03 Jul 2011

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

NEED HELP! My WKC2 can't use online geonet, expire or invalid code

17 Replies 3,353 Views Created 03-07-2011

I am new to this game, never played b4 so i start with WKC1, soon after I can use geo net, i tried to enter redeem code but prompt with "your code is invalid or expired"

I dunno what happened. Is it because i used a non-EU account to enter? after this i registered an EU account but still got same prompt.

Im crazy now..WKC without geonet, how can you imagine!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (3,353 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: NEED HELP! My WKC2 can't use online geonet, expire or invalid code

It has to be an EU account for it to work though I have no idea if its further restricted by regions within the EU itself. The redemption code should work fine as I've heard about other importers trying the code on their normal PSN account first, but then having to redeem it on a European account.

What's the ID of your game (eg. the spine of my game box displays " BCES 01085")? We could try using that to track down the country that your copy was allocated to and seeing if creating a new account registered to that country would help.

Actually having said all that, if none of the above works you may want to try and see if the store you bought it from will offer you a replacement.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (3,351 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

mine is BCES01085 and i am at indonesia.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (3,348 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I did some more research and it seems like there's only one version of WKC2 in circulation so the code should work if you're using it on an EU account.

The only thing I can suggest is to see if the place you bought it from will offer you a replacement, but if that doesn't work then there's an online pass that you can buy on the Playstation store for £8.

If you set up a UK PSN then you can try shopping around on eBay for a £25 PSN card (that's the lowest price cards you can buy unfortunately) or you can use a site with Worldwide shipping like this one here: http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Sony-Playstation-Network-25-Pound-Card-Online-Code/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (3,341 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I use this account, vincent03091984 to purchase geo net pass in the game but tell me cant connect to server. I guess it is because the region restriction. later will check it out with reseller. thank you for your advice

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (3,335 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi!

I just purchased a copy of WKC2 from Singapore during one of my holiday trips over there and it turns our that the copy of WKC2 I purchased requires an EU account. I live in the Philippines so I think my console connects me to the HK server. Is there anyway I can use an EU account with my console or get a geonet license using my EU voucher? I don't think I can go back to the place I bought the game from anytime soon :smileysad:

Thanks in advance,
Ted
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (3,208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You could make a eu account but you would have to play it on that account as I don't think you will be able to connect with your HK account.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (3,197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

You're given an option to choose a country when creating a PSN account so you can easily make an EU account by setting the country as "United Kingdom", this will give you both access to the EU PSN store and the registration form will be in English too.

Once you've redeemed the code you will only be able to play it online with that PSN account.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (3,195 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the exact same problem ... i tried many times to enter the voucher code but it tells me either expired or not correct..
i have Eu account with Eu game,
My game ID is "BCES - 01085"

please i'm looking for your positive reply
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (3,103 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If the game was sold as new then you could either return it and swap it for another copy or contact sony's customer support
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (3,096 Views)
0 Kudos