Problem Solved

View Original Post
16 Apr 2008
By Kung_Fu_Russ

Kung_Fu_Russ

80%
02 Rank
Progress

SCEE - a track record of laziness and incompetence.

[ Edited ]
1,366 Replies 17,846 Views edited 16-04-2008
16 Apr 2008
By Kung_Fu_Russ

It's time for Sony Europe to finally sort out their act, particularly in regards to their EU online service and store.

EU customers are getting a far inferior service to their US counterparts, and it's time for this to change.

*The store content has been repeatedly delayed, to the point where some content promised has never been released. There is evidence that some content gets handed to SCEE and is delayed for no apparent reason. The old 'localisation and translation' argument is moot. Super Puzzle Fighter was released globally on the 360, and in the US on PS3. The EU version is yet to appear. Also, are you telling me that Everyday Shooter needed translating? Are you telling me that that game needed checking to see if it met every country's ratings system? Then there are delayed patches for games which the EU gets late. We still don't have the poker webcam patch, despite the fact that it has already been submitted to SCEE weeks ago. Every week we see the EU store fall further and further behind the US one.

Every week is more reason why we should cheat and use the US store, which breaks the terms and conditions agreement, and leaves us open to all kinds of problems should something go wrong with our playstation.

Give us content at the same time as US gamers.

*The revamped store has also been grossly mismanaged for the EU. It's like SCEE took hold of what SCEA passed them, and all the functionality was ripped out. Why are images so slow to load? Why are the catagories so badly organised compared to the US store? Why can't we have video previews likey the US do? Give us the same store functionality as the US.

*The forums were taken down for a whole week so that a new forum could be implemented. I've never heard of a forum taking so long to switch over to a new system. And for what? A messy, ugly, buggy forum with half the functionality of the old one.

*SCEA set up the official blog, which has contributions from high end members of the US Sony team and their top developers. Europe have to make do with Threespeech, a blog run by a third party marketing company that provides patchy communication with gamers, and struggles to get any information out of Sony at all. They often don't even reveal what's on the store (if anything) until AFTER the store has been updated. I have NEVER seen any exclusive information on this site. GIVE US A PROPER BLOG!

We are receiving a poor service from SCEE, and it's time that some of the top people were fired and replaced with people who actually know what they are doing. It's time that European gamers were given a proper online service like their US counterparts. Sony Europe's approach to online play is messy, disorganised, poorly managed and disrespectful to gamers who have, in some cases, given thousands of pounds per head to Sony over the years.

Message Edited by Kung_Fu_Russ on 16-04-2008 09:00 AM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
http://lbp.me/v/srfpg
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

needlessjason

60%
02 Rank
Progress
needlessjason
Accepted Solution
I've just sent my email to IGN, how long till my ban..............
0 Kudos

Re: SCEE - a track record of laziness and incompetence.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kung_Fu_Russ

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Kung_Fu_Russ
Accepted Solution
i doubt you would be banned for being a dissatisfied customer.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

UnrealBombSquad

60%
02 Rank
Progress
UnrealBombSquad
Accepted Solution
I think we should wait until the weekend for a reply from SCEE or something, as It would take some time to get the news all the way to the top.If we dont get a reply carry on or just let the topic die.
0 Kudos

!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kung_Fu_Russ

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Kung_Fu_Russ
Accepted Solution

I think everybody should keep ALL their anti-scee feelings IN THIS ONE THREAD!!!

People are creating multiple threads on the topic, which could be seen as spam, and is annoying many members of the forum.

OK, so we know the store will update today, and while we will get the Warhawk pack, I predict that we will still not get the poker webcam patch. We will also not get any more games that the US has had for ages, such as puzzlefighter and bowling. Then later tonight the US store will get something (or a number of things) that makes us feel even less well catered for. I predict they may even get Echochrome today, or Bionic COmmando. Either way, it's become so predictable that I can already sense that people will be grumbling.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

needlessjason

60%
02 Rank
Progress
needlessjason
Accepted Solution
Just to let you know the US store has allready got MGO beta on there, and has had an update of a sort. So here we go again............
Message Edited by needlessjason on 17-04-2008 09:52 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Glitch321

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Glitch321
Accepted Solution
I agree we should keep all the negative in this thread so it gets bigger and gets more attention. We really should e-mail SCEE with links to this thread aswell.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BlackCanary

75%
04 Rank
Progress
BlackCanary
Accepted Solution

Kung_Fu_Russ wrote:

I think everybody should keep ALL their anti-scee feelings IN THIS ONE THREAD!!!

People are creating multiple threads on the topic, which could be seen as spam, and is annoying many members of the forum.

OK, so we know the store will update today, and while we will get the Warhawk pack, I predict that we will still not get the poker webcam patch. We will also not get any more games that the US has had for ages, such as puzzlefighter and bowling. Then later tonight the US store will get something (or a number of things) that makes us feel even less well catered for. I predict they may even get Echochrome today, or Bionic COmmando. Either way, it's become so predictable that I can already sense that people will be grumbling.

Dude do you really think having one Thread about how Sony/SCEE have Screwed Europe againwill make a difference if we have only one thread about i uderstand yeah people wont feel like this topic is being spamed but 1 thread covering this topic won't make a difference compered to a alot of Threads covering the same Topic in difference when it comes to this stuff you have to think smart about it.

I'm sure you've all seen the letter i've wrote that posted in thread to do with send SCEE a email well today i will be sending a copy of that letter to all the Playstation Mags In Europe in USA and also in Japan and Hong Kong i'm gonna take this as fare as i can just like  Martin Luther King did when it comesto peoples rights and being tweated as an equal because it kind of the same thing.

Please watch my Youtube Video and leave as meny Comments as you can i will be showing to the PS3 magerzines and all to Sony.
Its all to do with being tweated like a equal and thats what there not doing. We are being seen as last in line and its not right.

make sure you watch Part one before Part 2 i will be uploading the Full video on to Voeh puting it on Face pic on Hi-5 and Myspace i want every one to know about what sony think of Europe. everything in the video is prue facts.
I'm not a Sony hater i just want the europe customers to be tweated like equals. 
0 Kudos

Playstation Home For Life not for a short term experience.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dragonriderm

60%
02 Rank
Progress
dragonriderm
Accepted Solution

Kung_Fu_Russ wrote:
i doubt you would be banned for being a dissatisfied customer.
if certain people had their way you would, but then what they say is mostly worthless anyway. 
0 Kudos

--------------------------------------
main psn id TheDragonRider

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=611&thread.id=2918&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

david reeves
"the first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even it didn't have games."

some ps3 owners have a track record of being sycophantic fanboys
| Playstation forum thread | Original article | Notepad file containing HTML code for sig' |

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SUPER-ZAHIR

60%
02 Rank
Progress
SUPER-ZAHIR
Accepted Solution
Somthing else sony can do is invest in better servers for us to download from
I'm on 20mb virgin media and belkin N1 vision and it took me about 1-1/2 hours to download the lastest firmware update and the update file is about 20mb! , On the otherhand downloading stuff of sites like adobe i can download a 1 gig file in 10mins!
it really **bleep** me of the amount of time it takes to download stuff off the store and FW updates, i was getting 200kbps download yesterday while downloading the update (my router has a built in LCD display which can tell me download speeds and stuff) but when i was downloading from adobe i was getting 19,985 kbps ( or somthing more or slightly less than that!)
0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

commander3

60%
02 Rank
Progress
commander3
Accepted Solution

SUPER-ZAHIR wrote:
I'm on 20mb virgin media and belkin N1 vision and it took me about 1-1/2 hours to download the lastest firmware update and the update file is about 20mb! , On the otherhand downloading stuff of sites like adobe i can download a 1 gig file in 10mins!
it really **bleep** me of the amount of time it takes to download stuff off the store and FW updates, i was getting 200kbps download yesterday while downloading the update (my router has a built in LCD display which can tell me download speeds and stuff) but when i was downloading from adobe i was getting 19,985 kbps ( or somthing more or slightly less than that!)
Same! Although I'm not on a 20Mb line like yourself, I can certainly get around 1Mbps on the computers so why then do I get crappy 100 - 200Kbps on the PS3? Is it the PSN servers? The update yesterday must have taken me an hour or so... Why bother with broadband (when it is primarily used for gaming) if it is crap when I use it on PS3?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SUPER-ZAHIR

60%
02 Rank
Progress
SUPER-ZAHIR
Accepted Solution

commander3 wrote:

SUPER-ZAHIR wrote:
Same! Although I'm not on a 20Mb line like yourself, I can certainly get around 1Mbps on the computers so why then do I get crappy 100 - 200Kbps on the PS3? Is it the PSN servers? The update yesterday must have taken me an hour or so... Why bother with broadband (when it is primarily used for gaming) if it is crap when I use it on PS3?

Its deffo their servers , as when im downloading from anywhere else I'll download a file of a few gigs in 20/30mins

where as when i'm downloading of the store a file of 700mb might take half a day!

Like i said i can see how fast my upload and download speed in through my router, and someone try downloading of adobe and you'll see how much faster it is

200mbps on sony and then 19,359 with adobe (for me anyway)

EVEN AT NON PEEKS TIME I STILL ONLY GET A DOWNLOAD SPEED OF ROUND 1000MBPS MAX

I SWEAR SONY ARE CAPPING THE MAXIMUM DOWNLOAD SPEED WE CAN GET!

Message Edited by SUPER-ZAHIR on 17-04-2008 10:51 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SUPER-ZAHIR

60%
02 Rank
Progress
SUPER-ZAHIR
Accepted Solution
How suprising I'm downloading the MGS beta now and am getting an average speed of round 500kbps! BS!
0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

needlessjason

60%
02 Rank
Progress
needlessjason
Accepted Solution

bump

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Jamie-boy

• Beta Tester
68%
02 Rank
Progress
Jamie-boy
Accepted Solution

Look to the first post, i dont see the point of you guys getting frustrated about a delay in home. So what, would you prefer an unfinished crappy game that xbox 360 owners can go HA they thought they could kick are arse with that! or a game that can actually kick their arse. So what if its late it doesnt matter so has a bunch of other titles for all consoles.

I understand where your coming from but you need to calm down.The forums for example where down for a reason and an important one. So that Europe can have something first the new intergration of a PSN forum, do americans have that? No. Thats why it took so long.

I am fed up of everyone complaining about SCEE, maybe your forgetting about Austrailia and New zealand? they have even worse problems then we do, they have the least features. Or maybe countries such as Cyprus that dont have A store at all and cant buy anything from the store because they cant use their credit cars. So these problems are ones that Europe has always faced. Maybe you should realise that United states of America and Japan will always recieve things before us. And maybe if you havent realise were getting a lot of Bonus' recently such as a free mgo beta for every european!

So obviously some people are getting a bit too greedy now. So take your rant and stop complaining.  

Before you flame me understand that i agree europe doesnt get as much stuff as the us but i still think this shouldnt be moaned about this much.

0 Kudos

"Twing Twang!"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Glitch321

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Glitch321
Accepted Solution
It's great that this thread is getting recognised. I hope a website brings this to SCEE attention. Keep up the good fight! :).
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Torrenera

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Torrenera
Accepted Solution

To Jamie-Boy

Then New Zeland and Australia and Cyprus should also complain about the unfair treatement and content they get and maybe Sony will listen and move off their fat arses and do **bleep**ing something!!!

That is why we are doing this because unlike those people we want change and for change to happen you have to raise your voice and show them you are not happy show them there is something wrong!!

And there is tons wrong with SCEE so we are **bleep** off at them and are shouting out to get change if all those countries are in a worst condition than us then i suggest they shout even louder

0 Kudos

BOYCOTT SCEE AND THEIR CRAP FOR THE TREATEMENT THEY GIVE US EUROPEANS!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

vanflyheight13

90%
03 Rank
Progress
vanflyheight13
Accepted Solution

Jamie-boy wrote:

Look to the first post, i dont see the point of you guys getting frustrated about a delay in home. So what, would you prefer an unfinished crappy game that xbox 360 owners can go HA they thought they could kick are arse with that! or a game that can actually kick their arse. So what if its late it doesnt matter so has a bunch of other titles for all consoles.

I understand where your coming from but you need to calm down.The forums for example where down for a reason and an important one. So that Europe can have something first the new intergration of a PSN forum, do americans have that? No. Thats why it took so long.

I am fed up of everyone complaining about SCEE, maybe your forgetting about Austrailia and New zealand? they have even worse problems then we do, they have the least features. Or maybe countries such as Cyprus that dont have A store at all and cant buy anything from the store because they cant use their credit cars. So these problems are ones that Europe has always faced. Maybe you should realise that United states of America and Japan will always recieve things before us. And maybe if you havent realise were getting a lot of Bonus' recently such as a free mgo beta for every european!

So obviously some people are getting a bit too greedy now. So take your rant and stop complaining.  

Before you flame me understand that i agree europe doesnt get as much stuff as the us but i still think this shouldnt be moaned about this much.

*Home has been in development for long enough, and we still don't have any clue as to when it's release is, other than "2008".
*We don't have PSN integration. It's only the ability to sign in with our PSN ID's, that's it. Hardly "integrated" at all.
*The forum hasn't been upgraded. Half the functionality of the old forum is missing.
*The MGO beta isn't exactly going smoothly, is it? So far it's taken 3 hours to get to 8% of the update, and it's not my connection that's at fault.
* Greedy? I paid nearly £500 for this machine, I expect to be given equal treatment with the US who paid less.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kung_Fu_Russ

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Kung_Fu_Russ
Accepted Solution
Home is for a different thread, people. We're talking about things that the US get that EU doesn't.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JordanBlack68

77%
05 Rank
Progress
JordanBlack68
Accepted Solution
Great Thread
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Jamie-boy

• Beta Tester
68%
02 Rank
Progress
Jamie-boy
Accepted Solution

To talk about the MGO issue everyone is having that problem in every country even if they have the code, The problem is a Server overload and will be fixed and online doesnt even start till monday so id still say were still pretty lucky because even if you downloaded the patch you wouldnt be able to play it still.

Secondly I payed the full price at launch as well and to be honhest wanting everything now is kinda the greedy approach. If you wanted home now it wouldnt be satisfactory for release thats nothing to do with sony not treating us well thats with sony making sure that home is perfect for when we get it.

And thirdly the forum before had a lot more bugs, with posts not being counted to your post count and sometimes posts not even being posted im glad they changed the forum, to be honhest and now i dont have to remember two accounts.

I agree with the store having hardly anything in it and it frustrates me as well. Just stop flaming about the forum and Home. that isnt scee my friends thats sony alltogether, remember home will be realeased worldwide not in the us first and then later for europeans so you cant even use that as an argument.

0 Kudos

"Twing Twang!"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Torrenera

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Torrenera
Accepted Solution

Well to Jamie Boy

Home is the flash card they use every time we are angry about a delay yes it's not anything to flame about i agree but we don't even have a release date and the forum well i think it's a big part of the consumer/customer side of things forums are important also it does not help they made the forums **bleep** since we have NO BLOG or well no good blog compared to the american one.

This combined with everything else in this thread shows the failure of SCEE so we're going to stand up and tell them to **bleep** OFF

0 Kudos

BOYCOTT SCEE AND THEIR CRAP FOR THE TREATEMENT THEY GIVE US EUROPEANS!!!
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel