17 Apr 2012
By: obliviondoll Member 257 Posts
Level 4

Armored Core V EU players?

10 Replies 182 Views Created 17-04-2012

I'm in New Zealand, but for some reason, in spite of being closer to America, we're on the EU servers for Armored Core (it's not the only game I've had this with, but that's another story).

I'm currently trying to build a team in the game, but it's slow going, because there are VERY few players out there...

Anyone interested in joining a team that's themed around Nadesico? If so, look me up (PSN: obliviondoll, obviously) for a tryout. The point of the team is to have fun, so if you're a hardcore competitive player, don't bother. I won't be too harsh about piloting skill, the main reason for the tryout it so I know if you're fun to be around. If you are, then good luck!

And whether looking for a team or not, who's up for discussion of builds, tactics, the fact that Japan has 2 patches that haven't made it to the rest of the world?

Feel free to talk about anything Armored Core related!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Re: Armored Core V EU players?

obliviondoll wrote:

...for a tryout. The point of the team is to have fun, so if you're a hardcore competitive player, don't bother. I won't be too harsh about piloting skill, the main reason for the tryout it so I know if you're fun to be around. If you are, then good luck!

LOL it's "for fun", yet you have "tryouts" both for this and Syndicate...? Way to let your hair down :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (177 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

And for both games, the tryout is to make sure it's someone whose company I enjoy. Skill isn't an important consideration.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (173 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

That door swings both ways dude. By nominating tryouts of fun, it instantly generates an non-fun image. Why not just have a game with people and go from there?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (171 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

It's literally just that though.

"Play with a person and go from there" is all I've been doing.

Although as of about 30 mins ago, my PS3 is dead, so I'll be (hopefully) not too much longer before I'm up and running, but the PS3 is dead right now.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (167 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I'm gonna start playing this on Wednesday so feel free to add me if your still looking for team members

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (141 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

What's the game like, zavvi have it on offer at the moment and i'm debating about it. I've totally seem to have gone off first person shooters and more towards these type of games.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (139 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Have you ever played a mech game before? I haven't recived my copy yet but i imagine it's the usual customise, customise, customise, KILL!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (137 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Nope, never played one before. At the moment I'm getting into the whole TPS games such as Binary Domain, Vanquish etc.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (131 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

You might want to check out a demo (if you can find one). Amroured Core tends to be very technical. Its more like Gran Turismo for mechs than it is CoD with mechs. I'm in two minds about whether to get it or not - I've always loved the idea of Armoured Core and even owned it once, but couldn't really get into it (online).

Apparently in this version, you will need to farm non-campaign missions for upgrades before you can even think about surviving the campaign. It's not really a strange concept for Japanese hardcore, but might make it a hard pill to swallow in the impatient West.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (128 Views)
0 Kudos