03 Sep 2010
By Romeo1
Playstation Staff

Duke Nukem Forever Lives

49 Replies 1,217 Views Created 03-09-2010

this site http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1118207p1.html give the info that i amout to show you

After nearly 13 years of development time, Duke Nukem Forever is nearing completion.

The game was on display at the Penny Arcade Expo this weekend in Seattle. Texas-based Gearbox Software confirmed they are finishing development of the title. Studio president Randy Pitchford said during a presentation the game is in the polishing stages, and is coming in 2011 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

First announced in 1997, Duke Nukem Forever was originally planned as a sequel to the 1996 hit Duke Nukem 3D. Since then, however, the game has famously suffered from continuous development delays, leading many to wonder if Duke would ever see the light of day.

For nearly a decade not much was seen or heard about the project until things began to heat up in May 2009 when rumors surfaced of 3D Realms' closure. That same month, publisher Take-Two filed a lawsuit against 3D Realms/Apogee Ltd for breach of contract.

Studio co-founder George Broussard soon spoke out saying that due to a lack of funding, the Duke Nukem Forever team was let go, but 3D Realms would remain open in a much smaller capacity. A courtersuit claim was filed against Take-Two a month later.

The lawsuit and countersuit were finally settled this past June, paving the way for the game to be released. Duke Nukem Forever again made headlines last month when rumors began that Gearbox Software had taken over control of the game to finish it.

IGN is on the show floor playing the game right now. We'll be posting our impressions later today.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 50 (1,217 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Duke Nukem Forever Lives

It does more than live, it's even been reviewed!!!!11111one2

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1968-Viewers-Choice-Duke-Nukem-Forever

PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 50 (1,209 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

DrTrouserPlank wrote:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1968-Viewers-Choice-Duke-Nukem-Forever

F***ing, t**t slinging H*ll, beat me to it. Thats the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 50 (1,190 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

ill believe it when i see it actually on the store shelves :Lol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 50 (1,155 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Hmmm? So out goes the old Duke Nukem feel and in comes a Borderlands/Bioshock game in Duke Nukem clothing...

No thanks! :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 50 (1,093 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Sjthjs wrote:

DrTrouserPlank wrote:

F***ing, t**t slinging H*ll, beat me to it. Thats the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread

I don't see why people like his reviews, he's a total *****.

Ontopic: Sadly from what I've seen is that despite it's 13 year development it looks like another generic FPS. Can't see me buying it on release day, probably pick it up second hand when it's £20

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 50 (1,090 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

How many decades till the release then? xD

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 50 (1,062 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I sure hope so
Case: Corsair Carbide 500r/MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/CPU: i5 2500k/GPU: XFX HD7950 DD/Cooling: Corsair H80/Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB/PSU: Corsair HX850w / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+250GB Samsung Evo/Audio: Asus Xonar DS/Corsair Vengeance 1500
Steam-shankly1985 - Psn-shankly1985
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 50 (1,053 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Well if Alan Wake, and perhaps even GT5, can eventually see the light of day, then this game's 'vapourware' record should be safe enough to finally make an appearance.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 50 (1,045 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

rancidpunk wrote:
Well if Alan Wake, and perhaps even GT5, can eventually see the light of day, then this game's 'vapourware' record should be safe enough to finally make an appearance.

Hey, a game can only be classed as Vapourware if they've been given multiple release dates. GT5 was only given one, and it looks to be meeting that one :smileywink:

On the topic. I'm not sure how I feel, I'll definitely be buying this game, but it'll also be the end of gaming's greatest legend. I'm not holding out for the game to be brilliant or anything like that, but it just has to be bought.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 50 (1,013 Views)
0 Kudos