05 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

Uncharted: Golden Abyss Black Market

35 Replies 4,301 Views Created 05-03-2012

Hello Explorers!

How is everyone going with trading loots on the black market?

I've managed to trade one item, with a colleague via Friend's List - not exactly sure how, haven't got the hang of it quite yet.

Does anyone else have more experience with using the Black Market? Would be keen for some tips to best utilise it. I read recently you can also 'drop' items in geographical locations and others can go and pick them up using Near. Not yet had the privilege.

-sbs

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 36 (4,301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Uncharted: Golden Abyss Black Market

Not well... I've received one gift from econodog, and one from Deevo... but that's it... I'm not sure if anyone has received one from me yet... I just regularly as possible sign into the Black Market, as offers expire after 3 hours..

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 36 (4,283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I've had 5 trades so far on the black market (1 or 2 have been from kiwiatlarge). It's going to take some time to collect all the bounties! Grinding kills and using the black market has provided me with a few bouties. I'm still well short of completing a set.

Also, my kill/gun stats reset themselves which was rather disappointing. I already had the 100 Headshots trophy, and then yesterday when I was playing a notification popped up for 25 head shots :smileysad:

Is there any way in game to check your stats? I've looked everywhere and can't find them.

Anyway, I'm trying to be active with the Black Market trades, so if you're playing Uncharted on the vita & wanna trade, add me to your friends list (shoot through a message too so I know it's not just some random friend request).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 36 (4,121 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

found some good info on Near & Uncharted's Black Market trading:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/uncharted-golden-abyss/149408-black-market-troubleshooting-tips-the...

How to send a trade request

When you exit black market to the game's title menu, the game will prompt you to post a trade request yourself. Tap yes, and you will be transferred to near. Tap the location update circle on the top right corner of your Vita screen. If you have already updated near less than an hour ago your trade request will be reserved for the next update.

How to find out that you have sent a trade request

You can find out using near. You load up the app and navigate to the Discoveries section, and on the top left corner you see your PSN/SEN username and choice of avatar. If you tap your avatar a pop-up window will appear with a list of games. Uncharted Golden Abyss should appear on that list, with a gift box icon beside it indicating a trade request is in fact active.

Now pay close attention to the icon, if you see a green arrow overlaying the box, that indicates your trade request is pending and YET TO BE SENT. This pending request will be automatically processed the next time you update your location on near. If you tap on the box itself, you will be able to check the status of your trade requests.

How long do trade requests last before expiration?

Unlike some other game goods such as content for ModNation Road Trip that last two weeks, trade requests have a very short expiry of 3 hours. Be sure to claim your prize ASAP.

Do I have to wait at least one hour between updates?

In most scenarios, yes, unfortunately. However if you own the 3G/WiFi model and have an Internet connection either on your Vita or a mobile hotspot, such as a MiFi device or a smartphone, you could go out of your way and travel outside your local radius. Say near compares Vita users surrounding you in a 6-mile radius, you need to travel outside the 6-mile radius, and near allows you to update again within the same hour. I recommend doing this when you need to travel outside your radius for anything, including shopping, visiting a friend, or simply going to work. Do not use your Vita on the road when driving as it significantly increases chances of getting vehicle accidents. Use common sense.

If you're a passenger you have a greater advantage, you can update near every certain number of miles. The extent of your radius vary between areas. From my experience, your radius will be more extended in a large urban metropolis than in rural communities.

Theories

I have been troubleshooting this trade system for days. Me and a friend have been in a lengthy PM conversation over this whole trade system, having been perplexed, baffled and frustrated with this and ultimately we didn't know what to do. I was almost on the verge of contacting PlayStation customer support as most of the troubles come from the near app.

Then we found a theory that seem to have worked, but we need more information to fully confirm these as fact.

Only one person can download a trade request

This came up because many times I have uploaded trade requests the past few days, in which none of them appeared on my friend's near. Since I have multiple friends that are involved in this whole black market trade system one of them could have claimed my prize before any of my other friends could, thus could thwart any attempts to deliver the gift to a choice friend. Just today we recently scheduled a time (7:15 PM EST) to meet up on near, and apparently for once he was able to claim my trade request as he would be the first.

Yesterday I have sent out a total of four trade requests but he was not able to claim any, not even within their three-hour time window. Today was different, thus we believe this theory holds water. If the theory is true, you and a particular friend on your list have better chances pairing together at this against everyone else. Useful when wanting to deliver a good to a specific person.

So basically, update your trade requests each time you're leaving the black market, and do it often :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 36 (4,046 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Do I have to wait at least one hour between updates?

In most scenarios, yes, unfortunately. 

I think this is not true. near seems to differentiate between the overall near update which updates your location (touch near button in main menu) and near updates with friends which only updates the activity log (touch near in friends menu).

I have the location update bug. I can get my location but I can't send my location update to the server (it used to be the other way around) and can't receive data through the location update. I only use the friends update right now and received about 15 bounties.

Because you don't update your location using the near updates in the frineds menu, you can do it as often as you want to.

I don't know, if someone has received a bountie from me. I can't find an entry in the activity log for my trade offers, but have for trade offers from other people.

I really hope Sony is fixing near soon, it is very neat. I know, that you can fix the near bug with a system reset, but it didn't work for me two times and I don't want to do the whole thing again. It is to much hassle to get my homescreen customizations back.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 36 (3,766 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Feel free to add me. Almost got the set of Silver.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 36 (3,667 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am also looking to trade some bounties, but have a question on how to receive them.

Where do you go to get a trade from someone else?  Does it appear in the Game Goods screen of Near like a Stardust soundtrack song?

I am adding you all now so we can get some trades going.

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 7 of 36 (3,610 Views)
1 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hey all i have been wantingto try the black market for a while but have no friends so add meeveryone MysticMortal 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 36 (3,401 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I finally got one of the sets of cards... :smileyhappy:

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 36 (3,364 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I've just got my second set of Bounty Treasures over the weekend.

Thanks to you guys who have helped. I'm still killing bad guys but the bounties are getting fewer and fewer.

:smileysad:

I was a whole 2 hours early for work this morning. So I smashed out 2 hours of UC:GA :smileyhappy:

-sbs

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 36 (3,332 Views)
0 Kudos