16 Apr 2008
Playstation Staff

SCEE - a track record of laziness and incompetence.

[ Edited ]
1,366 Replies 17,655 Views edited 16-04-2008

It's time for Sony Europe to finally sort out their act, particularly in regards to their EU online service and store.

EU customers are getting a far inferior service to their US counterparts, and it's time for this to change.

*The store content has been repeatedly delayed, to the point where some content promised has never been released. There is evidence that some content gets handed to SCEE and is delayed for no apparent reason. The old 'localisation and translation' argument is moot. Super Puzzle Fighter was released globally on the 360, and in the US on PS3. The EU version is yet to appear. Also, are you telling me that Everyday Shooter needed translating? Are you telling me that that game needed checking to see if it met every country's ratings system? Then there are delayed patches for games which the EU gets late. We still don't have the poker webcam patch, despite the fact that it has already been submitted to SCEE weeks ago. Every week we see the EU store fall further and further behind the US one.

Every week is more reason why we should cheat and use the US store, which breaks the terms and conditions agreement, and leaves us open to all kinds of problems should something go wrong with our playstation.

Give us content at the same time as US gamers.

*The revamped store has also been grossly mismanaged for the EU. It's like SCEE took hold of what SCEA passed them, and all the functionality was ripped out. Why are images so slow to load? Why are the catagories so badly organised compared to the US store? Why can't we have video previews likey the US do? Give us the same store functionality as the US.

*The forums were taken down for a whole week so that a new forum could be implemented. I've never heard of a forum taking so long to switch over to a new system. And for what? A messy, ugly, buggy forum with half the functionality of the old one.

*SCEA set up the official blog, which has contributions from high end members of the US Sony team and their top developers. Europe have to make do with Threespeech, a blog run by a third party marketing company that provides patchy communication with gamers, and struggles to get any information out of Sony at all. They often don't even reveal what's on the store (if anything) until AFTER the store has been updated. I have NEVER seen any exclusive information on this site. GIVE US A PROPER BLOG!

We are receiving a poor service from SCEE, and it's time that some of the top people were fired and replaced with people who actually know what they are doing. It's time that European gamers were given a proper online service like their US counterparts. Sony Europe's approach to online play is messy, disorganised, poorly managed and disrespectful to gamers who have, in some cases, given thousands of pounds per head to Sony over the years.

Message Edited by Kung_Fu_Russ on 16-04-2008 09:00 AM
http://lbp.me/v/srfpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1,367 (17,655 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: SCEE - a track record of laziness and incompetence.

Great post.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 1,367 (17,648 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I agree, lets keep this post bumped up, and all negativity in here... If we are trying to be heard, its best this way.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 1,367 (17,638 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I fully agree with the OP... I don't see the reason for Europe always getting shafted, especially as we are better buyers of their product than the US...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 1,367 (17,622 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Some good points, but, the forum was down for a week, not 2 weeks.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 1,367 (17,623 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Great post, please bumb to keep this thread alive.

I would be interested to know what the real reasons are behind the EU delays and why the store is simply not as good as the US version

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 1,367 (17,617 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sorry, goodfella1, you are correct. I've changed the post accordingly. I'm so annoyed right now, I felt the need to post this rant. Sony are sluggish as it is with in-game xmb, the launch of home and so on, but to be even worse off as a customer in the EU is just shocking. I'm so tired of SCEE and it's excuses. What's next - EU gets Home a year after the US? No XMB until 2010? How long will we have to wait for the likes of Bionic Commando Rearmed, Wipeout HD and Echochrome while the US is enjoying these games?
http://lbp.me/v/srfpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 1,367 (17,608 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sadly I don't think the situation will ever change. It seems SCEE live in their own little world oblivious to the issues their customers complain about.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 1,367 (17,596 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

BUMP
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 1,367 (17,587 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah it's terrible we get treated soo badly. If it wasn't for Europe the PS3 wouldn't be doing as well as it is now. It's a shame this is how they thank us.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 1,367 (17,589 Views)
0 Kudos