26 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

Show when thread was created in popup?

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 763 Views edited 26-06-2012

The thread popup (shows start of thread text etc) is a great feature which would be made even better if it worked in the PS3 browser :smileywink:.

I jest (I'm sure absolutely every issue related to the PS3 browser will be addressed by tomorrows 4.2 update :smileytongue: (or I'm coming for you Kazuo :smileywink:)).

No, what would be great is if the popup also lists the date & time the thread was created, so if you spot a potentially interesting thread on the first page of a forum, you can quickly establish whether it's a new thread or someone resurrecting a relic.

ThinkPad T61 (2GB / 2.4GhZ dual core),
PS3 (256MB), PS2 (32MB), PS1 (2MB)
Commodore Amiga (512k), Amstrad PC-1512 (512k --> 640k + Nec-v30),
Atari 800XL (64k), Atari 400 (16k), Commodore Vic-20 (3.5k).

The PlayStation 3 Internet Browser Thread
Message 1 of 7 (763 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Show when thread was created in popup?

Does anyone else think this is a good idea, which should in theory be easy to implement?

This would allow you to quickly skip over threads like iTunes on your PS3 is here ...NOW (without opening them), which just reappeared in the PS3 forum, as this is an ancient relic from 2009...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (716 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

i think it's a good idea.

as would be an indicator of who the op is, throughout a thread.

could just have a little symbol, or username colour change

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (712 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

A better Idea Is to block posting on topics that are inactive for 6 months. with zero indication that posting is blocked

They can only be posted on if Moderators are contacted to reactivate the topic.

Some thing like a pop up with a Zombie picture of any mod on the first 1 min on the early shift at SCEE tower via say  a security camera photo.

And a message like. Nicromancy is discuraged buy SCEE, if you realy need to dig up this dead topic and bring it back to life. please send Coffee and the message needed to the zombie Moderator in the photo via PM. Thank you.. 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast... and TV from Sky PS4.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (700 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Art works done..

pic47.png 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast... and TV from Sky PS4.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (697 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

gymno74 wrote:

i think it's a good idea.

as would be an indicator of who the op is, throughout a thread.

could just have a little symbol, or username colour change

Agreed and as you say, it could be something quite subtle as you probably don't want to give the OP's posts too much emphasis (given the existing strong emphasis for moderator posts). 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (675 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

GraphiteGB wrote:

A better Idea Is to block posting on topics that are inactive for 6 months. with zero indication that posting is blocked

They can only be posted on if Moderators are contacted to reactivate the topic.

Some thing like a pop up with a Zombie picture of any mod on the first 1 min on the early shift at SCEE tower via say  a security camera photo.

And a message like. Nicromancy is discuraged buy SCEE, if you realy need to dig up this dead topic and bring it back to life. please send Coffee and the message needed to the zombie Moderator in the photo via PM. Thank you.. 

:smileyhappy:

It wouldn't do any harm to also show when the thread was created (the advantage of putting this in the popup is it saves space in the thread list). 

What would also be sweet is if you could display the popup for the last message posted, as again this might save you from opening the thread.

I seem to remember getting a warning prompt on some forum about resurrecting an old thread (must have good reason etc), which is certainly a good idea, but I can't remember what the consequences were for doing so unwisely...

P.S. 4.21 may have fixed the cookie issue (I've setup four perma cookies (NetFlix etc)), so if they haven't been eaten by next week, I'll update browser thread. Gymno74, GraphiteGB, if after updating to 4.21 you have a login cookie go A.W.O.L. (you have to re-login to this forum etc), please PM me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (674 Views)
0 Kudos