04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Is Infamous 3 on Its Way?

12 Replies 2,412 Views Created 06-05-2012

http://n4g.com/news/992975/is-infamous-3-on-its-way-or-is-it-something-else/pen

The Cole MacGrath voice actor and motion capturer, Eric Ladin, has been dropping hints on a new Sony title.

0 Kudos
LABELS:

Twitter.jpg

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

ocelot07

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution
Maybe a spin off for the Vita?
0 Kudos

Re: Is Infamous 3 on Its Way?

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
The Special Chicken and Pokemonfan58 will feature in the next game.
0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

either way yes please the best exclusive on the PS3 IMO

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Hate to disagree her but...

They both felt like identical games and nothing really evolved other than the UGC.  The story is prety much put to bed now and I just cant face another island with the same 5 repetative missions over and over disguised as an open world game :/

What I really enjoyed though was Festival of Blood

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Mikal_Drey wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Hate to disagree her but...

They both felt like identical games and nothing really evolved other than the UGC.  The story is prety much put to bed now and I just cant face another island with the same 5 repetative missions over and over disguised as an open world game :/

What I really enjoyed though was Festival of Blood

like i said IMO. 

it is my most enjoyed exclusive

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

endwight

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
endwight
Accepted Solution

I disagree.  In fact, I thought they felt like two completely different games.  Infamous 1, I ran around the city feeling like a complete badass.  I could throw cars 10-20 feet with ease and plow through 20-30 Dust Men with ease.  The combat and powers systems were polished to complete perfection.  And the story line was very intriguing with excellent enemies and bosses.

Infamous 2 on the other hand, made me weaker from the start.  Even the most powerful "blast" (Punch Blast) could, at best scoot a car over by 5 feet.  I can take on maybe 15 militia or ice men, and all the head villains sucked.  Voice acting was terrible (See bad southern and South African accents) and all of the head villains seemed more like an annoyance than a real boss.  Long range combat was grossly imbalanced and often times I saw obvious patterns that enemies fell into (Chrushers using the same sequence of moves over and over again).  Powers, excluding ionic moves, were crap, and most of the time were just a flashy new spin-off of the same power.  Oh, and the storyline sucked.

But, I did enjoy Festival of Blood as well.

0 Kudos

/16
75%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HoodedSolidSnake
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

best exclusive on the PS3

Yeah, maybe not the best, but definitely one of them.

0 Kudos

Formerly realsince1999.

/16

dpkr123

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dpkr123
Accepted Solution

If it is than, it should be something like this:

• powers change to match karma system (good is light based powers, evil is darkness based powers)
  • the powers should be fundamentally different.
  • Last boss should have power to eliminate all life and should probably have some sort of power to nullify other conduits powers.
  • Game map should probably encompass several cities.
  • Minions should be able to move like Cole Ex. Festival of blood
  • should probably be an all out war.
  • Main character changes to a younger person.
  • Cole becomes last boss.
  • Mid-bosses and enemies should probably be the crumbling government and different factions of power users and finally remaining non-conduits.
0 Kudos

/16

Nat_sat

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nat_sat
Accepted Solution

I totally agree there, if they do make infamous 3 which they should they need to ask the fans what powers and story line should it have!  I mean for example he should be able to fly or better yet teleport anywhere as his older counterpart kessler did when you fight him.  His ionic tornado should keep and his lightning storm should travel like it did in the first one and to throw into the mix he should also have that ground shockwave attack in the first one that kessler have not only shook the ground but creates clone of himself that instantly attack his opponents!  And last but not least he should substitiute one of his electrical blast with an attack very similar to the tessler missle!!

0 Kudos

/16

GhostFreak9956

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GhostFreak9956
Accepted Solution

Your wrong we need bigger island / more powers a good story better voice acting. And we don't need a another game like prototype 2 were the good guy from the first game is a bad guy in the second. No thank you don't need a game like that .

What I think the third game should be is it's been 10-15 year's after the second game and Cole as been in a coma all that time and the government as made there own conduits with an opposing  force Cole wakes  to see the world is in ruined with he's conduit powers  a gone both sides of the conflict confront him telling him they can give him he's powers back if he agrees to help them but what ever group he chose throw in a third group that's working in the background to make both side start a war and when the dust settle's they take over and I recon the third group should have zeke in it or running it . With his own conduit powers .

he confronts Cole all so to ask that he help the group destroy the other's but he wont go for it. And at the end of the game what ever side you a on you have a fight to end all fight with zeke. 

now something like that would make a great story / making Cole the bad guy in the third game just seems the same thing over and over like in comic's and cartoon's it gets old we need something new like his best friend getting powers an wanting more. 

now that to sounds more better the super hero turns bad but the best friend of the hero who wants his own power and betraying the hero sounds better to me.          

0 Kudos

/16

Anglachel77

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Anglachel77
Accepted Solution

GhostFreak9956 wrote:

now something like that would make a great story / making Cole the bad guy in the third game just seems the same thing over and over like in comic's and cartoon's it gets old we need something new like his best friend getting powers an wanting more. 

now that to sounds more better the super hero turns bad but the best friend of the hero who wants his own power and betraying the hero sounds better to me.          

Didn't we already have that in the first Infamous? You know, Zeke activating the Ray Sphere in the hopes of getting powers and siding with Kessler?

But since were talking about the Ray Sphere, what about that other dimension that John had traveled in? If I remember correctly, the RFI was put in Cole's coffin along with him. What if the thunderbolt overloaded it and sent Cole into a sort of limbo state and to another dimension/reality?

0 Kudos

/16
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RABID_WARE_FURBY
Accepted Solution
I think it's a horrible idea to ask the fans how you should build a game. Its the creators resposibility to make the game great and it's easiest for them to do so when they don't have thousands of people telling them what to do whether they be company exec's or fans.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel