like Fifa 2011 that only Alows Online Content per One Account  if you want to have multiple accounts you have to buy an Online Pass for Each!

Pretty Shady if you ask me...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

varsas

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
varsas
Accepted Solution

PsyFX wrote:

Then there are Games like Fifa 2011 that only Alows Online Content per One Account  if you want to have multiple accounts you have to buy an Online Pass for Each!

I would assume that the pass is used on the master account and so it's usable by multiple sub accounts. Clearly if the accounts are separate master accounts they would be separate owners and so logically are different customers and so should pay separately.

0 Kudos

/16

PsyFX

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PsyFX
Accepted Solution

varsas wrote:

PsyFX wrote:

I would assume that the pass is used on the master account and so it's usable by multiple sub accounts. Clearly if the accounts are separate master accounts they would be separate owners and so logically are different customers and so should pay separately.

I am Sure the Millions of Famlies with multiple children (Multiple Accounts) that have One Game Console in their home would agree with you.

0 Kudos

/16

varsas

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
varsas
Accepted Solution
@PsyFx: I am sure they would since the children would be on sub accounts to allow the parents to have parental control.

I don't think we have details about how psn pass works so it could work on a per console basis.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

DANTE234

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DANTE234
Accepted Solution

I'm afraid people this is how it's going in the game industry and you shouldn't be surprised by this as other companies have done i.e. ea, thq etc, now ubisoft are introducing a pass starting with driver san francisco

0 Kudos

/16

PsyFX

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PsyFX
Accepted Solution

DANTE234 wrote:

I'm afraid people this is how it's going in the game industry and you shouldn't be surprised by this as other companies have done i.e. ea, thq etc, now ubisoft are introducing a pass starting with driver san francisco

If the video game industry continues with new and innovative ways to Nickel & Dime you, forcing people to go though more and more unnecessary Hurdles / Annoyances to play software that they own,  Identity Theft, etc

This current trend (Greed) could to lead to an Eventual Loss of Consumer Confidence and cause another Video Game Crash similar to what happened in 1983.

On a side note I will most likely be cancelling 3 pre-ordered games (uncharted 3, twisted metal, starhawk) once I have confirmation of if these use psn pass or not.  Damn shame too I got a 33% off discount due to a great E3 pre-order deal :(

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

varsas

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
varsas
Accepted Solution

OMC-MUMBLES wrote:

They doing it for Resistance 3 so hoping U3 would not do it I got U3 on pre-order but I see it as a way to make peeps pay for online play

They aren't since as someone who has bought it first-hand there would be a PSN pass included.

DeviantsRealm wrote:

They will be able to play the complete single player part of the game. If PSN pass is implemented and you have redeemed the one off first buyer code then the online multi-player part would be unavailable to them; they would need to buy a pass.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
98%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution
The online pass is for the user who activates the pass as a rule its downloaded to the game data so any other users on the same system can access the online content.

I myself and girlfriend have accounts on the same console and have not yet had to by a pass so she could access online and will be getting a second PS3 at some point so ill put my account on that so we can game together.
0 Kudos

Nested replies sux what were they thinking?
/16

zamaad

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zamaad
Accepted Solution

If there is going to be one, buy a new copy. You see, it's like the Mortal Kombat multiplayer pass or the NFS: Hot Pursuit multiplayer pass. I preordered it though.

0 Kudos

/16

orificer

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
orificer
Accepted Solution

I certainly hope the content is useable by multiple master account holders, like other add-ons & psn titles. I won't be buying 3 additional passes for each new game, having 3 kids in the household.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel