24 Nov 2010
Playstation Staff

Uncharted movie to star Mark Wahlberg

27 Replies 1,100 Views Created 24-11-2010

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/24/uncharted-movie-to-star-mark-wahlberg/

"Mark Wahlberg has confirmed in an MTV interview that he expects to star in the Uncharted film. The actor, who also starred in ill-fated film-to-game adaptation Max Payne, says director David O. Russell (who he had previously worked with on Three Kings and The Fighter) plans to start shooting next summer. This, of course, means the geek-approved casting of Nathan Fillion in the role of Nathan Drake is out."

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (1,100 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Uncharted movie to star Mark Wahlberg

Just read this.

I died a little inside. :smileysad:

Is Wahlberg known for his roguish-but-likeable character acting?

I'm not a huge proponent of the Fillion movement, but he would have been a better fit.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28 (1,097 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Noooo not Marky Marky. :Shame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95gF2_VuRwg&feature=related

David Boreanez from Bones/Buffy the Vampire would of been better.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (1,093 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ouch!!!!

All i can say is that he better have proper brained both games and lived at Naughty Dogs offices for 6 months to try and get into the role of Drake

Well it can't be as bad as Bob Hoskins was in Mario can it ????

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28 (1,069 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

There's also rumours of De Niro playing his dad and Pesci playing his uncle. I'm psyched about the idea of Pesci and De Niro being in a movie together again.

Anyway, I think Wahlberg is pretty underrated as an actor, I'm not sure how he'll do as Nathan Drake but from the top of my head I can't think of many others who they could get to play him.

"Dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidised dead baby".
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (1,038 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Fulcrum09 wrote:

There's also rumours of De Niro playing his dad and Pesci playing his uncle. I'm psyched about the idea of Pesci and De Niro being in a movie together again.

Anyway, I think Wahlberg is pretty underrated as an actor, I'm not sure how he'll do as Nathan Drake but from the top of my head I can't think of many others who they could get to play him.

Not sure about De Niro & Pesci in this type of movie though.  I hope to be proved wrong.

As for Wahlberg, I thought he was good in The Departed and Boogie Nights and was pretty menacing in Fear.

I just can't get my head around him in the role of Drake.

Maybe he'll pull it out of the bag and surprise us all, but for me he hasn't yet displayed the type of instantly likeable action hero needed for Drake.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28 (1,017 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Come on guys, give Mark a break. He proved what an awesome actor he was in that amazing film The Happening. 

Right? :smileyhappy:

Who's with me?

Anyone?

*tumbleweed*

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28 (976 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Well the only film he did good in was for me, Three Kings. I expect this film to be an epic fail, just like with Max Payne ... But i'd loved to be proven wrong lol. Let's just see how story goes, not too keen on the idea of Deniro and Perci as Father/Uncle. Just doesn't sum up. And i know it isn't supposed to follow like the Game's do.. I tell you, Sully better be in it!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (947 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I personally think Mark Wallberg will be in the film but not as Drake maybe flynn or a bad guy, no offence to wallberg but he lacks the charm/likeable/everyman that Drake is
Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (912 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I really like Mark Wahlberg, so never having seen the appeal for Fillion, if he was to play drake, I would be happy.

My bigger concern for this film is not going to be the actors, but the story itself, and how the director chooses to create the film.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28 (897 Views)
0 Kudos