92%
01 Rank
Progress

FEATURE/SERVICE REQUEST: PlayStation Store available online/mobile

3 Replies 151 Views Created 04-07-2012
04 Jul 2012
By WondAbrar

Hi guys

I tried to do a quick search but couldn't seem to find any answers.

FEATURE REQUEST - Purchase games/DLC/media/etc. via PC browser and/or mobile app/browser

Given how platforms like Android allow you to browse the market online via a browser and make purchases that initiate a download on your device, is there any chance something similar could be integrated into the PlayStation website/mobile?

For instance, if I hear about a new DLC/Game, I can find it, pay for it and know that (if my PS3's turned on) when I get home/off the toilet/out of my partner, my desired content will be downloaded or downloading on my device. If my PS3 isn't on, I could activate it, go to the kitchen to make some food and come back to find everything ready without having to browse to the content on the PS3.

Whilst the store interface is good, I still find navigating such menus is much easier through a PC with access to a keyboard and mouse. It also allows me to query a specific title for the public's general opinion on it.

Furthermore, I have the convenience to "shop" from a mobile device when I may be travelling/commuting etc.

Are there any plans to support this in the future?

Thanks

Abrar 

:manvery-happy:

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

GraphiteGB

• MVP
98%
05 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Playstation store was removed from PC when the PSN store went from HTML to restricted software license technology. It became unmanageable with the 22 different PSN shops locations and all the location content changes that this had, this was why the store changed to application based code not HTML. 

It will not be returning was the last word from SCE due to the security only offered buy an application 

Even a content list of the 22 EU stores was removed.

Sony use restricted software technology in the mobile store for PSP that's why the mobile store is an application only coded for windows, these libraries don't exist for Mac or linux .

PS3 and PS vita are both Wifi G enabled and don't need it for Downloading. The PSP was not wifi G. 

The choice to have a Bad ISP at home is a choice the user makes, you can MOVE the PS3 to another location if you need better broadband.

The PS3/4 will become the Download hub at a later date.

With plans for Mobile. PS vita and Tablets software all Downloading on the PS3/4 itself.

This hub usage was planned to remove you from the normal PC usage and to get you in front the HDTV instead more.  

Also most Work Internet setup will have a filter to Block ports and web sites they don't use, this will stop Playstation store content from verifying payment. Even mobiles/Iphones have already had this problem editing account data. This was because of the filtering put on some networks. 

The solution is applications on approved devices to trigger remoteplay on the PS3. 

What could happen is that the SCE PSN store app from Android will be converted to IOS as the SCE PSN android store, is an application ,which allows access to PSN content.

These devices don't have remote play like the PS vita or PSP yet.

Remote play will wake the PS3 allow navigation to the PSN store, on the PS3 and download the content on PS3 via your actions.  

IF Sony allows Android and IOS remote play. You will just have to buy the Correct device to remote control the PS3...

0 Kudos

Re: FEATURE/SERVICE REQUEST: PlayStation Store available online/mobile

[ Edited ]
SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
94%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Wifi G?

Are you talking about B/G/N connection types?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

GraphiteGB

• MVP
98%
05 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

strangeplaice wrote:
Wifi G?

Are you talking about B/G/N connection types?

Yes,

but you missed a few out Wifi is available in A,B,G,N, N+, AC (The new 1Gb/s Wifi standard)

wifi G is Fast enough for the average BT broadband connection. posting all the speeds enabled for each device will just confuse the reader but you got me do it any way.

PS3 can have a Wifi gaming addapter added to ethernet port for above Wifi G speeds.

PS Vita has up to Wifi N which is over Kill for UK broadband.

PSP only has Wifi B.   

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel