15 Feb 2011
By DubXero
Playstation Staff

Crysis 2/Bulletstorm/Killzone 3/Homefront

27 Replies 1,282 Views Created 15-02-2011

Ok so I have already got rid of Black Ops to make room for Killzone 3 (and Black Ops is STILL broken).

I have just found out that Homefront is out on Friday, and then Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 are out next Friday.

Which of those three will stand the test? (IE. Which should I pick up? I am getting KZ3, but can afford one other) I'm kind of swaying towards Crysis.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28 (1,282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: Crysis 2/Bulletstorm/Killzone 3/Homefront

Try the demo for Bullet Storm... I thought it looked good, and it is - but the demo made me realise I can't be bothered to think of a unique way to kill all that cannon fodder.

I didn't realise Homefront was out on Friday - I secretly hope it gets rubbish reviews so I can skip it and not feel bad. It's a shame so many great games are coming this year, as many won't get played that fully deserve to.

Killzone 3 is a guaranteed purchase for me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28 (1,266 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Killzone 3 is a good chioce for all PS3 owners not sure which to get as its made for Sony exclusively its almost a guarantee that it will work just fine.
However, as the COD series has proven and alot of other multiformat games have, theres no such guarantee with the other games all we can do is hope that they have been ported to PS3 well.
Ive played Crysis 2 MP beta on sexbox and it was all good it the way it connected and played, some niggles with gameplay but thats all.
I agree with Infinitestates, Bulletstorm is fun but its not for me, Im not really into HAVING to kill people in different ways to score highly.
Homefront LOOKS awesome but who knows, again will it work well on PS3 or xbox for that matter. Its an unknown quantity.

I love FPS and I agree with you OP that a glutten of great FPS's in a short space of time may in fact mean they all dont get the consumer base that each deserve as all the gamers will be spread amongst them and all trying to level up.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (1,260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Bulletstorm isn't for me tried the demo just couldn't get on with it. Killzone 3 im definatley getting played the beta and was impressed, just awaiting the single player demo later. Then Crysis 2 i think i may give that a go it looks amazing and it sounds like the developers have been squeezing out all the power that they can from the PS3 I just hope it gets a decent review.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28 (1,253 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Homefront going to be a sleep which holds a small online

Killzone 3 going to die fast as it aiming for a area of the market already done. And people are going to leave that game quick

Crysis 2 is a big enough name it could hold the most people it a mix of shooters sooo could do quite well. As long EA put out ads and people talk about it.

Bulletstorm sadly going to do what homefront going to do. That said it going to get good reviews
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (1,251 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Homefront is not out till 18th march according to play.com

Saying that i liked the bulletstorm demo, so it might be that or KZ3

Crysis and homefront i'll have to see till i can actually play em 1st before i buy,but looking good for the FPS this year

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28 (1,247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

nerdlegend wrote:

Bulletstorm sadly going to do what homefront going to do. That said it going to get good reviews

I don't believe that Bulletstorm has a competitive online mode, co op and online leaderboards only. So if a friend has it there should be no bother :smileyvery-happy:

This is what i'll be getting for some co op goodness with my friends. Homefront does look interesting , not sure about it though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28 (1,236 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

am getting killzone 3 for sure but not sure about the others yet! Dint enjoy bullet storm, crysis the multiplayer I've seen so far doesn't impress me that much, might pick it up if the sp is good! As for homefront really like what I've seen so far of the mp, so I really hope it does well because it looks promising!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (1,217 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Killzone 3 - Doesn't intrest me
Homefront - Not heard much about it
Bulletstorm - Am I the only one that sees that this game will be in the bargain bin within 2-3 months
CRYSIS 2 - OMG, OMG, OMG I MUST OWN THIS GAME
Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (1,079 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

traded Blackflops today.

not getting selloutzone of duty3

Bulletstorm not bothered

Crysis, no screenshots, no game play on PS3 no buy you ignorant gits at Crytek.

Homefront for me I think, maybe a sleper hit that builds a fan base.

Tide me over until the Return of the Messiah in Resistance3!!

Follow gulfy on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28 (1,058 Views)
0 Kudos