16 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Mozilla - Keep signing in!

[ Edited ]
13 Replies 365 Views edited 16-06-2012

How many times do I have to sign into this website before it saves my info and I don't have to anymore?

I am using Mozilla Firefox and it saves my info on all the other websites I sign into, except this one. It's been going on for a long time now and I haven't complained about it until now, as it gets really irritating having to put in my long email and password everytime.

---

"Even after the darkest of nights, morning always comes."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (365 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Mozilla - Keep signing in!

Do you have this problem with just this forum? Might want to check some of yoru settings.

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (341 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Clean out Cookies manualy.

This means moving the profile data folder to a new folder manualy and allowing Firefox to create a new Profile folder.

You must not use cookie Syncing service either as it will Download the same damaged cookie.

If the cookie for this site is curupted it may not allow perminant changes.

You dont list Which OS or Which version of Firefox you are running?

So can't tell you were this folder is.  

Also just recently autofill was disabled for PSN login on web sites ( Like Most bank sites ). So you now have to fill that in manualy every time when you login.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (335 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

It's version 13.0.1 of Firefox. It happens with just this forum and other PSN websites. But it has been going on for a long time, so it musn't be that autofill that has recently been implemented.

---

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-third-party-cookies?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Di...

Make sure that one of the fire fox updates has not reset your third party cookie setting.

Follow those instructions but in reverse to turn third party cookies back on.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (322 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I have done that but the problem still persists. It signs me out of the PSN websites everytime I close the browser, but not when I close the specific webpage itself and have another open.

---

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (318 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Are you sure Firefox is not set to delete cookies upon closing the browser?
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (314 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

No, it just deletes cookies for the PSN websites only whenever I close the browser. :/

---

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (308 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

One small point, have you tested Chrome browser, yet to check for Firewall/virus app blocks on cookie data yet..

Spoiler

Time to Remove the profile folder to a new location and try again.

For Windows users.
On Windows systems, the default location of the profile folder containing your user data is under the "Application Data" folder in Windows XP and below or under the "AppData\Roaming" folder in Windows Vista and above. In Windows 2000 and above, these folders are hidden. To find your profile folder in Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7:
Press [Windows Key]+[R] → Type in %APPDATA% → click OK
A Windows Explorer window will open, showing the contents of the C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data folder (Windows 2000 and XP) or the C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming folder (Windows Vista and 7). You can then open successive folders until you get to the profile folder.
If you want to browse to the default profile folder locations for Windows 2000 or later you will need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders in your Windows Folder Options. You can also search for specific files in your profile folder using Windows Search. In Windows 2000 you must first enable viewing of hidden files and folders; in Windows XP and Vista, you must enable searching for hidden files and folders in the Search tool itself.

Once the folder has been removed, You load firefox and navigate directly to this site, you login ONLY to this site. navigate around then shut down the browser.  Then reopen the browser and Ta da you are logged in.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (305 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

The profile folder for Mozilla Firefox, correct?

---

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (302 Views)
0 Kudos