16 Mar 2010
MVP
Playstation Staff

Why did this game get such low scores?

9 Replies 1,563 Views Created 16-03-2010
Really confused on why it got such low scores?? I'm really enjoying it !
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (1,563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Why did this game get such low scores?

[ Edited ]

Well it has quite some flaws if you look into it. Like the online levelling is insane. From GR7 on the gaps until the next level go into millions. The drop rates for rare loot are below 1% and above all it's just time consuming more then anything. You could even possible say that the battle system is slow, but me being a turn-based RPG fan I think it's perfect. And well the story... I know you're not that far yet.. you will see why it got low marks; all I say is 'trilogy'.

But it getting low marks certainly doesn't mean the game isn't enjoyable. Just when you look at it from a reviewers point of view, it's just not that super. I love it however!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (1,534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I wouldn't say the scores were very low...just average-y. I guess it's rather  a love/hate kind of game.

Personally, I really enjoy it but there's a few issues. The whole online aspect does bring the game above the rest though...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (1,487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

well im finding it very enjoyable compared to ff13 i sent that back after a day.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (1,411 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

i really love the game dont know why it got so low scores to me the game is at least a solid 8.7 but i would give it a 9 , i really love it 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (1,317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

u really don't see much RPGs with an awesome online :smileyvery-happy:

The price of freedom........
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (1,305 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ye I just got this game on the weekend and I have to admit I really enjoy it, possibly the best JRPG of this generation for me.

I mean there are alot of things that are a bit average, for example the story is pretty much throw away, btu for me the best part of the game is the online.

For me the best description of the game is that its a small MMORPG, I mean the combat is very similiar to MMO's, the loot system is similiar to MMO's and in games like Star Wars Galaxies & UO you can build your own town, and in this you can build your own town/village.

For anyone who is on the fence with this basically think of it like this, if you know a few other people who like this type of game, tell them to get it and you'll have a blast.  If your just interested in it for single player then you may want to think twice, the meat of thge game is in the multiplayer.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (1,189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think it just seems too like Kingdom Hearts. Dunno why, it's just the gameplay I think.

My YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xSpiikey
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (1,113 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

realsince1999 wrote:

I think it just seems too like Kingdom Hearts. Dunno why, it's just the gameplay I think.

Cant really comment on that as I have never played any of the Kingdom Hearts games, however I'm pretty sure Kingdom Hearts never had multiplayer, and its the multiplayer which is the big draw for this game.  I mean of the 30 odd hours I have been playing the game, I would say a good 75% of that is on the multiplayer side.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (1,070 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Absolutely nothing like kingdom hearts at all.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (1,061 Views)
0 Kudos