Games: War & Shoot 'Em Ups

War & Shoot 'Em Ups: General

War & Shoot 'Em Ups: General

Level 3

Re: Homefront

MrFl1bbl3 wrote:

Can't understand how this is laggy for you with dedicated servers in use?

I have a below 50% signal strength wireless connection and haven't experienced any lag at all and I'm now past rank 60. I've also never had my stats reset tho and I've seen some people reporting that too.

However on games like Blops and (to a lesser degree) KZ3 I can experience lag so its not that I'm immune to it.

The servers can still freeze your PS3 and you can still end up in half empty lobbies but this is happening a hell of a lot less now. Yesterday I tried to enter MP twice and both times it connected to a game first time and I could play numerous games on the trot without any problems. If people are finding this laggy then god knows what, well every other game out there is like for them.

I'd recommend the MP to anyone who enjoys FPS' but with the sidenote that the SP is short and very average and you'll need to have some patience whilst they refine the server/lobby system.

I was actually talking tosh there as it wasn't lag it was frame rate issues, sorry my bad slight tipsy last night.

On another note, i noticed on MW2 that my Nat Type is now moderate where as before it was open. I'll have to look into that!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 641 of 773 (432 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

So you've returned HF (for the second time) because of 'frame rate issues' and current server unreliability and you're now playing MW2..... cause that's not a total, unbalanced mess that the devs never even tried to sort out is it.....!?

Your cred just took a knock tbh

Please use plain text.
Message 642 of 773 (416 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

The Homefront Twitter page has reported that a patch has gone live on 360. So PS3 should be soon.
Please use plain text.
Message 643 of 773 (385 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

MrFl1bbl3 wrote:

So you've returned HF (for the second time) because of 'frame rate issues' and current server unreliability and you're now playing MW2..... cause that's not a total, unbalanced mess that the devs never even tried to sort out is it.....!?

Your cred just took a knock tbh

Hang on a sec, who are you again? I've been playing online MP games for the last 12 years m8 so don't come here trying to be smart! And yes the game has certain frame rate issues which is probably normal for the size of the game and what is going on at the time. The main problem with this game are the lobby's and the freezing when trying to click into a MP mode, and you think that is ok?

And MW2 is bad? that's your opinion isn't it but it isn't mine. If you want i can say i was playing CS:smileyfrustrated: last night, you ever played that? probably not and that's where credibility lies.....

Please use plain text.
Message 644 of 773 (359 Views)
0 Kudos

Can we settle down here and refrain from the personal insults? ta.
Please use plain text.
Message 645 of 773 (346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

hmmmmm i want my ps3 patch! come on kaos! Shouldnt be too long as most engineers are responsable for both consoles not just one. Depends if they using low lying hardware tools to fix the freeze or not or maybe they just pushed it too far and thats what caused the issues in the first place. I still cant comprehend why the lobby system is so broken....for dedicated servers it doesnt make sence to behave that way.

Ill keep my eye on their facebook as always and pray for the patch soon!
Please use plain text.
Message 646 of 773 (337 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Yaster wrote:
Can we settle down here and refrain from the personal insults? ta.

Trouble is Yas i've been slightly burned with Kaos Studios last attempt at a MP online game. They did not heed to their online community and subsequently it went belly up. I see the same happening with this latest effort even though it does have certain qualites.

Please use plain text.
Message 647 of 773 (331 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

@AfxBGD - I'm with you on this (not COD - cant stand it). There is a good game hiding under all the server issues which is the only reason I still have it. 1 in 5 games works well for me with no hit detection issues, frame rate, lag, freeze, etc and then it is really enjoyable. But the other 4 games can be a frustrating mash of bullets not hitting targets even from close range, lag where players are warping or just appear and disappear then shoot me, freezes, etc.

Lag is possible, even with dedicated servers - it just depends where the server is that you connect to. Check your connection strength. Some games mine is always red and the game is virtually unplayable. Possibly means I have been dumped into a server on the opposite side of the planet - how else can I be sharing a server almost totally populated with Yanks if I'm in an EU server? If I quit the games with poor connection and reconnect - if I dont end up in an empty lobby - my connection generally goes green and I'm playing with Europeans.

Last night things seemed better - didnt end up in any empty lobbies and connection was good and didnt hear a Yank accent all night... OK I need to brush up on my French or German to join in the chat - but the game behaved until I froze and had to restart but got straight back into another in-progress game with good connection.

If they fix the server and freezing issues this could still be one of the better MP games going currently, if not I feel it will fade away - which would be a shame.

Juby1
Please use plain text.
Message 648 of 773 (292 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

If you still enjoy MW2 and don't think its an unbalanced, glitchy mess, with horrid connections/lag  and which encourages people to play it in the cheapest of ways then keep on playing it tbh!

... and to complain about HF's supposed frame rate issues whilst happily playing MW2 is inconsistent to say the least.......

Without trying to be 'smart' or insulting its obvious that if you enjoy MW2 then we are very different gamers with different tastes! If you don't like HF, fine don't play it but don't feel the need to come on the forum to bash it daily, that just seems like borderline trolling tbh.

P.S. I used to PC game and yes I've played Counter Strike..... tbh I've played online longer than 12 years not that it means anything. 

Please use plain text.
Message 649 of 773 (290 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

MrFl1bbl3 wrote:

If you still enjoy MW2 and don't think its an unbalanced, glitchy mess, with horrid connections/lag  and which encourages people to play it in the cheapest of ways then keep on playing it tbh!

... and to complain about HF's supposed frame rate issues whilst happily playing MW2 is inconsistent to say the least.......

Without trying to be 'smart' or insulting its obvious that if you enjoy MW2 then we are very different gamers with different tastes! If you don't like HF, fine don't play it but don't feel the need to come on the forum to bash it daily, that just seems like borderline trolling tbh.

P.S. I used to PC game and yes I've played Counter Strike..... tbh I've played online longer than 12 years not that it means anything. 

Jesus man calm down! where the hell did i say i don't like HF? i haven't said that have i, i'm clearly stating the fact that the game has issues and if Kaos don't act then the community will die just as Front Lines did a few years back.

The game is fun once you get the bloody thing going. Yes it's unpolished, yes there is frame rate issues, lag, hit detection but that's normal for a just released game. It's the freezing on the MP menu or the lack of players in lobby's that's slightly annoying! And like juby has stated if you get into a server it's full of Americans.

As for MW2, well that's a game i'll probably pop onto when i have nothing better to do. It's mindless fun and not at all like you have stated. It's just been patched again but you wouldn't know because your too blinkered on what you know from when it was released. Maybe have another go of the game before you bash it.

As for stating you have been playing online longer, well it seems your just wanting to get a word in edge ways doesn't it. And if you have been gaming online longer that leads me to believe your in your 30's like me? If you are then can we stop the negative childish remarks?

Oh and one more thing i'm a BF player not a CoD player.

Please use plain text.
Message 650 of 773 (269 Views)
0 Kudos