15 Apr 2012

Playstation Staff

Star Wars Battlefront 3

5 Replies 212 Views Created 15-04-2012

I have played and own Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 for PC and PS2. they are awesome!:smileylol: I would love it if u made SWB3 for ps3. I would buy it right away! I have been waiting for SWB3 ever since I first played SWB2. If u agree comment, or comment just to share ur opinion. GO STAR WARS!!!:Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (212 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3

yeh i loved star wars battlefront 2 it was amazing , mainly the space battles i wish there was more games that had these big space battles like seen in battlefront 2 just flying around and into the enemy hangar was so amazing :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

May I recommend the soon to be released Starhawk? I too had both of the Ps2 Battlefront games and absolutely loved them. I have been waiting for Battlefront 3 since but with Spark Unlimited's (the suspected developer) announcement that they were NOT working on Battlefront 3, but on Lost Planet 3, I have given up hope.

We'll just have to remember the happy memories...

Starhawk though seems fairly similar to Battlefront with some changes like the obvious fact that it isn't in a Star Wars setting.

I know there are psp versions of Battlefront which I can play on the Vita but I'm not too sure on them.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Old news now but I've only just seen this thread.

carston101 wrote:

I have played and own Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 for PC and PS2. they are awesome!:smileylol: I would love it if u made SWB3 for ps3. I would buy it right away! I have been waiting for SWB3 ever since I first played SWB2. If u agree comment, or comment just to share ur opinion. GO STAR WARS!!!:Thumbs:

Well you would have been playing it now made by Free Radical/Crytek UK and maybe even Battlefront 4 if greedy LucusArts didn't scrap them! :smileysad:

As a result of the crumbling relationship between the two companies, Battlefront 3 and 4 were both scrapped. However, while the latter barely progressed beyond the early tech stage, Battlefront 3 was in a near-complete state. 

http://www.psu.com/Star-Wars-Battlefront-3-was-in-development-at-Free-Radical--a015145-p0.php

And to think Battlfront 3 was just going through final testing stages before going gold as well. So, so sad :Shame:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Come to the LucasArts forums and in particular the 'Star Wars Battlefront III Speculation' thread that started in 2005 and is 1190 pages long and has 11,893 replies :smileytongue:

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (118 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I think there's something in the works for this game. I think if nothing is announced this year which I don't think there will be I'll be looking at e3 2013 and maybe it being on next gen maybe?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (108 Views)
0 Kudos