25 Sep 2010
Playstation Staff

Are any games cross platform multiplayer? PS3 vs XBOX 360??

13 Replies 33,418 Views Created 25-09-2010

Hey,

I have a PS3 and my friends have just (foolishly) bought XBOX 360's,

Are there any games where I can play online against them?? (or with them of course!)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (33,418 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Are any games cross platform multiplayer? PS3 vs XBOX 360??

Short answer no and probably never will be.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (33,415 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

No........

Due to the closed nature of both networks no. MS have different standards to say Sony. Another problem is that xbox live all the servers are MS ones PSN it devs.....etc
Your never see anything like this
PSN more likely to get PS3 vc PC due to the devs running the servers.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (33,373 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

PC yes, very easy, XBOX 360. No, Microsoft won't allow it any more. The PAY for P2P XBOX 360 live service won't be allowed to connect to the completely free Server hosted world of the PS3 and PC online networks. Sony consoles have as far back as PS2 been bumping PC users of tracks as they were playing on the same servers in EA game. Micro soft don't want their PAYING users mixing with NON paying users.
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (33,356 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Microsoft have attempted to support cross platform gaming in recent years, Shadowrun could be played cross format between XBOX360 and PC but as far as im aware there are no cross platform titles which encompass the playstation. That having been said, im not sure this has been persued as a venture which has any future as that was the first n last tile i heard of and its a couple o years old now.

'War does not determine who is right, Only who is left!!!!'
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (33,286 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

slugvendor wrote:

Microsoft have attempted to support cross platform gaming in recent years, Shadowrun could be played cross format between XBOX360 and PC

Yeah. They later gave up on that idea though, because the PC people kept winning. Aiming with a mouse have a rather large advantage.

All signatures sucks, especially those with images in them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (33,225 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Counter Strike: Global Offencive is supposed to be cross platform PS3 and PC.  I think Wii also wants to allow crossplatform play with their newer wii coming out but MSoft still isn't jumping the bandwagon.  but i'm sure sooner or later it will be commone.. maybe with ps4 and xbox next

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (30,412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

spidey_the wrote:

Counter Strike: Global Offencive is supposed to be cross platform PS3 and PC.  I think Wii also wants to allow crossplatform play with their newer wii coming out but MSoft still isn't jumping the bandwagon.  but i'm sure sooner or later it will be commone.. maybe with ps4 and xbox next

yes the new counter-strike will be cross-platform with ps3,pc and mac..and support mouse and keyboard for ps3.....win,win....:Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (30,389 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

There's also Dust 514 coming sometime which will be an interesting cross-platform where PS3 gamers play an FPS game while working with EVE online players on PC. The mouse issue is moot, because PC players aren't involved in the FPS action.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (30,381 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Is there no developer that could try and pilot other games like Battlefield 2 for cross platform gaming? The logic behind it is actually not to dofficult, is it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (29,253 Views)
0 Kudos