28 Oct 2011
Playstation Staff

FoB UGC showing up in IF2

6 Replies 682 Views Created 28-10-2011

Copypasta from my SP Forums post:

After playing around with FoB and the UGC, I decided to fire up my copy of IF2 and found out that the missions I have favorited in FoB are appearing in IF2. When I try to start one, it shows the normal black screen with the title and author and then responds with a window popping up stating, "The mission file could not be loaded.". I have a few pictures of this if needed or is this a common issue?

Along the same line, does this mean we could have Infamous 2 interface with Festival of Blood seamlessly? Such as the ability to load FoB saves from the Infamous 2 save menu and vice versa and the option to start a new FoB or IF2 game from either start menu. Perhaps even unlocking the rest of New Marais in FoB for IF2 owners?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (682 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: FoB UGC showing up in IF2

[ Edited ]

I personally can't answer that question, but I hope they do something along those lines. Hopefully they change the UGC so you can have militia, rebels, vampires, and ice guys all in the same level! The Festival of Blood levels have less of a chance of being as diverse as the Infamous 2 levels because there's only a few types of enemies. (It's also annoying that you can't limit powers or mess with their corruption/blood meter >.>).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (650 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I love the fact that powers can't be disabled. It stops people from arbitrarily taking them away for the sake of adding difficulty. As for blood, someone on another forum apparently found a way to give Cole infinite blood, although I haven't tried it myself...

"I figured out how to make it so you can constantly recieve blood so that you dont run out.

place a random fiend/harpie/firstborn anywhere on the map. name them group 1 (or whatever group name you want)

[Monitor-mission starts] > Splitter

Splitter output 1: [Timer-0.5 seconds] > [Monitor-Health-set Group 1 to 100%]
Splitter output 2: [Timer-0.6 seconds] > [Monitor-Health-set Group 1 to 0% -Defeated]

It doesnt matter where the vampire is, once he is set to defeated, (not incapacitated) , cole will regain blood as if he just staked the vampire. It also does a cool effect around Cole's legs, which could also be cool to use in a mission. "

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (625 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

bnfdhfdhfd wrote:

I love the fact that powers can't be disabled. It stops people from arbitrarily taking them away for the sake of adding difficulty.

Um. First of all the point of making levels isn't to make it easy. If people want to make their levels more difficult they should be able to do so. (For example, levels in IF2 where ionics could be used to complete the level in secs. I mean its awesome to use ionics but it just shortens the experience the creator was trying to make.) Also, since you can't limit powers, Cole is always a vampire since he always has his vampire powers. It's not a completely bad thing but it minimizes the amount of variety of UGC missions on FOB.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (606 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Okay, I'm not really sure what your point is. Cole being a vampire is the entire point of FoB. If you take away his vampire abilities, you might as well just play Infamous 2.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (596 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

bnfdhfdhfd wrote:

Okay, I'm not really sure what your point is. Cole being a vampire is the entire point of FoB. If you take away his vampire abilities, you might as well just play Infamous 2.

Well, you're perception of what UGC is supposed to be obviously doesn't match my perception, and I'm fine with that. I just feel like a tool like this should be made to allow for as many diverse levels as possible and being able to change Cole's set of powers would allow for a little bit more diversity than I'm currently seeing in at least the narrative FOB levels.

Oh, and sorry GhostNeurosis, this is way off topic.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Very late response, I know, but I just got FoB myself so figured I could chime in.

Quite frankly I tend to agree with the both of you. I think that a majority of UGC creators takes powers away solely for the sake of it. But there are much more ways to enhance the difficulty of a level. For example; if you don't want Cole to fly off using his static trusters you could turn this power off. Personally I think its a better idea to add a volume, make it hoover in the air and use that to check if Cole enters it. If he does he's flying and then you can fail the mission.

Sometimes having a power while you should remind yourself not to use it can be much more dificult than simply trying to use the power and going "oh, right, can't use it; time for plan B".

But having said that I do agree that it could be a good addition. I mean; sure, taking Cole's vampire powers away could be a little useless. But what about his electrical abilities?  Remove static trusters so that you need to rely on vampire flight for example...

Alas; just my 2 cents...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (401 Views)
0 Kudos