24 Jun 2011

Playstation Staff

infamous 3 idea

9 Replies 498 Views Created 25-06-2011

i think there should be two new infamous 3's; one that follows the good karma ending and one that follows the bad karma ending. Anyone else agree?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (498 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: infamous 3 idea

I hate the idea of making two inFamous 3's because then there is no point in making karmic choices.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (481 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

How can iF3 continue from both endings?

As the hero play through would be very quick and simply. As cole is dead with all the other conduits.

As for the infamus. There are only a hand full of people left as only the conduits.

I'm not saying iF3 won't get made, just don't see how they could continue Coles story.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. Or should I?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I don't necessary think it's a horrible idea but I don't think its a very good idea.. inFAMOUS, from 1 to 2 is the best story I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, and they would only kill the story by releasing another.. The only way they could get away with a third, is by doing an in between the two games story and even that would have to be handled delicately in order to present such an immaculate game that they've wowed us with before..  I would like to see a movie, using the same texture of the ending credits, I swear after I beat inFAMOUS 2, I felt empty but full.. Both endings

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (460 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I think the best idea for an inFamous 3 would be to play as Kessler, for the good karmic choice you make Cole a Hero, for evil karmic choice you make cole become evil.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (429 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sucker Punch have put themselves in a corner with this one.  The sequence of events is tight-knit.  Cole gets his powers in the first, one month passes, and his story ends in the second.  I don't see any story branching out of the second inFamous unless they do something really stupid.  The shakiness of the transition from the original to the second indicates that Sucker Punch did not have the story for the second game figured out when they concluded the original inFamous.  There is no chance for a prequel since Cole did not have his powers beforehand.  The only option I see would be to create a game taking place between the two, one based of the DC comic which I never read.  However, that would place us back in Empire City, which would have to magically change into something else to avoid repetition.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (382 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I think that would be the best thing they could do for the series, and it does seem to be a good idea.  You would live through all the most important parts of Kessler's life: the Beast arrives, his loved ones die, he goes back in time, he creates the Ray Sphere with Wolfe, the Sphere detonates, then he faces his younger self in an epic final battle.  Even the Karma system your suggesting could work out if it was developed just right.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (314 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I like the idea of making two different versions of the game.

But if Sucker Punch has to pick one ending to start Infamous 3 with, I pick the evil one because I have no idea how they can make a 3rd game with what happened at the end of the good ending.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Getting a liitle off topic but has anyone seen the stories on ign.com and gameinformer.com that talk about Infamous 3 ideas.

here are the links: 

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1180284p1.html

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/06/30/infamous-3-wishlist.aspx

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (280 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I'm Portuguese so sorry for spelling errors.

At the beginning of the game to decide whether to continue the end of:

GOOD- *50 years later * A conductor was trapped in a kind of machine spherical *powers condenser * (fueled by a core explosion) which focused its electrical power. This machine was buried beneath the ice in Antarctica. This protected him of the inhibitor ball lightning and he kept his powers. Due to global warming melted the ice machine and is very close to the surface. A snowmobile passes over the machine and the ice breaks. exposed to electricity estactic the machine is short circuit and absorbs the power of snowmobiling and vital energy of the driver. The powers condenser bursts and the conductor returns to life with full powers.
A bolt hit him and he gets the memories of Cole.
He was buried for hundreds of years and has an almost infinite pure energy within you. He chooses between: the energy release and agree dezens buried conductors throughout the world in power condenser, two for each power, and try to dominate the world, or contain the energy and slowly losing power and strength (because the pure energy deteriorate ) and try to defeat a tyrant who rules the world, except for areas dominated by rebels. He has to escape from the Antarctic and fight the tyrant alone to free the world, or fight against the rebels and the dictator, with the help of dozens of conductors.

BAD-*during the conquest of the world by conducters * Cole must continue with the invasion and slaughter all the humans, giving powers to conductors During the game will be overrunning towns and army of conductors is increased. Since there is only one city in the world where they hide a few thousand people, with what remains of their weapons, food supply anda core explosion that hid from the conductors and that Cole needs to survive. They also have a device that allows the universal TRANSFER Cole receives the powers of all conductors in the world, however they will die if he does.
So he has to choose between: the conductors cheat and become the only survivor in the world, or give them the cores of explosion and die.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (137 Views)
0 Kudos