Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Worst online game I've ever come across

[ Edited ]
54 Replies 2,511 Views edited 18-10-2009

Abysmal guys.

Why the hell can't I play the game? That is all.

Game is great, but I wish it wasn't because I can't play it. Can't join parties, headset doesn't work properly, takes ages to find games, sometimes never finds games, games lag to hell, running around in a ghost town because everyone else is playing while you've lagged into a parralel uncharted universe!

I've got games saved showing all that crap btw.

It's just a joke. Loved the beta, and towards the end of that the same thing started happening. was planning to play gamebattles with my clan. No point now can't bloody play.

I know not everyone is having problems, but many are. Learn how to make online games or don't.

Ta.

Message Edited by JohnnyJAP on 18-10-2009 07:22 PM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - johnnym60
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

jimmy20

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jimmy20
Accepted Solution
Reset your router than.
0 Kudos

Re: Worst online game I've ever come across

"They say... hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness searching for their destiny. The darkness, for me, is where I shine."
/16

Mr_Gallows

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Gallows
Accepted Solution

Pieguts77 wrote:

Maybe you should think about re-phrasing a thread before posting it.

The online game is one of the best i've played. Your connection, or the hosts if it's not a dedicated server(???), is the problem. I had no problems until today where I connected to 4 games only for 1 player to lose connection which killed the game each time. Annoying it may be, but I know it's peoples crap connections just like in cod4, call of juarez and kz2, you can see it before the game where 1 player has only 1 bar next to their name. When I play uncharted 2 on co-op with 2 of my mates we never have issues because we know our connections are good on most days. When it's us 3 we never seam to have issues.

KZ2? That's BS, because KZ2 has dedicated servers.
0 Kudos

/16

sean_kelly

87%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sean_kelly
Accepted Solution
The amount of kudos in this thread you'd of thought everyone hated uncharted 2 :|
0 Kudos

/16

mightydog1

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mightydog1
Accepted Solution

I've had same problem plus my friends as well its not our connections and I've got 10 meg connection and my mate got 20 meg........and its not our router...... the problem is the match making it searches for close games which I think  is problem cause it search for close games which means good pings then after a while searches for any which can be poor pings which thats all it seem to give you  which causes lag eg: shoot enemy in head with full clip he doesnt die sometimes delay before he dies after he shoots you......and you freeze for a few seconds cant shoot or move and the enemy can stand next to you and shoot you with no problem which is frustrating......match making should find good pings for all 10 players .Only then it will be great online but not as it is.....co op is fine with your mates.....just the match making need to be sorted.........but uncharted 2 is the best game I've played and rate it in high regards with mgs4.......

Message Edited by mightydog1 on 20-10-2009 06:41 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

DrTrouserPlank

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DrTrouserPlank
Accepted Solution
The MP itself is an acquired taste; It's not bad but it has two fundamental problems.

Unfortunately being a console game it will never develop a set of "unwritten rules" regarding the use of certain boosters, some of which are verging on utterly game breaking if everyone chose to use them.

The second problem is that you have to play it using a control pad, which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to aiming far less useful than a chocolate teapot when it comes to aiming.

Those are the things I don't like about playing it.
Message Edited by DrTrouserPlank on 18-10-2009 09:52 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
/16

eZnow

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
eZnow
Accepted Solution
i have never had a problem online with any of the mentioned topics
0 Kudos

/16

Gamerwillz

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gamerwillz
Accepted Solution
Are you joking?
0 Kudos

/16

GummyBear1992

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GummyBear1992
Accepted Solution
I hate it online! But only because im crap at it... Seriously, why is everyone so good except me? :(
0 Kudos

/16

WhiteAlexander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WhiteAlexander
Accepted Solution

Yeah, having a lot of problems with this game online. Matchmaking takes forever, partying doesn't work, can't finish a co-op game as people keep quitting half-way through.

Not enjoying it.

0 Kudos

/16

Noxage

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Noxage
Accepted Solution
I find online pretty great fun! Only thing it needs to be perfect is PLUNDER playlist! and perhaps a few more weapons, such as shotguns in the spawn area, we get a FAL and nades, so why not put a few shotguns in?

Photobucket
/16

BigLebowski2000

77%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigLebowski2000
Accepted Solution
My god, it's a great game online but you can clearly see (hear) the difference between people who play co-op and competitive. The latter ones are real cry babies ("oooh I got the most kills" and "oooh I f*ck your mother") while the co-op guys are really relaxed playing with! A breeze! :) Thanks ND!
0 Kudos

/16

xshaihuludx

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xshaihuludx
Accepted Solution
not experienced any lag as such, but the time it takes to actually connect, then to find a game can be 5+ minutes sometimes. :(
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

DrTrouserPlank

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DrTrouserPlank
Accepted Solution

xshaihuludx wrote:
not experienced any lag as such, but the time it takes to actually connect, then to find a game can be 5+ minutes sometimes. :(

I find it can take upto 90 seconds maybe to find a game, generally if I get the feeling it's not really connecting I just quit the matchmaking and go back in to change my queue position. It's usually quicker.
0 Kudos

PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
Beta Tester
/16

darth_rich

• Beta Tester
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
darth_rich
Accepted Solution

DrTrouserPlank wrote:

xshaihuludx wrote:

I find it can take upto 90 seconds maybe to find a game, generally if I get the feeling it's not really connecting I just quit the matchmaking and go back in to change my queue position. It's usually quicker.

Agreed... I do the same.

tbh i don't mind the wait.... I'd trade waiting 1 or 2 mins to find a game for silky smooth connection and crystal clear comms any day of the week.

0 Kudos

/16

Bilbo_bobbins

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bilbo_bobbins
Accepted Solution

First off, this is the best game I have ever played on Single player. Multiplayer is just as good, probably enjoy it more than any other too, but I have one slight problem, and thats the waiting time to join a game.

I don't get any lag or problems with headsets, but the one thing that really grinds me is the waiting time to join a match. I probably spend more time doing that than actually playing games. It's very frustrating.

IMO Naughty Dog need to sort this out, if they do, then this would be my most enjoyable game online.

0 Kudos

/16

highburygooner

81%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
highburygooner
Accepted Solution

I sort of agree with the OP.

I've encountered more than my fair share of lag on the MP game since release. Its pretty shocking seeing as the beta lasted for a  few months.

I have no problems with KZ2 or CoD WaW but this game has some major issues such as teleporting players, not being able to pick up weapons straight away and inconsistent gun damage . Looking at the number of players online which varies between 12,000 and 15,000 thats nothing compared to CoD WaW which has 70-80,000 players every night.

I know its a new game but I hope Naughty Dog sort out the issues quickly

Message Edited by highburygooner on 20-10-2009 06:14 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

aka_LaKeY

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
aka_LaKeY
Accepted Solution

wow! say anything negative about uncharted 2 and the drake lovers really do come out to defend his honour.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - aka_LaKeY
/16

WhiteAlexander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WhiteAlexander
Accepted Solution

aka_LaKeY wrote:

wow! say anything negative about uncharted 2 and the drake lovers really do come out to defend his honour.

Yeah really. Some of the replies on this thread are embarassing, but knowing the community on these boards lately, it's not that surprising. :(

0 Kudos

/16

Fattrever

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fattrever
Accepted Solution

I know this post is a year old now but I honestly don't know what anyone is talking about. It's never laggy for me unless the game host has a bad connection. I find a game almost instantly everytime. It has crashed on me a few times but that is down to my PS3 needing resetting. Occasionally it will take a few times to actually log into multiplayer but and pops up with "syncing error" or something but after a few tries it logs me on which I think is down to multiple logins on the server at the same time. All the problems I've had are by other people's connection or my PS3. As for the amount of people playing being between "12,000 and 15,000" is absurd. There are about 70,000 on average a day which is on par with modern warfare. And there is a global leaderboard aswell which compares money and kills and wins and such.

This might be outdated and it might be because they released a patch or something but I had no problems that I could blame on the game.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

michael3572

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michael3572
Accepted Solution
it looks like JohnnyJAP got wet :Stupid:

/16

bigwalker96

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bigwalker96
Accepted Solution

johnnyJAP wrote

Abysmal guys.

Why the hell can't I play the game? That is all.

Game is great, but I wish it wasn't because I can't play it. Can't join parties, headset doesn't work properly, takes ages to find games, sometimes never finds games, games lag to hell, running around in a ghost town because everyone else is playing while you've lagged into a parralel uncharted universe!

I've got games saved showing all that crap btw.

It's just a joke. Loved the beta, and towards the end of that the same thing started happening. was planning to play gamebattles with my clan. No point now can't bloody play.

I know not everyone is having problems, but many are. Learn how to make online games or don't.

Ta

hey johnny ive had no lag and it only takes 1 min to find a game for me any way maybe its your internet conection try emailling naughty dog about your issues

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel