Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Aliens : Reviews?????

[ Edited ]

Wow!

I have no idea what gearbox were doing all this time, but I can only asume that it has something to do with their fingers being in their bum holes!

In one of the levels there's a ladder that goes down, and a hole you could easily fit through, but you are stopped by some invisible wall. DON'T PUT THE HOLE AND THE LADDER THERE THEN! Or at least actually put something in the way of it

I know it's a small thing but really, It breaks the feeling of the game

There's the level I'm on now where you need to help to open the doors for the droship to escape. Shot some marines through the doors they were coming through, but can't access their ammo etc becasue of an invisible wal over the door.

Next to that is a HUGE airlock door where I shot a heavy marine. can I get his stuff through the massive opening the airlock door leaves?

Nope.

I also just got EXPLODED by an access panel that I need to use that moves the crane on that level. THere were no enemies around too.

Not to mention the damn thing just got stuck on the load screen after I exploded on the access panel

Another level where you need to disable some turrets before you can access the bridge. I went left to disable one (as I died first time I knew where they were), and circled round from behind only to find the second one wasn't there. I took a few step infront of where it should be, and the damn thing spawned out of nowhere 2ft behind me with 3 enemy marines and ripped me to bits.

Also there's a few times where when you're waiting for doors to open (rooms to load)

you can see the starry skybox on the doorstep until the room loads.

The auto aim gets in the way aswell!! as I point straight at an enemy that WAS running, the auto aim points where it thinks they're going to run even though they've stopped.

AWFUL show gearbox!

How on earth (or in space) can they spend THAT long on a game, and miss so many things!?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25 (136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

For the 1st time ever I'm sending a game back for refund! I didn't if being honest expect a 10/10 game but even if average scores were given I may have given it a bash but when I see 3/10 by the likes of eurogamer, there's no way I'm paying for that!
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25 (123 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Don't forget all the press reviews will be largely based on the single player only. Me and a mate are having a good time playing the multiplayer - I would give that a 6 or 7 out of 10 (I haven't really played the single player beyond the first chapter).

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25 (99 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thing that kills me about this game getting so much hate, is all reviews mention the jaggies (and i hate jaggies), but its funny because killzone 3 as just as many jaggies, yet somehow everyone says that game looks stella ? Strange days indeed.. Anyhow, i love it, maybe its because everyone hates it... but to me the outside levels look great..
Message 24 of 25 (86 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of the disappointment seems to stem from the graphics.

I too like it, but the bad press saddens me because the game is fun online, but no-one will buy it now to find out if they like it.

Maybe it will get a second wind in a month or so when it is dirt cheap and people take a punt and discover it's actually not that bad. Especially relative to the incredibly low expectations the press have set for it...?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25 (77 Views)
0 Kudos