Problem Solved

View Original Post
16 Apr 2008
By Kung_Fu_Russ

Kung_Fu_Russ

80%
02 Rank
Progress

SCEE - a track record of laziness and incompetence.

[ Edited ]
1,366 Replies 17,852 Views edited 16-04-2008
16 Apr 2008
By Kung_Fu_Russ

It's time for Sony Europe to finally sort out their act, particularly in regards to their EU online service and store.

EU customers are getting a far inferior service to their US counterparts, and it's time for this to change.

*The store content has been repeatedly delayed, to the point where some content promised has never been released. There is evidence that some content gets handed to SCEE and is delayed for no apparent reason. The old 'localisation and translation' argument is moot. Super Puzzle Fighter was released globally on the 360, and in the US on PS3. The EU version is yet to appear. Also, are you telling me that Everyday Shooter needed translating? Are you telling me that that game needed checking to see if it met every country's ratings system? Then there are delayed patches for games which the EU gets late. We still don't have the poker webcam patch, despite the fact that it has already been submitted to SCEE weeks ago. Every week we see the EU store fall further and further behind the US one.

Every week is more reason why we should cheat and use the US store, which breaks the terms and conditions agreement, and leaves us open to all kinds of problems should something go wrong with our playstation.

Give us content at the same time as US gamers.

*The revamped store has also been grossly mismanaged for the EU. It's like SCEE took hold of what SCEA passed them, and all the functionality was ripped out. Why are images so slow to load? Why are the catagories so badly organised compared to the US store? Why can't we have video previews likey the US do? Give us the same store functionality as the US.

*The forums were taken down for a whole week so that a new forum could be implemented. I've never heard of a forum taking so long to switch over to a new system. And for what? A messy, ugly, buggy forum with half the functionality of the old one.

*SCEA set up the official blog, which has contributions from high end members of the US Sony team and their top developers. Europe have to make do with Threespeech, a blog run by a third party marketing company that provides patchy communication with gamers, and struggles to get any information out of Sony at all. They often don't even reveal what's on the store (if anything) until AFTER the store has been updated. I have NEVER seen any exclusive information on this site. GIVE US A PROPER BLOG!

We are receiving a poor service from SCEE, and it's time that some of the top people were fired and replaced with people who actually know what they are doing. It's time that European gamers were given a proper online service like their US counterparts. Sony Europe's approach to online play is messy, disorganised, poorly managed and disrespectful to gamers who have, in some cases, given thousands of pounds per head to Sony over the years.

Message Edited by Kung_Fu_Russ on 16-04-2008 09:00 AM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
http://lbp.me/v/srfpg
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gorfuc

88%
03 Rank
Progress
gorfuc
Accepted Solution

before anyone mentions it, i know i'm moaning about the moaning but well, what can i say :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Re: SCEE - a track record of laziness and incompetence.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

needlessjason

60%
02 Rank
Progress
needlessjason
Accepted Solution
It's just that after a year of keeping quiet I have had it, and don't see why I should have to put up with being a second rate member. And Krisham when I go on about them getting the games early and how we just had GT5P early and MGO, what I am saying is they should of had it to. Lets all get treated the same.
Message Edited by needlessjason on 16-04-2008 10:53 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SlickShoes

91%
04 Rank
Progress
SlickShoes
Accepted Solution

gorfuc wrote:
call me weired but i can't believe people moan about something so small, it's hardly a big deal i life or do people just love to moan. surely you have bigger problems in your life, if you do and you still moan about a playstation store then you must just moan about everything.
Just because it seems trivial doesn't mean we shouldnt moan about it though.  Everyone has problems in there life and things they do for leisure working properly and being enjoyable would make those bigger problems seem a lot less annoying : )
0 Kudos

PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Worst_Enemy

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Worst_Enemy
Accepted Solution
Couldnt agree more with the OP.

Worst_Enemy

:)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Glitch321

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Glitch321
Accepted Solution
@ reakt,

Good post but i think you are wrong about the store navigation. I found the old store easier to navigate than the new one. I don't think alot of time and effort went into it. Maybe the US counterpart had time + effort but not ours.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Buubar

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Buubar
Accepted Solution
I agree with this fully, get your act together Sony. :/
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Akira_Tenshi

82%
04 Rank
Progress
Akira_Tenshi
Accepted Solution
Bla bla bla. Yes thats all true but what you going to do?  I't dosen't matter how many times people moan in the forums nothing is going to change unless Sony  feel its  for the best. I know it looks unfair to us but im sure theres a reason why Europe gets less. I think we will see improvements in time just try to be a little more positive. There isn't a **bleep** thing we can do about it.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

flipkick661

68%
05 Rank
Progress
flipkick661
Accepted Solution

Bla bla bla. Yes thats all true but what you going to do?  I't dosen't matter how many times people moan in the forums nothing is going to change unless Sony  feel its  for the best. I know it looks unfair to us but im sure theres a reason why Europe gets less. I think we will see improvements in time just try to be a little more positive. There isn't a **bleep** thing we can do about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the exact attitude that will ensure no action will be taken. The fact that we, as consumers, express our disappointment towards the lack of service, makes it more likely that we will be heard, and a solution will be found.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

UnrealBombSquad

60%
02 Rank
Progress
UnrealBombSquad
Accepted Solution

Akira_Tenshi wrote:
It wouldnt hurt to try would it ?
0 Kudos

!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

poultee

60%
02 Rank
Progress
poultee
Accepted Solution

Got to agree with the point of the store, don't really understand why the categories are so different to the US one, and the lack of a preview button is a shame seeing as though it was hailed as one of the many new features coming.

However I don't really understand your point about the forums? It took a while to get used to them and now i prefer them to the old one, I guess some people are just hooked on the past and don't like change?

In-game xmb has been stated as coming in firmware 2.4 so everyone can stop moaning about that, unless it dosent come in which case then everyone can complain, but I dont even think SCEE are entirely responsible for firmware as its totally worldwide and released at the same time in every region. Correct me if im wrong though.

I just hope that witht the new store we start to get a better amount of content, and it looks like good stuff is coming, Europe getting a free MGO beta unline the US where you have to preorder the game to get the code.  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

UnrealBombSquad

60%
02 Rank
Progress
UnrealBombSquad
Accepted Solution

poultee wrote:

Got to agree with the point of the store, don't really understand why the categories are so different to the US one, and the lack of a preview button is a shame seeing as though it was hailed as one of the many new features coming.

However I don't really understand your point about the forums? It took a while to get used to them and now i prefer them to the old one, I guess some people are just hooked on the past and don't like change?

In-game xmb has been stated as coming in firmware 2.4 so everyone can stop moaning about that, unless it dosent come in which case then everyone can complain, but I dont even think SCEE are entirely responsible for firmware as its totally worldwide and released at the same time in every region. Correct me if im wrong though.

I just hope that witht the new store we start to get a better amount of content, and it looks like good stuff is coming, Europe getting a free MGO beta unline the US where you have to preorder the game to get the code.  

I agree with you, but in game xmb is said to be released in summer, we dont know which part of summer though as they may go to firmware like 2.31 etc, but Im not really bothered about that I can wait for that if it is going to be good. You say that we get better amount of content, I think the only reason were getting this content is because we havent had any since two weeks, I agree the MGO beta will be great but I can only take stuff like that with a pinch of salt.
0 Kudos

!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smiffy2k7

68%
02 Rank
Progress
smiffy2k7
Accepted Solution
Bump:smileyhappy:
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Genki-Rocket

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Genki-Rocket
Accepted Solution
http://www.petitiononline.com/psstore/petition.html

I've created a petition to get Sony Europe to fix the playstation store - that is, use sensible categories like the American version...

PLEASE SIGN IT AND SHARE IT WITH EVERY GAMING SITE YOU CAN...

Many Thanks!!!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PaulieA

80%
02 Rank
Progress
PaulieA
Accepted Solution
well said that man!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Liquid-_-Snake

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Liquid-_-Snake
Accepted Solution

Ive always wanted to know why the UK and US stores get different content at different times its just not fair in my opinion. We have never had any

justification from SCEE regarding this matter.

0 Kudos

SCEE - a track record of laziness and incompetence.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

f1ronu

60%
02 Rank
Progress
f1ronu
Accepted Solution
Indeed.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frazer369

60%
02 Rank
Progress
frazer369
Accepted Solution
They do tke the p**s, they cant use home as an excuse, what happens when home is released is europe going to see the same treatment and disragard its faced with now. the biggist game consumer continunt and they cant seem to throw a feew more vids and demos onto the store it cant be that hard look at apples store. compare that store to the singstar store lol. it does seem to be lie after lie, with plenty of lazeness imbetween. the more they kick their feet up, the more potentiol customers they arte going to loss to the 360's obviosly superior network service. They got it good now with profit, but dont be the standard bank and real us in, then desert us.
0 Kudos

Life's to short, don't be bored playing world of war craft

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kung_Fu_Russ

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Kung_Fu_Russ
Accepted Solution
bumpo
0 Kudos

http://lbp.me/v/srfpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

foobar_666uk

84%
02 Rank
Progress
foobar_666uk
Accepted Solution

I totally agree with everything in here;

My most frustrating one was when the first COD4 patch came out, SCEA published it months before SCEE got round to doing it. I couldnt play my good friends in the USA for months...

Since then its gotten from bad to worse, and the new Store categories - who the hell can make sense of that? and wheres the game A-Z list? and video previews? and why is it soo slow, when the US dont have that problem??

I as many others feel that Sony is treating EU as second best to the US, when in fact, the EU is Sony's biggest market!! Dont get me wrong, I dont want preferential treatment because im in the EU, I just want the same as the US and JP!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Glitch321

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Glitch321
Accepted Solution
All i want is the same level of service as the US & JP. I don't think that's too much to ask for!.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dragonriderm

60%
02 Rank
Progress
dragonriderm
Accepted Solution

Glitch321 wrote:
All i want is the same level of service as the US & JP. I don't think that's too much to ask for!.
for some unfathomable reason there are some on this forum who would say we're in the wrong  for wanting just that.
i cant quite get my head round their logic though. 
0 Kudos

--------------------------------------
main psn id TheDragonRider

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=611&thread.id=2918&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

david reeves
"the first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even it didn't have games."

some ps3 owners have a track record of being sycophantic fanboys
| Playstation forum thread | Original article | Notepad file containing HTML code for sig' |
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel