07 Jul 2011
Playstation Staff

Uncharted 3 PSN Pass?

17 Replies 834 Views Created 07-07-2011

Will Uncharted 3 be using the  PSN Pass ?

Click On My Signature To Visit The OLD MAN CLAN Website

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (834 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Uncharted 3 PSN Pass?

Maybe not sure to early to know yet but if you purchase a brand new copy the pass will be included i will be pre-ordering for sure.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (832 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

They doing it for Resistance 3 so hoping U3 would not do it I got U3 on pre-order but I see it as a way to make peeps pay for online play

Click On My Signature To Visit The OLD MAN CLAN Website

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (831 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I think Resistance 3 is out before Uncharted 3 so I would guess that all first party games will include the pass from then on.

edit: Do you live in Mumbles? If so I can probably see your house lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (825 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I won't support this online pass nonsense to lock out multiplayer elements,  and yea I know blah blah you get a code for "One" user? so I shouldn't be concerned or should I?

I could deal with a code to access Exclusive / Free content, which is the way they should doing it to encourage the sale of new vs. used games. 

Example: Rock Band 2:  Code for 20 Free Songs if you bought new!

I am a big fan of Uncharted series and this really annoys me,  if  Uncharted 3 has Online Pass it is going to have to be a No Sale for me :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (763 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense here, but I was under the impression that an 'online pass' was just a code that allows the game to be played online registered to one PSN account. So if you then sold the game on and someone bought it second hand they couldn't play the game online with a new online pass right? (which i've heard retailers can sell to you:-rumour or not?)

So i'm then confused by people saying they won't buy the game based on the fact they can't get it second hand easily, or they can't sell it on for as much. I'm all for the game companies actually getting a cut of the sales that their games raise tbh, so i would buy a game second hand if it meant I had to then buy a code to play online for a nominal fee. As I would have presumably made a saving getting the game anyways...

"They say... hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness searching for their destiny. The darkness, for me, is where I shine."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (752 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

The online pass is for the user who activates the pass as a rule its downloaded to the game data so any other users on the same system can access the online content.

I myself and girlfriend have accounts on the same console and have not yet had to by a pass so she could access online and will be getting a second PS3 at some point so ill put my account on that so we can game together.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (740 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This was my understanding too Jimmy20 ! Perhaps some people just like making mountains out of molehills or maybe it's our fault for applying too much common sense !

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By turquoisebear at 2011-07-10
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (731 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

So if I loan out my game to a friend or family they couldn't try the full game on their account?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (707 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

DeviantsRealm wrote:

So if I loan out my game to a friend or family they couldn't try the full game on their account?

Sort Answer: No.

Long Answer: They might be able to play the game on their account but Only on The same PS3 that has your account.

It's been hit and miss from what I've heard Many Games will Different Users On the Same PS3 use Online Features.

Then there are Games like Fifa 2011 that only Alows Online Content per One Account  if you want to have multiple accounts you have to buy an Online Pass for Each!

Pretty Shady if you ask me...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (701 Views)
0 Kudos