22 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Starhawk or Ghost Recon FS?

16 Replies 566 Views Created 22-05-2012

Hey all...

I think this friday/weekend i am going to be hit with the most difficult of situations....

Do i get Starhawk or do i go for GRFS?

For once i am actually stuck, i dont know what to go for!

Played both at game fest, loved em both... Played GRFS Beta loved it!

So i ask you guys to help me out!

Please let me know the following (to the best that you can):

Value for money?

Single player strength?

Clan/team support online?

Graphics?

Best place to buy from?

Anything else?

I hope for some feed back and i will post my decision up when it has been made!

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (566 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk or Ghost Recon FS?

I really can't tell you which one to get due to "To his/her own taste" but here are my opinions on the questions you asked:

Value for money?:

Starhawk: You get a ton for your money here. For 60 bucks you get modes like TDM, DM, Zones (Kinda like conquest on BF3), CTF with a total of 5 maps (correct me if I am wrong). Don't let the 5 maps thing be a "no-buy" decision. They are already working on map packs which will all be FREE and every battle is different due to the build and battle system. Customizable games down to the last crumb, Insane clan support, ect. Alot of bang for your buck in this game. It also has campaign and co-op

GRFS: A tactical (per-say) Third person shooter. It wasn't what I was expecting due to the previous games but the online is fun. The Gunsmith is innovative imo and should be used as an example in future coming games. You get Conflict (random objectives with respawn), Sabuteor(sp?) (Like CTF with respawn), Decoy (3 objectives and 1 holds a key. Get 2/3 keys to win with respawn) and a no-respawn type mode (this is where it feels somewhat like Socom). It has single player campaign, co-op campaign, Guerilla Mode (Horde Mode), and Online Multiplayer.

Single player strength?

Starhawk: I would give it a 7.5/10. It's not meant to be a campaign type game. It's just in there as a filler to introduce you to the multiplayer

GRFS: Again a 7.5/10. It could have been more but it wasn't the best of shooter campaigns.

Clan/team support online?:

Starhawk: Here is where it shines. The clan support for this game is phenominal. I haven't seen clan support like this since my days of socom. Reminds me more of a guild system built into a shooter. A definite pro in my book

GRFS: Not as good as starhawk's clan support but again it has the features that a clan needs in order to function properly without having to refer to Third Party Sites.

Graphics?:

Starhawk: I would say a 8.5/10. Nothing new when it comes to console graphics but nothing like the copy-and-paste dynamics that CoD uses. I was actually impressed by the range of which you can see things. For example: If I fire a rocket from one side of the map, then I can see it explode at the very opposite side.

GRFS: I cannot comment on this yet because I think there is a bug where it shows the game in a lower resolution. Nothing game breaking like some other games I won't mention (*ahem* Brink *ahem*) but still, I will give it time for a patch to come through

Best place to buy from?: Dunno, gamestop maybe? I live in the US so I don't know what kind of stores are in EU

Anything else?: Imo, I can't say which game is better. GRFS has that socom feel which I have been having withdrawls for years lol but all in all I would have to say get Starhawk. The dev team is amazing. They care about their community so much that they decided to release all map packs for free so the community wouldn't be split up upon each new map. Since Sony themselves are sponsering the game, you can bet the patches will move up to the top of the list to get sent out (but that's a guess). Hope my info influences your decision some :Smile:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (536 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

i would get none
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel® Core™ i7-990x (3.46GHz, 12MB, 6.4GT/sec)
English Genuine Windows® 8 64 BIT
Dual 6GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX Titan
6144MB (3x2GB) 1866MHz DDR3 Tri Channel
512GB Solid State Drive Raid 0 "Stripe" Dual HDD - (2x256GB)
256GB Solid State SATA Additional Drive
Blu-Ray RW (Blu-ray, DVD, CD read & write) & 24X DVD+/-RW
Killer™ 2100 Network Card
Soundblaster XFi Titanium PCIe card

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (532 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I would check out Metacritic as well. Quite a lot of people saying that they are enjoying the game and that the online is fun. Just stay away from the official Ubi/Ghost Recon forums because it's full of trolls all slating the game.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (530 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

And I'd recommend Starhawk because it's made by a company who are likely to actually provide support if and when things go wrong.

Ubisoft don't fix problems. They break working aspects of the game when people complain about something broken, then say "too late, we're working on a sequel" 3 months after promising a new patch to fix the problems that hadn't been there on release.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (502 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I would go with Ghost Recon mate.

I got the full game yesterday and it is awesome.

The campaign has been excellent so far, im about 4 missions in. The multiplayer is very tactical and very enjoyable. The Guerilla mode which is basically a Horde style mode is great fun and puts a lot of other Horde modes from other games to shame.

All in all im very impressed with Ghost Recon so far and can see myself playing it for a long time.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I just traded in a few games towards GR:FS. One of the games traded was Star Hawk. I enjoyed Starhawk, but I'm hardly playing it, & I wasn't fussed on the map or the overall gameplay. I still recommend people to play it. Warhawk never grabbed me either, it';s just not my thing.

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (479 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

only thing Starhawk does better is the horde mode, then rest Ghost recon is the best from miles away. if you dont believe check from another source that isnt here for unbiased-not-fanboy reviews and opinions.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (351 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I have both games and personally would recommend GRFS for better value for money, the single player is way better as is the multiplayer.

I have given up on the starhawk multiplayer do to the spawn killing etc. It just got so annoying. I have not been able to put away GRFS yet, i find it that much fun.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (345 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

ghost recon future solider is excellent apart from the developers that failed the private p2p only for co op and single player

the multiplayer is a blast and the weapon upgrades are ace were you can change everything on that gun throgh upgrades

multiplayer is based on working as a team player and using stealth tactics as if you run and gun like i did for the first 3 matches you`ll be killed in a matter of seconds

story looks brillant so far

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (328 Views)
0 Kudos